You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I get nothing!

edited March 2015 in Poker Chat
Re up your game promo. I earned over 800 points in Jan, playing MTTs. I am a leisure player, playing sats and play most evenings,, nothing to heavy or serious. My normal points average around 600 / 700 per month, but with few days holiday in Jan, played a bit more. so I was never likely or have the dosh to get near extra points needed to get into one of the big money free rolls. 
     Enjoy playing the site,can never get my head round their promos, always wanting more from us punters. Time to pack it in, playing like a coo with a banjo anyway, so punt the football instead.I earn a £50 free bet each week with Sky Bet club, thats a decent promo.

Comments

• edited March 2015
    In Response to I get nothing!:
    Re up your game promo. I earned over 800 points in Jan, playing MTTs. I am a leisure player, playing sats and play most evenings,, nothing to heavy or serious. My normal points average around 600 / 700 per month, but with few days holiday in Jan, played a bit more. so I was never likely or have the dosh to get near extra points needed to get into one of the big money free rolls.       Enjoy playing the site,can never get my head round their promos, always wanting more from us punters. Time to pack it in, playing like a coo with a banjo anyway, so punt the football instead.I earn a £50 free bet each week with Sky Bet club, thats a decent promo.
    Posted by poncake
    The £50 free bet was dropped a while back. £20 has been the maximum for a while.

• edited March 2015
    unfortunetley poker sites teand to base their promo's towards high volume players. 

This rewards players for loyalty for playing loads of hands, generating alot of rake, i'd imagine almost specifically to that one site. This does also teand to favour other formats over the mtt format you mention. 

Tbf what kind of promo would you want aimed at urself. 
  • edited March 2015
    Probably the best and certainly the most inclusive promo Sky have done for as long as I can remember. If you want a slice of the 60k they are/were giving away then you have to earn it.

I deduce that you just want Sky to give you free money?
  • edited March 2015
    Think what he/she is meaning is it is a bit harsh on players like himself who had a good month in january too find that people who did not play only had too get 100 points or so too enter £60000 worth of freerolls where as after his 800 points in january which was up from his 700 the previous month meant he got in none does seem harsh too me as well.

Why should people who had made under 80 points in january only need too get 100 points and then they get entered into all 3 yet people spending 40/50x that every month then struggle too get in 1 freeroll does that seem fair on all those players who had already played more in january and pay more rake month after month than the majority who gained entry too these freerolls.

i.e player a never plays on site sees promotion details and thinks well 100 points gets me entry too £60000 of frerolls so plays 100x30p games gets 100 points and entry too all  three freerolls at a cost of £30

Player b plays on site most days averages 1500 points a month so needs too make 1/3 extra points just for entry too 1 freeroll  so 500x30p games =£150 for 1 freeroll plus still has too get the 1500 points ussually gets!

And then we have all those who have more than 1 account and just use that too get the 100 points needed for all 3 but sssh no one on here has more than 1 account do they! no of course not  its they,re mums,dads,brothers,sisters wifes,husbands account init

• edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: I get nothing!:
    Think what he/she is meaning is it is a bit harsh on players like himself who had a good month in january too find that people who did not play only had too get 100 points or so too enter £60000 worth of freerolls where as after his 800 points in january which was up from his 700 the previous month meant he got in none does seem harsh too me as well. Why should people who had made under 80 points in january only need too get 100 points and then they get entered into all 3 yet people spending 40/50x that every month then struggle too get in 1 freeroll does that seem fair on all those players who had already played more in january and pay more rake month after month than the majority who gained entry too these freerolls.  i.e player a never plays on site sees promotion details and thinks well 100 points gets me entry too £60000 of frerolls so plays 100x30p games gets 100 points and entry too all  three freerolls at a cost of £30 Player b plays on site most days averages 1500 points a month so needs too make 1/3 extra points just for entry too 1 freeroll  so 500x30p games =£150 for 1 freeroll plus still has too get the 1500 points ussually gets! And then we have all those who have more than 1 account and just use that too get the 100 points needed for all 3 but sssh no one on here has more than 1 account do they! no of course not  its they,re mums,dads,brothers,sisters wifes,husbands account init
    Posted by churchy18
    There is zero reference to this in the OP.

