You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

too tight fold?

edited April 2015 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
superram17Small blind £0.02£0.02£2.81
SamZed19Big blind £0.04£0.06£4.19
 Your hole cards

25blackboyCall £0.04£0.10£1.31
justboxy24Fold    
superram17Call £0.02£0.12£2.79
SamZed19Check    
Flop

superram17Check    
SamZed19Bet £0.12£0.24£4.07
25blackboyCall £0.12£0.36£1.19
superram17Raise £0.60£0.96£2.19
SamZed19Call £0.48£1.44£3.59
25blackboyFold    
Turn

superram17All-in £2.19£3.63£0.00
SamZed19Fold    
superram17Muck    
superram17Win £1.33 £1.33
superram17Return £2.19£0.11£3.52
is this too nitty fold? as i look back it seems that it might be but then i think what am i actually beating? and he played the hand very aggressively flop onwards. any advice would be grand! :)

Comments

• edited April 2015
    In Response to too tight fold?:
    I think this is a call. In the micro-stakes it isn't uncommon for people to tool out with random rubbish, or he could just be going all in with a worse hand for value like a pair of 8's, maybe he limped a big pair preflop randomly and decided to go full pelt after the flop. There aren't too any hands to be afraid of, sure he has better like 67 every now and again but I think you win more than enough to call. If your going to call his initial flop raise, you should call his all in as the 9 changes nothing.
  • edited April 2015
    thank you for the response! yeah you are proably right i should have called the all in, just the play screamed to me "ill limp with small pair/ 67.. ohhhhhhh i hit a small set/straight!!" maybe it was just my mindest at the time! funnily enough i played slightly less nitty down the streets in big hands just today and was slightly too loose in my all ins!! haha i guess its hard to find the right balance
  • edited April 2015
    I'm a nit, but I think* I'd try to find a fold here.  In a limped pot I can't see that someone would spuzz out here with anything other than a made hand... unless you have more notes on this oppo.

44 / 55 / 88 / 89 / 67 / 85

I suppose can also include 54 and 85... maybe 63 which we all beat and may play the hand like this.

Bit of a cooler when you only saw the flop because it was free, but definitely think odds are in favour of being behind on the turn, if not already behind on the flop.

I like your lead though... always good to chuck in big bets when we see a free flop and pick up a big hand!

* reality is I probably call like a fish lol
  • edited April 2015
    If i had just sat down at the table and was readless then at this level id say its a call, but if its the first time this player has started getting aggro for a while then i think you should definitely be letting it go,