You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Talent

edited March 2015 in Poker Chat
Hi all,
I only really play on Sky but for those of you who play on other sites as well, how do you rate the players on Sky Poker compared to some of the international sites? Interested to hear opinions. Are we small fish in a big ocean, or is there promise in the UK poker scene!?
HippyChic

Comments

• edited March 2015
    If you look at some of the regs results on here in the live arena you will see that many can live with the best players around. As for their internet ability you can only beat the players in the same tournament or cash table and many make a handsome living  for their efforts.
    Take a look at some of the threads on poker chat to see the winnings of some Sky regs and some of these players work full time too pretty impressive if you ask me ;-)
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Sky Poker Talent:
    Hi all, I only really play on Sky but for those of you who play on other sites as well, how do you rate the players on Sky Poker compared to some of the international sites? Interested to hear opinions. Are we small fish in a big ocean, or is there promise in the UK poker scene!? HippyChic
    Posted by HippyChic

Surely poker is a self levelling field.

If Sky Poker were full of mediocre players giving their money away all the amazing players from other sites would come and play on Sky Poker to take their money.

Since they don't I can only assume Sky Poker players aren't mediocre.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Talent:
    In Response to Sky Poker Talent : Surely poker is a self levelling field. If Sky Poker were full of mediocre players giving their money away all the amazing players from other sites would come and play on Sky Poker to take their money. Since they don't I can only assume Sky Poker players aren't mediocre.
    Posted by Machka
    I don't completely agree with this logic as there are a number of factors as to why people play on poker sites.

For example to take it to an extreme, would the same be said about Lock Poker?

Back to the original question, at least from an MTT perspective most players multi site these days so a lot of the guys doing well on sky are also playing other sites and doing well on there too.