You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cash Game Table Changes - Action Tables

edited March 2015 in Poker Chat
Hi Everybody,

Starting today we will be changing the selection of Cash Tables we offer and shall be removing "Action Tables" from the lobby.

A selection of "Action Tables" have already been removed and the remainder of the tables shall be removed over time.

Many thanks.

Sky Peter.

Comments

• edited March 2015

Surprised they are being removed.

They were decent tables to have.

• edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Cash Game Table Changes - Action Tables:
    Surprised they are being removed. They were decent tables to have.
    Posted by LARSON7
    +1

get rid of the capped tables if anything
  • edited March 2015
    or the pot limit tables theyre naff
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Cash Game Table Changes - Action Tables:
    Hi Everybody, Starting today we will be changing the selection of Cash Tables we offer and shall be removing "Action Tables" from the lobby. A selection of "Action Tables" have already been removed and the remainder of the tables shall be removed over time. Many thanks. Sky Peter.
    Posted by SkyPeter
    Any reason for this?
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Cash Game Table Changes - Action Tables : Any reason for this?
    Posted by spinky6108
    Hi,

The reasoning behind it was that upon reviewing them in comparison to other tables we saw that they were unpopular.

We think removing these tables could boost the amount of players that are invovled in other limits.

• edited March 2015
    Thank you Peter 

• edited March 2015
    How could u be so wrong if u want to remove tables get rid of some of the hu tables that create bum hunting sometimes over 60 tables with just 1 player sitting.
  • edited March 2015
    I think this is a good decision. I think the lowest buy in areas are the best and in my hours on NL4/8 ive very rarely seen many NL5 action tables running (thats not to say they havent) 
  • edited March 2015
    yeah imo wouldnt get rid of action tables but not my business. I do agree with others that if was goin get rid of any it defo be capped tables but its only my thoughts.
  • edited March 2015
    As they said, removed for business reasons and makes sense as they have all the data. 
  • edited March 2015
    If you are removing tables as they are unpopular I take it you'll be getting rid of the 200nl+ HU cash tables?  Much more play on the action tables in the last year, the HU tables are generally just people sat by themselves.  I look forward to seeing them gone and now legitimately expect this.

Defo keep the Capped tables, recreational players love them.

And please pelase keep the 1/1 on Mastercash 40
  • edited March 2015
    WHAT???

Any chance you can just run them from 11pm Fri/Sat... I probably only need them until about 6am as I usually nod off then...

• edited March 2015
    WHAT??? Any chance you can just run them from 11pm Fri/Sat... I probably only need them until about 6am as I usually run out of roll then...
    Posted by TRIP5

FYP
  • edited March 2015
    First: 26/6/2011
    Last: 24/3/2015
    In Response to Re: Cash Game Table Changes - Action Tables:
    WHAT??? Any chance you can just run them from 11pm Fri/Sat... I probably only need them until about 6am as I usually run out of roll then...
    Posted by TRIP5

FYP

^^^QFT!!!!!!!!!

Sigh....
  • edited March 2015
    Please get rid of capped tables, they seriously damage liquidity if they get going

eg tonight at 10pm we have 2 capped and 4 normal tables going

Normally if no capped get going we would have about 10 to 12 normal tables at this time.

I had a conversation explaining why this happens with one of guys in charge (forgot his name) but nothing was done.

I assume Sky would prefer 10 to 12 normal tables going than 4 plus 2 capped.

Silver lining of capped tables is they are softer.
  • edited March 2015
    The less type of tables the better as games get going quicker (which is a big weakness for sky) and lobby looks cleaner.
  • edited March 2015
    Jesus, Mary and Joseph and Zeus. Really? 

Looks like a bad decision imo. 

• edited March 2015
    good decision imo - just need to get rid of the HU tables now - or have 1 or 2 max at each limit

also im with tommyd on keeping the super deep 1/1, or just have a 400bb deep .5/1
    im also with the others in getting rid of the capped tables
    also get rid of pot limit imo
  • edited March 2015

Don't know if it was by accident or design, but when doing last night's Show, we showed action from MasterCash Table 40, which is a £1 £1 Action Table with a max pull up of 200 Bigs.

Looking at the lobby this morning, it is still there, but all the other Action Tables have gone.
  • edited March 2015
    Don't know if it was by accident or design, but when doing last night's Show, we showed action from MasterCash Table 40, which is a £1 £1 Action Table with a max pull up of 200 Bigs.   Looking at the lobby this morning, it is still there, but all the other Action Tables have gone.
    Posted by Tikay10
    The reason why I am currently typing while on my knees while chanting 'Mmmm Ceeeee Fourrr Teeeee! Mmmm Ceeeee Fourrr Teeeee!' is whenever this table was set up, the person got a little confused between number of BB and cash amount for max pull up.  The max buy in for MC40 is £400 or 400bb.  It is the most fun table on the site and gets running regularly (I may be involved with that as I try to start it when I can).

To Quote the 1960's group 'Them'  "Baby please don't go, you know we love you so baby please don't go.'

