You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

what would you consider a good return on 2p/4p tables?

edited March 2015 in The Poker Clinic
hi guys, very general question but what would you consider a good average return on a 2p/4p table for aaround an hour in the long run in BB? i know theres a lot of variance in poker but a ballpark figure would be nice from any experienced low stake cash players out there! 

Comments

• edited March 2015
    depends how many tables you are playing??  I would say at them levels if you can make 15-20p per table per hour over 100+ hours then that would be a very good return
  • edited March 2015
    i go in with £1.20 and my target is always £5, once i have hit that i take the money and run.
    caution with these tables though as a lot of players treat them as freerolls and re-raise with silly hands, all in with low cards and some very bold bluffing, i usually move tables a few times to avoid this until i find a table where people are really playing poker and not bingo

the upside of finding a table full of bingo bandits is you can take some good amounts between £1-£4 a hand off some of these idiots obvioously presuming you have a great hand preflop, but this is poker and anything can happen....watching the table for 5-10mins before joining will help you suss out what type of players are there and what type of game they are playing

to answer what would be a good return , i have already said what my target is everytime i join a table, if im not getting the hands at around £3.50 sometimes i will leave then also before i lose, if i double up im happy but my target is always for £5.
    im sure each answer will be different
    In Response to what would you consider a good return on 2p/4p tables?:
    hi guys, very general question but what would you consider a good average return on a 2p/4p table for aaround an hour in the long run in BB? i know theres a lot of variance in poker but a ballpark figure would be nice from any experienced low stake cash players out there! 
    Posted by SamZed19
  • edited March 2015

I've previously been suggested that aiming to win an average of 5 big blinds, per hour, per table is a good win-rate for any level you are at.

So anything 20p per hour or more over a large sample of 2p/4p would be a good achievement.

I suppose the higher number of recreational players may make it possible to do even better at these levels, maybe 10bb/hour... although the higher rake may limit how big a return you could make?

40 tables of 2p/4p winning 20p per hour and you've (give-or-take) started to earn minimum wage through poker....

• edited March 2015
    In Response to what would you consider a good return on 2p/4p tables?:
    Posted by SamZed19
    You can consistently beat these levels for 10BB an hour just by playing tight (don't get tempted by those A9 and KT hands), playing solid hands in position, and peddling the nuts occasionally. 40p/hour doesn't sound a lot but playing 5 tables for a few hours a day will pay for your summer holiday.

• edited March 2015
    Depends on our ability & volume. 

Even over 100bb is hard to answer on a site like sky. 

But with a decent volume (20 hours a week or more) i'd target like £200 p/m at these levels. A really good player on the same volume running decent could probabl do far more than that. Sure i heard somewhere tintin did £750 in a month at NL4 once. Not heard of that being beaten though. 

• edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: what would you consider a good return on 2p/4p tables?:
    Depends on our ability & volume.  Even over 100bb is hard to answer on a site like sky.  But with a decent volume (20 hours a week or more) i'd target like £200 p/m at these levels. A really good player on the same volume running decent could probabl do far more than that. Sure i heard somewhere tintin did £750 in a month at NL4 once. Not heard of that being beaten though. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Yeah didn't Tintin make priority that month from micros? may well have included NL8/NL10 but even so...

You would have to be playing a LOT of tables to rack up over 50 bi profit from only 20 hours per week!