You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

computer monitors for multi tabling

edited March 2015 in Poker Chat
i want to start multi tablinhttp://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/monitors-and-projectors/pc-monitors/philips-brilliance-bdm4065uc-ultra-hd-40-ips-led-monitor-with-mhl-10109333-pdt.htmlg . i can multi table and have done on my lappy but i dont like over lap and i dont like mini view all i want is to see each table as its happening so i dont miss any action.  is this any gd i was thinking bigger monitor 

Comments

• edited March 2015
    Using that monitor I think you can get about 4 tables across the screen and 3 tables down the screen so 12 tables in view.

Those are full sized tables in the default table size that opens when you open a table from the Download Client.

If you resize the table smaller keeping the default look (i.e. not the dark blue background or mini view) then you should be able to get 5 tables across and 4 tables down so 20 tables in view.

Out of interest on that monitor in the smallest mini view you could use 40 tables with no overlap.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: computer monitors for multi tabling:
    Using that monitor I think you can get about 4 tables across the screen and 3 tables down the screen so 12 tables in view. Those are full sized tables in the default table size that opens when you open a table from the Download Client. If you resize the table smaller keeping the default look (i.e. not the dark blue background or mini view) then you should be able to get 5 tables across and 4 tables down so 20 tables in view. Out of interest on that monitor in the smallest mini view you could use 40 tables with no overlap.
    Posted by Machka
    would u buy this monitor do u recommend it for me  . im serious about doing this just need monitor good qaulity no mini view ty
  • edited March 2015
    I'm not sure I would buy that monitor, 40" seems huge for a single monitor perhaps some of the multi-monitor multi tablers would be better to comment on the useability of that for multi-tabling.

I just think how it would be sat in front of a 40" monitor and how much my head would have to be looking left-right up-down non-stop for hours.

Is 40" too large to just let your eyes scan around the screen without any head movement?

Would one of the 28" Ultra-HD monitors be a better choice such as SAMSUNG LU28D590PS Ultra HD 28" LED Monitor

What I can tell you is any 3840 x 2160 Ultra HD monitor will show the same number of tables I said in my first post.  It's just how big those tables appear.
  • edited March 2015
    I'm not sure I would buy that monitor, 40" seems huge for a single monitor perhaps some of the multi-monitor multi tablers would be better to comment on the useability of that for multi-tabling. I just think how it would be sat in front of a 40" monitor and how much my head would have to be looking left-right up-down non-stop for hours. Is 40" too large to just let your eyes scan around the screen without any head movement? Would one of the 28" Ultra-HD monitors be a better choice such as SAMSUNG LU28D590PS Ultra HD 28" LED Monitor What I can tell you is any 3840 x 2160 Ultra HD monitor will show the same number of tables I said in my first post.  It's just how big those tables appear.
    Posted by Machka
    that alternative monitor how many tables full size or slightly reduced with no much over lap no min view sio i can see every table at once . i dont want to miss any action that could be vital for me in a later hand . thanks again

• edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: computer monitors for multi tabling : that alternative monitor how many tables full size or slightly reduced with no much over lap no min view sio i can see every table at once . i dont want to miss any action that could be vital for me in a later hand . thanks again
    Posted by reeler

Exactly the same number as the 40" monitor you first suggested.  Whether it is 40" or 28" it will show the same number of tables exactly.  This is because both monitors show 3840 x 2160 pixels (dots) on the screen.

Think of a 32" HD TV and a 50" HD TV if you are watching a TV show on either they both show exactly the same picture, the only difference is how big something is on the screen.
  • edited March 2015
    One thing make sure your gpu can run this type of monitor before investing.
    Only the last few gen's will run 4k resolution.