You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sharkscope...accurate or complete tosh

edited March 2015 in Poker Chat

i was checking out shark scope for the first time today and thought i would do the natural thing and check out my own stats.
confused.com !!
i dont recognise any of my game play there at all apart from it being correct about a couple of hyper and tubo heads up games the rest is complete tosh.....im pretty certain i would remember winning over £100 and coming first in a £400 guaranteed tourny.......it is definatly my stats i was looking at but the information is so incorrect its unreal, i would love to say i have won as much as it says i have but its just not true, and i definatly have not lost as much as is recorded there, i play pennies poker and sometimes a few £5/£10 heads up
so where are they getting their info lol

Comments

• edited March 2015

i have no record of you winning, if that helps. 

from the 5 games played with a gtd over £500 you've taken 6 heads and cashed once. 

• edited March 2015
    thanks for reply, im still very confused though.
    looking at the charts on sharkscope it lists lots of wins and losses of games i havent played, or am i reading it all completely wrong, im not a member of sharkscope so im guessing im not seeing all the info ??

In Response to Re: Sharkscope...accurate or complete tosh:
    i have no record of you winning, if that helps.  from the 5 games played with a gtd over £500 you've taken 6 heads and cashed once. 
    Posted by aussie09
  • edited March 2015
    thanks for reply, im still very confused though. looking at the charts on sharkscope it lists lots of wins and losses of games i havent played, or am i reading it all completely wrong, im not a member of sharkscope so im guessing im not seeing all the info ?? In Response to Re: Sharkscope...accurate or complete tosh :
    Posted by joynt
    i dont know why...

let's hope you get some more wins without having to buy-in.

gl

• edited March 2015
    In Response to Sharkscope...accurate or complete tosh:
    i was checking out shark scope for the first time today and thought i would do the natural thing and check out my own stats. confused.com !! i dont recognise any of my game play there at all apart from it being correct about a couple of hyper and tubo heads up games the rest is complete tosh.....im pretty certain i would remember winning over £100 and coming first in a £400 guaranteed tourny.......it is definatly my stats i was looking at but the information is so incorrect its unreal, i would love to say i have won as much as it says i have but its just not true, and i definatly have not lost as much as is recorded there, i play pennies poker and sometimes a few £5/£10 heads up so where are they getting their info lol
    Posted by joynt
    Hi joynt,

Generally, their stats are certainly not "complete tosh", but they are rarely 100% accurate either, due to the way they collect, grade & filter information.

They simply datamine the results, so it's very rare indeed, in my experience, for them to wrongly attribute a win to a player. They frequently miss wins, for a variety of reasons, but they generally attrbute wins to the correct player.

The £22 Tourney they state you won fits very neatly with your "time profile" of when you play. Sharkscope tells us that you most usually play very late at night, & in the early hours of the morning.  That £22 MTT started at 23.15.

I'd bet good money that the MTT win was definitely on your Account. Congrats.  
  • edited March 2015
    I had a quick look at this the other day. It was 35% out on my figures.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Sharkscope...accurate or complete tosh:
    i would love to say i have won as much as it says i have but its just not true, and i definatly have not lost as much as is recorded there
    Posted by joynt

Confused.com :D

It says you have won more than you think you have AND lost more than you think you have? :/

In reality it's neither, you're almost dead level over 900 games which is a good effort and much better than most. 

Congrats. 

----

Standard, "note* these results don't include cash tables" comment. 

• edited March 2015
    Must of been one hell of a good night if you managed to win a £22 Bounty Hunter and couldn't even remember it in the morning :)
  • edited March 2015
    does anyone else know your log in details?
  • edited March 2015
    does anyone else know your log in details?
    Posted by jordz16

Hammer.....nail......head.

To opening poster, careful how you answer that question.
  • edited March 2015

Hence my very carefully worded final line in my previous post.
  • edited March 2015
    I don't use Sharkscope myself and rarely even look at it. It is not complete tosh, but it does miss some things and misinterpret some things so not entiely accurate. An amusing one for me was when I played in The Punta Cana  promotion final. Sharkscope had me down for a £770 loss on that. Considering a satalited in for approx £2-60 and won a £3500 package I tended to view it as a win.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope...accurate or complete tosh : Hammer.....nail......head. To opening poster, careful how you answer that question.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    After all.... Inadvertently giving out your log in details, can lead to unexpected wins, esp' on a Sunday Night. 
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope...accurate or complete tosh : After all.... Inadvertently giving out your log in details, can lead to unexpected wins, esp' on a Sunday Night. 
    Posted by joesman1

Sounds like you are talking from experience there.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope...accurate or complete tosh : Sounds like you are talking from experience there.
    Posted by MAXALLY

ding, ding

you two, back to your corners.

round two... ding.

• edited March 2015
    thanks for your reply also, yes i do mostly play evenings  and early hours so that is correct but im a pennie poker girl and would never pay £22 for a tourny and definatly had no win in my account
    still confused lol
    In Response to Sharkscope...accurate or complete tosh : Hi joynt, Generally, their stats are certainly not "complete tosh", but they are rarely 100% accurate either, due to the way they collect, grade & filter information.   They simply datamine the results, so it's very rare indeed, in my experience, for them to wrongly attribute a win to a player. They frequently miss wins, for a variety of reasons, but they generally attrbute wins to the correct player. The £22 Tourney they state you won fits very neatly with your "time profile" of when you play. Sharkscope tells us that you most usually play very late at night, & in the early hours of the morning.  That £22 MTT started at 23.15.   I'd bet good money that the MTT win was definitely on your Account. Congrats.  
    Posted by Tikay10
  • edited March 2015

£5/£10 Heads Up - is that pennies poker?

Anyway, the thing I don't get on sharkscope - and put me right on this - if you withdraw money from an account they record this as a loss?

• edited March 2015
    £5/£10 Heads Up - is that pennies poker? Anyway, the thing I don't get on sharkscope - and put me right on this - if you withdraw money from an account they record this as a loss?
    Posted by uncle0nion

It has nothing to do with whats in your account it is purely based on MTT and SnG results.
  • edited March 2015
    I just checked mine and I have a 31% roi , I'm happy with that :) although I have absolutely no idea how to read the graph thingys.
  • edited March 2015
    I just checked mine and I have a 31% roi , I'm happy with that :) although I have absolutely no idea how to read the graph thingys.
    Posted by tomgoodun

Really?
    The bottom line is how many games you have played the vertical line is your profit in £.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope...accurate or complete tosh : Really? The bottom line is how many games you have played the vertical line is your profit in £.
    Posted by jonjo75
    :) not that one,the ones where you press graphs and it shows 6 tables with loads of numbers and blocks in it.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope...accurate or complete tosh : It has nothing to do with whats in your account it is purely based on MTT and SnG results.
    Posted by jonjo75
    but the profit figure it puts on my account does not take into consideration withdrawals as far as I can see (in fact it reflects that on the my graph as a massive drop), so not sure how that impacts on everything else. although I guess the profit figure also won't also include cash for poker points etc ?
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope...accurate or complete tosh : but the profit figure it puts on my account does not take into consideration withdrawals as far as I can see (in fact it reflects that on the my graph as a massive drop), so not sure how that impacts on everything else. although I guess the profit figure also won't also include cash for poker points etc ?
    Posted by uncle0nion

It is purely based on results nothing to do with what you withdraw or cash for points.