Oh and P.S. to other posts above, HU Cash tables hurt liquidity more than capped tables.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Cash Game Table Changes - Action Tables : The reason why I am currently typing while on my knees while chanting 'Mmmm Ceeeee Fourrr Teeeee! Mmmm Ceeeee Fourrr Teeeee!' is whenever this table was set up, the person got a little confused between number of BB and cash amount for max pull up.  The max buy in for MC40 is £400 or 400bb.  It is the most fun table on the site and gets running regularly (I may be involved with that as I try to start it when I can). To Quote the 1960's group 'Them'  "Baby please don't go, you know we love you so baby please don't go.' Oh and P.S. to other posts above, HU Cash tables hurt liquidity more than capped tables.
    Posted by TommyD
    Ha, never knew that. I learn a little every day. Shame I forget more every day.
  • edited March 2015
    If you are removing tables as they are unpopular I take it you'll be getting rid of the 200nl+ HU cash tables?  Much more play on the action tables in the last year, the HU tables are generally just people sat by themselves.  I look forward to seeing them gone and now legitimately expect this. Defo keep the Capped tables, recreational players love them. And please pelase keep the 1/1 on Mastercash 40
    Posted by TommyD
    Big +1 to this.

Gives recs a chance to play the higher limits without risking too much. Great stepping stone.
  • edited March 2015
    Looks like MC40 has been removed now too.
  • edited March 2015
    First ch861, then the action tables... what will be the next thing I like that Sky are going to take away? ;)

Disappointed to see these go as they always seemed to be more gambler-rec-bias at 10p/20p/30p levels, but am sure the analytics have shown them to not earn enough money.

Be interesting to see if this is move to creating a super simple site (as few variants as possible) or is more about freeing up capacity to bring in other inovations (rush poker / anonymous tables - or something completely new)!
  • edited March 2015
    If you are removing tables as they are unpopular I take it you'll be getting rid of the 200nl+ HU cash tables?  Much more play on the action tables in the last year, the HU tables are generally just people sat by themselves.  I look forward to seeing them gone and now legitimately expect this. Defo keep the Capped tables, recreational players love them. And please pelase keep the 1/1 on Mastercash 40
    Posted by TommyD

If they removed heads up tables I 100% would have no reason to continue on the site. It really makes no difference if people have to wait for action. Whilst they wait the majority are also playing other games alongside the heads up
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Cash Game Table Changes - Action Tables : If they removed heads up tables I 100% would have no reason to continue on the site. It really makes no difference if people have to wait for action. Whilst they wait the majority are also playing other games alongside the heads up
    Posted by Itsover4u
    A number are but I feel majority is a bit strong.  To me it's a bit less than half and of that number half again only play games they deem as 'really good' and won't continue on the tables if it drops to five or four players.  And definitely not when it drops to heads up which of course seems odd when they are waiting patiently on a heads up table.  Nowt strange as folk, as my great uncle Samantha used to say.

I'd agree with having the option of heads up cash however, I wouldn't really want to see them eliminated.  Because choice to me at least is good.  I would however like to see a tight limit of spawning of tables per level (around 3 or 4 max) and a quick boot if one party is sat out and the other is sat in.  Can we agree on that?

Most of my point about eliminating heads up cash tables was:

They are less popular in terms of hands played and tables running than the now defunct action cash tables and;

They are worse for site liquidity than the capped tables.  While capped tables are big generators of rake they are also a lot more comfortable for recreationals to play, they are more fun and popular than heads up tables.  The calls in here for these to be thrown out are in my opinion completely wrong.  95 out of a 100, the heads up table only runs when a reg sees the other player as being significantly weaker, we hardly have any regs taking on each other.  I'm not saying this is wrong but I am saying if we are going to shepherd deep pocketed recreational players away from anything for the good of liquidity it should be away from HU games rather than the capped games where the money gets spread around, they have a much better chance of winning than at HU and you know, crazy notion, win or lose they might just leave with a smile on their face and want to come back again, win or lose.  Because they were entertained.  They get chatted to, there is banter, there is fun.  The only thing a recreational player hears on a HU cash table is:

'More tables'
    'Top up'
    'You're so bad'
    'Play higher'
  • edited March 2015
    Please get rid of capped tables, they seriously damage liquidity if they get going eg tonight at 10pm we have 2 capped and 4 normal tables going Normally if no capped get going we would have about 10 to 12 normal tables at this time. I had a conversation explaining why this happens with one of guys in charge (forgot his name) but nothing was done. I assume Sky would prefer 10 to 12 normal tables going than 4 plus 2 capped. Silver lining of capped tables is they are softer.
    Posted by ajs4385
    Having fun on the capped tables ajs? 
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Cash Game Table Changes - Action Tables : Having fun on the capped tables ajs? 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Cant remember last time I had fun playing poker, only tax situation thats keeps me playing.

I play them from time to time, they arnt good for site but if theres 5 regs on normal and 5 recs on capped its hard to justify playing normal tables.
  • edited March 2015
    In before sky poker moves to the iPoker skin.