You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Priority Freeroll (Mini)

edited April 2015 in Poker Chat
Hey guys,

Just me or does it not seem a little tight that the Prio freerolls are the same prizepool now as last year when only 25-40 of us from entering. £1,000 between 77 of us tonight seems a little low, anyone else got any thoughts on this?

Cheers, Dave (Alvez11)

Comments

• edited March 2015
    In Response to Priority Freeroll (Mini):
    Hey guys, Just me or does it not seem a little tight that the Prio freerolls are the same prizepool now as last year when only 25-40 of us from entering. £1,000 between 77 of us tonight seems a little low, anyone else got any thoughts on this? Cheers, Dave (Alvez11)
    Posted by Alvez11
    agree, not worth the effort, getting in priority now, just for 2 freerolls, no other promo's this month, vey poor.
  • edited March 2015
    scrap the freerolls imo and use the prizepool money budget for an alternative priority promo
  • edited March 2015
    I agree with both. The players hitting priority club, in general, are not fussed about the kind of £ that nearly all the position prizes provide. Tonight for example, in the priority main, you've got to come 3rd out of 83 registrants just to hit over £200. Priority clubs become more pointless than a glass hammer. Cheers for the comments guys.

Dave
  • edited March 2015
    Plus there hasn't been any prio promo this month (that iam aware of).

Maybe with the new company buying Sky Poker over they are just cutting back on their budget for prio.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Priority Freeroll (Mini):
    Plus there hasn't been any prio promo this month (that iam aware of). Maybe with the new company buying Sky Poker over they are just cutting back on their budget for prio.
    Posted by LARSON7

This is definitely not the case we can assure you.
  • edited March 2015
    Plus there hasn't been any prio promo this month (that iam aware of). Maybe with the new company buying Sky Poker over they are just cutting back on their budget for prio.
    Posted by LARSON7
    sadly, this seems 2 b true, no point putting in the time 2 get in 2 priority, just for 2 freerolls, with 80+ runners.
  • edited March 2015
    Do away with all priority prize pools and put it into a freeroll for everyone will be good for the liquidity in the site.
  • edited March 2015
    Surely the point of putting in the time is cos you win more money regardless of the promos etc.

Pretty much every prio player I can think of is a winning player, so playing 100hr in the month = more £££ won than playing 50hr.

Never understand people saying 'theres no incentive to play more', the incentive is that you win more money the more you play (and obviously get more rakeback).

The freerolls were always pretty small in terms of equity, basically like freerolling a £25 comp, now its freerolling like a £15 comp,not much of a difference to any player that makes prio. Was anyone really going for prio just cos of these freerolls and now they're gonna leave it cos runners have gone from 40-50 to 80?

If you take them away, its £3k to divide between what, 150 players? There's only so much you can do with that element of the 'prio package'.
  • edited March 2015
    Is there not a jackpot bonus for the freerolls. Seems like an easy way to make £ given it appears lots don't appear to take them seriously.
  • edited April 2015
    Only 15 players this month in the mini so am not complaining ;) how come u could only reg on the day? An how come u can't reg for the main yet? Usually both put up at same time
  • edited April 2015
    I completely missed the freeroll :( Got no reminder from Sky like I usually do and only being able to reg on the day can't have helped!
  • edited April 2015
    The registration was an odd one, being new to priority I'm not used to the schedule of 2nd tuesday in month etc. But was very surprised so many of the regs forgot to play it. Also no late reg i think didnt help. Might set an alert for main registration dont want to miss that one lol
  • edited April 2015
    15 players on Tuesday which was good for those of us who played but I'm sure sky used to send reminders via email or text.
  • edited April 2015
    15 players on Tuesday which was good for those of us who played but I'm sure sky used to send reminders via email or text.
    Posted by BigHawk89
    +1
  • edited April 2015
    Missed it too. Looked in the lobby on Monday and pretty sure it wasn't there!
  • edited April 2015
    yep missed it aswell, no reminder or nothing, checked Monday wasn't in lobby so thought it must b next week, typical.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Priority Freeroll (Mini) : sadly, this seems 2 b true, no point putting in the time 2 get in 2 priority, just for 2 freerolls, with 80+ runners.
    Posted by pixie919
    I assume that players do not simply 'put in the time' to achieve priority status, for the benefits afforded thereafter. I thought that getting there was its own reward, or am I wrong?

It seems a little ungrateful to be moaning about only being given a couple of freerolls to play.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Priority Freeroll (Mini) : I assume that players do not simply  ' put in the time'   to achieve priority status, for the benefits afforded thereafter. I thought that getting there was its own reward, or am I wrong? It seems a little ungrateful to be moaning about only being given a couple of freerolls to play.
    Posted by Slipwater
    would b nice if they let u no when they are though, they wernt in the lobby when I checked Monday night.
  • edited April 2015
    ya missed it too,so it wasnt put up in the lobby until very late