You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

shark scope cant be right can it

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
ive just checked out mine and others profile on sharkscope and to my supprise im well ahead in sit and gos compared to games played and returns but what i dont understand is how is that correct im having to top my br up weekly at the mo and i thought i was tilting but all looks ok for once or am i reading it correct any advice would be a bonus on this subject also where it says a number for ability well im the same as some that i believe were out of my league lol

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Not sure you're reading it right (?) I just checked for you and your overall (combined MTT and SNG) looks impressive but SNG only is showing a loss and negative ROI. From the graphs it looks like you've had a couple of very large MTT wins which seriously help your overall figures :)

• edited January 2010
    Your overall tourny stats r pretty good - it must be the cash games which is letting ur broll down? this sound about right?
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to shark scope cant be right can it:
    ive just checked out mine and others profile on sharkscope and to my supprise im well ahead in sit and gos compared to games played and returns but what i dont understand is how is that correct im having to top my br up weekly at the mo and i thought i was tilting but all looks ok for once or am i reading it correct any advice would be a bonus on this subject also where it says a number for ability well im the same as some that i believe were out of my league lol
    Posted by sim75
    You mentioned yesterday that you were having a bad run at Cash Tables. Sharkscope figures do NOT include Cash games.
  • edited January 2010
    lol im having a torrid run on every thing i touch lol but hey its poker and im trying to play through the darkness into the light lol is that light at the end of the tunnel nope its the 635 express train lol
    can somebody explain what this abillity is ive scored better than i thought and higher than a lot of sit and gos high rollers lol
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: shark scope cant be right can it:
    can somebody explain what this abillity is ive scored better than i thought and higher than a lot of sit and gos high rollers lol
    Posted by sim75
    I can paste in the info from their FAQ, unfortunately it doesn't provide a lot of detail.

The Ability rating is a rating that goes up to 100 and shows a player's ability based on an assessment of all the other statistics we have compiled for that player. It allows you to easily compare players who play significantly different stake levels and tournament types - for example a player who loses a small amount at high stakes games is likely a better player than a player that wins money at very low stakes games - and so may well have a higher Ability rating.

• edited January 2010
    Looking at your sharkscope it looks to me as if you have a few good MTT results but are generally losing at STTs. When looking at your own sharkscope there are some things that are more important than others. Your player rating can be ignored because this can be very high if you played 1 mtt and won it. ROI can also be effected similiarly. Obviously you are in profit in tournaments... but the most important thing is your graph... that really gives you a lot of info. If im being frank im not sure if you are a winning player yet, you seem to do well in mtts and these wins are subsididising your losses in stts... cash i obviously cant tell because its not tracked by sharkscope. I would say though to always look at your graph, you want it to be going up and not down but up due to the occasional tourny win unless you play solely mtts.
  • edited January 2010
    You have won the £22 deepstack a few times and maybe cashed out the winnings. Best way to record results is simply go to your account look at all poker results for as far back as you can and just copy and paste it into excel.

Up to you how funky you want to get with it, monthly results? specific tourneys? etc etc.. i simply break mine down into 3 groups Cash, MTT and STT
  • edited January 2010
    Open the withdraw page and you'll find a NET of your deposit/withdraw, this will tell u how much u are up or down ;)
  • edited January 2010
    Open the withdraw page and you'll find a NET of your deposit/withdraw, this will tell u how much u are up or down ;)
    Posted by Deadluck
    Yes thats a good way of showing what you have put on to what you have taken off. Although this includes anything, i.e skybet skyvegas etc etc... Also it may be inaccurate if you have changed your card you deposit with.

P.S If its in minus that means your in profit, and if its posiive your down.
  • edited January 2010
    just had a look at mine and my abbility is 66/100. and it says my form is HOT and total profit $107

is this any good????
  • edited January 2010
    just had a look at mine and my abbility is 66/100. and it says my form is HOT and total profit $107 is this any good????
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Most people will make a loss at poker because there is rake taken from your buyin which cannot be won back. Therefor if you are even or in profit thats good.

Like Greg Raymer said, if your playing poker as a game and you can breka even thats great, because you are playing for free, if you make a profit then bonus.
  • edited January 2010
    ok thanks.

i only play low stakes so its taken alot of games to get that profit but ive had fun and made money so i guess thats what its all about!!
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by Deadluck
    This!

We got there, at last. Foolproof, & inclusive.
  • edited January 2010
    My NET doesn't show at all nowadays (the Net field is there but there's no value at all). It stopped after I had a new debit card and Sky had to adjust stuff. Not tried a withdrawal since my last deposit in Mar 09.

• edited January 2010
    i must be skys number 1 player as i havent withdrawn a thing haha

saying that ive only deposited a very small amount! lol
  • edited January 2010
    [QUOTE]i must be skys number 1 player as i havent withdrawn a thing haha saying that ive only deposited a very small amount! lol
    Posted by donkeyplop

So you have  hobby, & it costs you nothing.

Perfect!
  • edited January 2010
    That's the way i see it too.

I enjoy playing, I like to constantly improve my way of thinking so (i believe) I have an edge over my opponents, and making money is a bonus.

I deal at a poker club now which means I make money without even playing, muahaha! It's alot harder than it looks too.