You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What is the Status of TV icon tables?

edited March 2015 in Poker Chat
Which channel will the TV icon tables be shown on?

or are they now obsolete?

Anyone?

Comments

• edited March 2015
    I would imagine that since Sky Poker TV are still going to produce shows for broadcast on Sky Sports, Challenge and who knows where else they will stay.
  • edited March 2015
    Probably be used for that pre recorded stuff they said they may get round to doing 
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: What is the Status of TV icon tables?:
    bump
    Posted by Red_King
    Sorry Red, I missed the question first time round.

Which channel? It'll be one of the Sky Sports Channels. Don't know which one, as they jump around a bit, & sometimes they dedicate Channels to, say, the Cricket World Cup (at present) or the Augusta Masters in a few weeks time.

They are not obsolete, no.

It does not matter awfully, I don't think. The TV Icon does not mean play WILL be shown, only that it MAY be shown.

I'm just guessing, I don't know, but that seems likely to me.  

• edited March 2015
    Probably be used for that pre recorded stuff they said they may get round to doing 
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Quite possibly, yes, though the pr-recorded stuff will be a lot wider than just on site MTT's & Cash Games, it'll include location shoots at big poker festivals, interviews, features & the like.

It'll take a while to evolve into the final product, everyone is flat out busy right now, & the lads have just started the editing the latest Sky Poker UKPC series. 

Sky Sports, of course, attracts a very different & much wider audience.

• edited March 2015
    I just hope that not all of the Challenge TV stuff will be directed at a novice audience and that we still get some poker coverage directed at those of us who have been playing the game for some time (some of us more time than others!) and know and understand the basic concepts.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: What is the Status of TV icon tables? : Sorry Red, I missed the question first time round. Which channel? It'll be one of the Sky Sports Channels. Don't know which one, as they jump around a bit, & sometimes they dedicate Channels to, say, the Cricket World Cup (at present) or the Augusta Masters in a few weeks time. They are not obsolete, no. It does not matter awfully, I don't think. The TV Icon does not mean play WILL be shown, only that it MAY be shown. I'm just guessing, I don't know, but that seems likely to me.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    They should dedicating one to poker.  I hear they have a spare slot on the EPG at the moment :)