You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

desktop poker software will not download...help!

I am trying to download the desktop poker software which i have previously installed before
when i tried to open the software today, nothing happened.........it would not open, so i uninstalled and have been trying to re-install for hours now, everytime i go through the process of installing i receive this error message
"sorry an error has occured, The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author"

last week the same thing happened, i uninstalled and when trying to reinstall i received the same message so i just left it for a couple of days and then managed to install no problems next time i tried to download

any ideas anyone ? desperatly want to play some tournys today and i have been trying online help since 4pm and still no answer ....someone please help

Comments

• edited March 2015
    In Response to desktop poker software will not download...help!:
    I am trying to download the desktop poker software which i have previously installed before when i tried to open the software today, nothing happened.........it would not open, so i uninstalled and have been trying to re-install for hours now, everytime i go through the process of installing i receive this error message "sorry an error has occured, The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author" last week the same thing happened, i uninstalled and when trying to reinstall i received the same message so i just left it for a couple of days and then managed to install no problems next time i tried to download any ideas anyone ? desperatly want to play some tournys today and i have been trying online help since 4pm and still no answer ....someone please help
    Posted by joynt
    Can't help with the software , but install Google chrome and play through that ! Works for me but I am a 2 table only girl.....
  • edited March 2015
    wow !! after all the years playing here i never knew poker could be acessed on the website and opened in normal browser windows......runs much better this way, lost so much money through using the poker software on desktop as i was constantly disconnected and it was unreliable and online help wouldnt refund any "away" losses through being disconnected by sky software...
    thank you for reply running fine in web browser now :):)

In Response to Re: desktop poker software will not download...help!:
    In Response to desktop poker software will not download...help! : Can't help with the software , but install Google chrome and play through that ! Works for me but I am a 2 table only girl.....
    Posted by andipandy
  • edited March 2015
    It could be your anti-virus package blocking the proper install of the download client. If you temporarily disable the AV then try to install it may work.

• edited March 2015
    will have a look at that ......thanks

In Response to Re: desktop poker software will not download...help!:
    It could be your anti-virus package blocking the proper install of the download client. If you temporarily disable the AV then try to install it may work.
    Posted by NoseyBonk