You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

freerolls

edited March 2015 in Poker Chat
why do people treat freerolls with utter contempt, ive been playing the vegas freerolls, and now the ukops, are these players who go all-in with 4 2 , jack 6 , just people with too much of a bankroll, it just seems odd that they play freerolls,maccy had an opinion of his own ITS A FREEROLL so what, what kind of attitude is that ? i will criticise that attitude for as long as i try to learn how to play poker, i cant afford buy-in to either of vegas packages or ukops entries, anybody has same opinion say so , it is wrong and doesnt make poker look good , keep it real please

Comments

• edited March 2015
    It's tough i know
    but quality can run deep if you avoid the suck outs
    currently 6/15 in the ME freeroll but no doubt will bubble
    not looking good 10/11 having run KJs into AK

• edited March 2015
    out in 10th
    but no complaints

• edited March 2015
    In Response to freerolls:
    why do people treat freerolls with utter contempt, ive been playing the vegas freerolls, and now the ukops, are these players who go all-in with 4 2 , jack 6 , just people with too much of a bankroll, it just seems odd that they play freerolls,maccy had an opinion of his own ITS A FREEROLL so what, what kind of attitude is that ? i will criticise that attitude for as long as i try to learn how to play poker, i cant afford buy-in to either of vegas packages or ukops entries, anybody has same opinion say so , it is wrong and doesnt make poker look good , keep it real please
    Posted by rhino11
    How can a bankroll have anything to do with Freerolls? Best policy is try and stay out of trouble early on those type of players will not get far using that strategy.

The reason they play Freerolls? Same as the rest of us everyone likes free cashes.
  • edited March 2015
    It's a freeroll.  Poeples ranges change significantly in them.  The people who shove ATC there are what you want.  They are value and you will profit from them immensly in the end. (thin brag alert)  I had one of them on my table with LOADS of chips in one of the vegas freerolls today.  I knew that if I took my time I would get all of their chips.  I did and it gave me enough to see me through comfortabley to the cash.

• edited March 2015
    You see some freerolls with 800 runners, 5 places paid and 5 minute blinds. I don't care how good you are at poker, you have to be extremely lucky to cash in these events. Many people are not willing to waste a few hours of their lives on a longshot so will either double or treble up in the first five minutes or be knocked out. I don't think this is a bad strategy to be fair.

• edited March 2015
    The best way too look at a freeroll is the fact its free! and no matter what kind of hands people play is none of your buisness or concern maybe concentrate on how u play more than others if u lose too a donk hand except it make notes and move on!

Also a freeroll is where most new/rec players try and learn and earn some ££££s at the same time.... also pretty sure that u get just the same amount of so called bad play in the main and mini's at times its just poker after all!

Keep it real please LOL.... People will play all sorts in a freeroll as it costs nothing yes it may not be the correct way of playingpoker IN YOUR OPINION! but too them it might just be how they play and for all you know they might just see you as a bad player just as you see them!

If everyone played the game the way it should be played it would be a very boring game would it not? just ask geldy he just calls v me with any cards:@P