You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SNG DYM changes: No more plo8

edited March 2015 in Poker Chat
tell us it won't be so teeks
tell us
or better still
tell them

Comments

• edited March 2015

Not with you there Gelders, can you elaborate upon that please? 
  • edited March 2015
    Just extrapolation teeks
    something we mathematicians do when others would be doing something useful
    and to elucidate
    what next to clean up after the action tables and MC40
    i think they need to be encased in concrete for protection

• edited March 2015

Ahh, OK. I think.

I thought it might be connected with the fact I've not played this month, except one session. That'll teach me to think that what I do or don't do matters, lol.

• edited March 2015
    i played one today
    the only one regged for at lunch
    my prize was £1
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: SNG DYM changes: No more plo8:
    Just extrapolation teeks something we mathematicians do when others would be doing something useful and to elucidate what next to clean up after the action tables and MC40
    Posted by GELDY

Ahh, seen the edit now.

They are trying to improve the place Gelders. They won't get it right all the time, but surely better to try than to stagnate?

It will continue, too.

The site, & the headings have been changed, too. Lots more will be changed.

There'll be a few casualties along the way, a few men overboard, very few of us embrace change comfortably, but it has to be done, & this place has a lot of catching up to do. The period of change will alienate some, yes, but it's in the price, as betting folk are inclined to say.

• edited March 2015
    totally understand teeks
    which is why i wouldn't be surprised to find plo8 on the hit list :-(
  • edited March 2015
    i played one today the only one regged for at lunch my prize was £1
    Posted by GELDY
    I have missed playing my little PLO8 DYM's immensely, but I've just been very busy (UKPC, 861, writing Content, 861 etc) & to be honest, terribly stressed what with this & that. The 861 thing has been hanging over us for a very long time, not just the last week. I loathe bad blood, loathe it with a passion, especially when it brings me into awkward spots with so many of my friends here, but my job takes me into angry waters sometimes.

One chap who I used to play a lot of PLO8 with, (not you!) we had great bants many nights, but now he's all curly lip & surly with me because of 861. I can't begin to tell you how that upsets me, but it is what it is.

Once I get settled down, I'll be back playing the PLO8, I just need to find some energy first, I'm whacked. It could be later this week actually. Once I start, I won't be able to stop, believe me, I just love the game. 

Incidentally, if you are around, the APAT WCOAP starts this weekend, at Aspers Stratford, & they have a £55 PLO on Saturday, & a £55 PLO 4/5/6 on Monday.

I deffo plan to be there Saturday, & if work settles down, I'll be there Monday for the 4/5/6, too. 

They have PLO8 the following Saturday, but I can't make that sadly. Boo.      

• edited March 2015
    totally understand teeks which is why i wouldn't be surprised to find plo8 on the hit list :-(
    Posted by GELDY
    Ha, ain't gonna happen Gelders.

Under performing stuff will be looked at, tweaked, improved, cut, whatever.

• edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: SNG DYM changes: No more plo8 .  Incidentally, if you are around, the APAT WCOAP starts this weekend, at Aspers Stratford, & they have a £55 PLO on Saturday, & a £55 PLO 4/5/6 on Monday.   I deffo plan to be there Saturday, & if work settles down, I'll be there Monday for the 4/5/6, too.  They have PLO8 the following Saturday, but I can't make that sadly. Boo.         
    Posted by Tikay10

Very much boo as I'd go for PLO8 but busy the following weekend. 
    gl on Saturday

• edited March 2015
    PL08 SNGs have been cyclical in how popular they are

in summer late summer 2011 5.5/11 ran a fair amount and then off for 6 months. i remember it well cos I had to go and play something else.

intro of 3.3 level hasn't helped. anyone on a hot run at 2.2 now mostly stops at 3.3. quite a few old 5.5 regs now play 3.3.

play the thurs 4 PL08 tournies, with the weekly/monthly prizes there is quite a lot of added value.
  • edited March 2015
    teeks
    I guess he'll be even more curly lipped when they bin the plo8
    but we know that it's not your fault, any of this. In fact it's probably due to you that we have had as much as we've had.
    Best of luck in keeping the community happy while the new style of commercial focus irritates many of us. 
  • edited March 2015
    hows that song from Frozen go
    Gelds,things are happening,out of our control,nowt we can do about it,lets see how it goes then we either embrace the site or go elsewhere
    not worth getting upset about m8

• edited March 2015
    hows that song from Frozen go Gelds,things are happening,out of our control,nowt we can do about it,lets see how it goes then we either embrace the site or go elsewhere not worth getting upset about m8
    Posted by stokefc
    Mr Grumpy has moved on from being upset
    still sad but 

• edited March 2015
    hows that song from Frozen go Gelds,things are happening,out of our control,nowt we can do about it,lets see how it goes then we either embrace the site or go elsewhere not worth getting upset about m8
    Posted by stokefc
    Mr Grumpy has moved on from being upset
    still sad but acknowledging the new reality

• edited March 2015
    teeks I guess he'll be even more curly lipped when they bin the plo8 but we know that it's not your fault, any of this. In fact it's probably due to you that we have had as much as we've had. Best of luck in keeping the community happy while the new style of commercial focus irritates many of us
    Posted by GELDY
    Delicious irony Geldy ;)
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: SNG DYM changes: No more plo8 : Ha, ain't gonna happen Gelders. Under performing stuff will be looked at, tweaked, improved, cut, whatever.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Presumably people are aware of what the underperforming stuff is on the community, I've only started to drop in again to get a sense of what is on the horizon.

