You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BRING BACK SKY POKER TV PETITION

edited March 2015 in Poker Chat

Comments

• edited March 2015
    It's not their decision. It's due to legal reasons as it says on the thread.
  • edited March 2015
    Good morning Flashflush.
    If it is just 4 legal reasons, why waste time and ask people to fill out  a  survey.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited March 2015
    I'm guessing they were trying to gage how important live shows and the TV aspect as a whole were. They have already said they will do a live show on Skysports and some pre recorded stuff on Challenge. If everyone replied to the survey with "Too be honest mate, we don't care and just come here to make money" then I doubt they would of kept the Skysports and Challenge TV stuff going.

Clearly from the response on the forum the TV is important to a lot of people and that's why they are trying all they can.
  • edited March 2015
    In layman's terms please - what are the legal reasons?
  • edited March 2015
    They didn't say, nor will they I expect as with all these type of things. Basically it's to do with the Skybet take over and now being kind of separate (But not) to Sky TV... 

Also I may be totally wrong lol

It's the first post on the thread, have a look I may of misinterpreted it
  • edited March 2015
    Hi Charles

I have just re-read the opening post but can see no explanation of what the legal reasons are for the need to change.

Of course, it makes not a jot of difference to what is going to happen, I would just like to get a rounder view. 

n Response to Re: BRING BACK SKY POKER TV PETITION:
    They didn't say, nor will they I expect as with all these type of things. Basically it's to do with the Skybet take over and now being kind of separate (But not) to Sky TV...  Also I may be totally wrong lol It's the first post on the thread, have a look I may of misinterpreted it
    Posted by FlashFlush
  • edited March 2015
    I was meaning this bit...

"Following the recent news that Sky Betting & Gaming is to become an independent company, we have been reviewing the Sky Poker channel. Although we will still be part owned by Sky and will still work closely with them, effectively we will be a separate company and that affects how we can run the channel commercially and legally."