I didn't qualify for any of the UYG freerolls, due to putting in way more hours than the norm (for me) in January. Such is life.

Pretty obvious why Sky use some promos to tempt back dormant accounts, but UYG was beneficial for a very wide player pool.
  • edited March 2015
    Think thats what he is getting at hairy or after all u could have just said did u not get £8quid odd C4P in febuary so you did get somthing!

P.S I only made 1 as played a fair bit january and just made that
  • edited March 2015
    Re up your game promo. I earned over 800 points in Jan, playing MTTs. I am a leisure player, playing sats and play most evenings,, nothing to heavy or serious. My normal points average around 600 / 700 per month, but with few days holiday in Jan, played a bit more. so I was never likely or have the dosh to get near extra points needed to get into one of the big money free rolls.       Enjoy playing the site,can never get my head round their promos, always wanting more from us punters. Time to pack it in, playing like a coo with a banjo anyway, so punt the football instead.I earn a £50 free bet each week with Sky Bet club, thats a decent promo.
    Posted by poncake
    Hi Ponny,

You did run a bit bad by playing a lot in January, but them's the breaks sometimes, some did well, some not so. Life is, sadly, not always fair.

Every month, there are a raft of different Promos, but it's like Jack Spratt & his missus, sometimes it clicks, sometimes not.

As a general rule, Promos try to get players to play more, & in return, get more. We might not like the concept of no pain no gain, but that's generally how it is.  

There was a Freeroll on here last night (well, just 25 points, which is within reach of most) which was worth £5,200. It had 650 runners, so effectively, that Freeroll had a value of £8 per player.

I know if you or me saw an £8 note blowing down the street, we'd be pretty pleased, right?

That was the THIRD £5,200 Freeroll of it's type this month. So there's £15,600 straight off. 

• edited March 2015
    Posted by poncake
    Quick PS Ponny - you are deffo running bad - I just replied to your "Avoid" thread, HERE
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: I get nothing! : There is zero reference to this in the OP. I didn't qualify for any of the UYG freerolls, due to putting in way more hours than the norm (for me) in January. Such is life. Pretty obvious why Sky use some promos to tempt back dormant accounts, but UYG was beneficial for a very wide player pool.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Can't really argue with this at all.

I only got 564 in January, but due to double points I almost made it to priority for february, and would have if every Saturday I wasn't out.

Some people are so ungrateful lol
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: I get nothing! : Can't really argue with this at all. I only got 564 in January, but due to double points I almost made it to priority for february, and would have if every Saturday I wasn't out. Some people are so ungrateful lol
    Posted by Matt237
    That's a good example, Matt, of how these things can cut both ways.

There is no 100% "fair" formula, but they certainly don't set out to be unfair, why would they?

• edited March 2015
    I get all the points raised, just had a bad day. But my point was I had played a bit more over the holiday period, and was unable to do the same in Feb. Re Sky Bet club, still is £50 max. I have it going in tomorrow. I will be playing poker tomorrow, get back to abc poker, had a few top 3 finishes in main event mtts, so I will get back on the horse and stop being a greetin faced moaner.
  • edited March 2015
    I get all the points raised, just had a bad day. But my point was I had played a bit more over the holiday period, and was unable to do the same in Feb. Re Sky Bet club, still is £50 max. I have it going in tomorrow. I will be playing poker tomorrow, get back to abc poker, had a few top 3 finishes in main event mtts, so I will get back on the horse and stop being a greetin faced moaner.
    Posted by poncake
    Every day above ground is a good day.

Get back on that horse :)
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to I get nothing! : The £50 free bet was dropped a while back. £20 has been the maximum for a while.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Not true, still max £50, on my account anyway.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: I get nothing! : Not true, still max £50, on my account anyway.
    Posted by FINS
    Well that's really odd!

I was a regular receiver of the £50 free bets, then a few months ago I got a general marketing email from Sky Bet saying they were changing the prizes and getting rid of the £50 - with the max now being £20 (and that's the max showing on the Bet Club promo page).