You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hand Analysis Please

edited March 2015 in The Poker Clinic
Hi All,

I recently played a home game with a group of guys I have been playing with for years. One particulary hane stood out and I am keen for the opinions of you all how I played it. I should explain that it is a three way hand and other than myself the other two were father and son where the son has a history of reading his father and calling with weak hands because he thinks he can read his fathers bluffs. The game is £40 min and max buy in cash game with 25/50p blinds cash game. The starting stacks are me £50 Father £26 Son £40. Plus we are all drinking!

I amon the button and have A (S) A (C) Father is to my left and raises 3 x BB. Son Calls and I 3 bet to 9 x BB. Father calls and Son calls. Flop is K J 2 all spades. Father goes all in and Son calls. I call. Turn is a dud. Son Checks, I Check. River is a King. Son goes All In, I fold.

Answers on postcard please. I will reveal the hands when there is a few analysis on the forum.

Thanks

Comments

• edited March 2015
    Shove allin on flop. :)
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Hand Analysis Please:
    Hi All, I recently played a home game with a group of guys I have been playing with for years. One particulary hane stood out and I am keen for the opinions of you all how I played it. I should explain that it is a three way hand and other than myself the other two were father and son where the son has a history of reading his father and calling with weak hands because he thinks he can read his fathers bluffs. The game is £40 min and max buy in cash game with 25/50p blinds cash game. The starting stacks are me £50 Father £26 Son £40. Plus we are all drinking! I amon the button and have A (S) A (C) Father is to my left and raises 3 x BB. Son Calls and I 3 bet to 9 x BB. Father calls and Son calls. Flop is K J 2 all spades. Father goes all in and Son calls. I call. Turn is a dud. Son Checks, I Check. River is a King. Son goes All In, I fold. Answers on postcard please. I will reveal the hands when there is a few analysis on the forum. Thanks
    Posted by Buttonoli
     Thanks for the comment. There is no doubt that has I been on line in DYM which is where I play my poker, I would have done that, but knowing the guys as I do I knew they would call and I was expecting to check/shove the flop.

• edited March 2015
    The son has left himself with £14 once he called the fathers shove so you may aswell just shove and put him in on the flop.
    Takes away any river decision.
    You have to call £14 to win £92 on the river so you dont have to be ahead very often which you are prob not but once you flat the flop I think you have to sigh call.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Hand Analysis Please:
    In Response to Hand Analysis Please :  Thanks for the comment. There is no doubt that has I been on line in DYM which is where I play my poker, I would have done that, but knowing the guys as I do I knew they would call and I was expecting to check/shove the flop.
    Posted by Buttonoli
    This makes no sense.
  • edited March 2015
    The son has left himself with £14 once he called the fathers shove so you may aswell just shove and put him in on the flop. Takes away any river decision. You have to call £14 to win £92 on the river so you dont have to be ahead very often which you are prob not but once you flat the flop I think you have to sigh call.
    Posted by jonjo75
    ^put much better than I did. As far as the hands at showdown I guess it was flush and full house and merry ments all round,with the omg live pokers rigged from Jimmy next door ;) 
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Hand Analysis Please : ^put much better than I did. As far as the hands at showdown I guess it was flush and full house and merry ments all round,with the omg live pokers rigged from Jimmy next door ;) 
    Posted by tomgoodun
     Hi Tom,

Yes you are correct Father had KJ and therefore rivered Full House and Son had Q2 Spades and flopped flush.

Consensus seems to be I should have shoved on the flop. Looking back I probably agree, but luckily my incompetence saved me some money. I think I was thrown by the son calling. When the Father shoved I instantly decided to call. I was not prepared for the Son to call.

Still thanks for your thoughts. When I said Check/Shove the flop I meant just shove. I hope that makes sense unlike previously.

Cheers Guys
  • edited March 2015
    get it in on the flop
  • edited March 2015
    should reshove flop, you cant fold the river bet QJ let alone AA.

I would expect the father to have a king of some sort and the son to have JX a lot.