Is anyone able to give an insight into the games that aren't getting the numbers/interest at the moment so we can at least see what may be the next things under the spotlight?

Appreciate Tikay probably worn out with these constant updates on the direction of travel, but be good to know the areas that are being looked at - does anyone else knows the answer?
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: SNG DYM changes: No more plo8 : Presumably people are aware of what the underperforming stuff is on the community, I've only started to drop in again to get a sense of what is on the horizon. Is anyone able to give an insight into the games that aren't getting the numbers/interest at the moment so we can at least see what may be the next things under the spotlight? Appreciate Tikay probably worn out with these constant updates on the direction of travel, but be good to know the areas that are being looked at - does anyone else knows the answer?
    Posted by uncle0nion
    Hi Uncle,

No, I doubt anyone - including the Suits - could answer that, the equation is dynamic.

What they will do is constantly seek to improve the site, make it better. Any Business should do the same

They just happen to be looking more closely at every aspect of the site to improve it. A better site is good for everyone, it means more players, & a more successful site.

Tournament Guarantees & subsidies are reviewed every week. At this time of year, we can expect Guarantees to be reduced, in the Autumn they generally go the other way. It was always so in a Northern Hemisphere (as opposed to global) site, where seasonality strongly affects traffic.

Quite a few changes have been made very recently, some the players are aware of, some they will not have noticed. Some won't even be revealed.

Almost without exception, when changes are made, it divides opinion. Removing Action Tables is good or bad, depending who you listen to. There was much negativity about them when they were first introduced, now there is negativity when they are removed. By nature, "content" or happy people don't say "it's great", but the unhappy ones tend to complain, so you get a confused & misleading picture. The only true test of whether changes are good or bad are traffic & margin figures, & they are not revealed.

Ther Site navigation has been tidied up, & more of that will follow. That work was all done by Sky Kirsty, who must feel a little bruised right now, as there was very little by way of positive comments about the changes, & she put a lot of hard work into it. In a few months time, though, when players get used to it, most will prefer it, imo.

Finally, no, I don't mind the constant questions at all, not one bit. I want to help players & the Business understand each other better. The only ones I never reply to, are the sarcy or rude ones, & I won't ever reply to them. If I get sarcy or rude in a reply, I'd get murdered by the players & the Business would get rid of me pdq, & quite rightly. But a minority of players think they can be rude or sarcastic to us & they expect a civil reply. How is that fair & reasonable?

So no, I don't mind the questions at all.

I do get why some decisions upset players, & why they get uppity, of course I do. What I've tried to do is explain many of them, because the reasons & consequences are often not what they seem.

Good question, thank you.  

• edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: SNG DYM changes: No more plo8 : Hi Uncle, No, I doubt anyone - including the Suits - could answer that, the equation is dynamic.   What they will do is constantly seek to improve the site, make it better. Any Business should do the same They just happen to be looking more closely at every aspect of the site to improve it. A better site is good for everyone, it means more players, & a more successful site. Tournament Guarantees & subsidies are reviewed every week. At this time of year, we can expect Guarantees to be reduced, in the Autumn they generally go the other way. It was always so in a Northern Hemisphere (as opposed to global) site, where seasonality strongly affects traffic.   Quite a few changes have been made very recently, some the players are aware of, some they will not have noticed. Some won't even be revealed. Almost without exception, when changes are made, it divides opinion. Removing Action Tables is good or bad, depending who you listen to. There was much negativity about them when they were first introduced, now there is negativity when they are removed. By nature, "content" or happy people don't say "it's great", but the unhappy ones tend to complain, so you get a confused & misleading picture. The only true test of whether changes are good or bad are traffic & margin figures, & they are not revealed. Ther Site navigation has been tidied up, & more of that will follow. That work was all done by Sky Kirsty, who must feel a little bruised right now, as there was very little by way of positive comments about the changes, & she put a lot of hard work into it. In a few months time, though, when players get used to it, most will prefer it, imo.   Finally, no, I don't mind the constant questions at all, not one bit. I want to help players & the Business understand each other better. The only ones I never reply to, are the sarcy or rude ones, & I won't ever reply to them. If I get sarcy or rude in a reply, I'd get murdered by the players & the Business would get rid of me pdq, & quite rightly. But a minority of players think they can be rude or sarcastic to us & they expect a civil reply. How is that fair & reasonable? So no, I don't mind the questions at all. I do get why some decisions upset players, & why they get uppity, of course I do. What I've tried to do is explain many of them, because the reasons & consequences are often not what they seem. Good question, thank you.     
    Posted by Tikay10

Typical of lots of businesses involving 'members' I see it only too often across the golfing fraternity.....as someone famous once said 'you can't please all the people all of the time' not sure who it was, I would ask Macacgirl if she were around, thats just the kind of interesting fact she would have at her fingertips. :-)