You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

cant install the download client?

keep getting this message.

The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author.

laptop is getting on a bit but any help?

thanks

Comments

• edited March 2015
    It could be your anti-virus package blocking the install. Try disabling it and retry the installation.

• edited March 2015
    In Response to cant install the download client?:
    keep getting this message. The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author. laptop is getting on a bit but any help? thanks
    Posted by mewillows
    Hi mewillows,

We've seen similar posts to this a few times now - in most cases this has been resolved by upgrading or reinstalling Adobe AIR to get the latest version first, and then you should be able to install the Download Client.

Hope this helps! I'll ask the team to add this to the FAQ as well.

Chris
    Sky Poker Technical Team

• edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: cant install the download client?:
    In Response to cant install the download client? : Hi mewillows, We've seen similar posts to this a few times now - in most cases this has been resolved by upgrading or reinstalling Adobe AIR to get the latest version first, and then you should be able to install the Download Client. Hope this helps! I'll ask the team to add this to the FAQ as well. Chris Sky Poker Technical Team
    Posted by Sky_ChrisB
    Chris B,
    As I made the same reply to Joynt's same query BEFORE (honest) I read this post, How much willI be paid as a Sky Tech Team member??
    Waiting in anticipation with baited breath ( I did clean my teeth this morning )