You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Good Luck Tikay

edited March 2015 in Poker Chat

If nothing else, Tikay will win best dressed player at the APAT PLO event in Aspers, Stratford this weekend.

Good luck Tony, get it won.  Would be great to get a Sky Poker rail going when he makes Day 2 ;)

Comments

• edited March 2015
    'Photo pending approval' ... so in the meantime wondering if he's gone for Coach Driver or Winnie The Pooh - chic.

• edited March 2015
    GOOD LUCK SIR TIKAY.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited March 2015
    LOL

Get your bets in before the photo gets approved.

We're looking for jacket colour and what (if any) accesorizing options he's gone for.
  • edited March 2015
    Burgundy Mankini.
  • edited March 2015
    Going for ... Burgundy jacket + grey scarf + Wallace 'n' Gromit teeth + Orford's Anna wig and make-up.
  • edited March 2015
    I wish him all the best in the tournament, but more importantly I hope he has a very enjoyable weekend.

With so many changes recently, Tikay doesn't just put his head above the parapet for the business, he tackles everything, personally, that seems to get thrown at Sky. I can only imagine what he has to deal with on a day to day basis. He has to tread such a fine line, whereas people think they can just say what they want to him without consequences. He takes flak for decisions that have nothing to do with him, he gets abuse from random idiots, has to deal with grumpy regs on here.

Tikay, you are a gent and an asset to Sky Poker. I wish you a successful tournament and a fantastic weekend.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Good Luck Tikay:
    I wish him all the best in the tournament, but more importantly I hope he has a very enjoyable weekend. With so many changes recently, Tikay doesn't just put his head above the parapet for the business, he tackles everything, personally, that seems to get thrown at Sky. I can only imagine what he has to deal with on a day to day basis. He has to tread such a fine line, whereas people think they can just say what they want to him without consequences. He takes flak for decisions that have nothing to do with him, he gets abuse from random idiots, has to deal with grumpy regs on here. Tikay, you are a gent and an asset to Sky Poker. I wish you a successful tournament and a fantastic weekend.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    +1

A great post Harry and I support your every word.
  • edited March 2015
    I wish him all the best in the tournament, but more importantly I hope he has a very enjoyable weekend. With so many changes recently, Tikay doesn't just put his head above the parapet for the business, he tackles everything, personally, that seems to get thrown at Sky. I can only imagine what he has to deal with on a day to day basis. He has to tread such a fine line, whereas people think they can just say what they want to him without consequences. He takes flak for decisions that have nothing to do with him, he gets abuse from random idiots, has to deal with grumpy regs on here. Tikay, you are a gent and an asset to Sky Poker. I wish you a successful tournament and a fantastic weekend.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    BIG +1 to all this Hhy.  Have a great time TK.  Yellow jacket & purple scarf?
  • edited March 2015
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    A big +1 to all of this, nice post Jon. Whatever Sky pay Tikay is nowhere near enough.

Have great weekend Tikay, enjoy the poker, enjoy the company and recharge the old batteries.
  • edited March 2015
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Nice post Jon. Totally agree with all of that.

• edited March 2015
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Excellent post Hhy, Sir Tikay is a  great asset to Sky POKER.
  • edited March 2015
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Great post ukqwfvgavf, TK is a Sky Poker legend.
  • edited March 2015
    Good luck Tony from all the Ploppers :-)
  • edited March 2015
    NICE POST HARRY....GL TONY
  • edited March 2015
    gl teeks
    show these kids how to play

thks for the rubz guys, but I'm sure grumpy old regs are the least of his worries
  • edited March 2015
    Any updates on how Sir Tikay  is doing.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited March 2015
    Super post pal. If only we had TOTP you would be a shoe in ; )

All the best Tony have a fantastic time.
  • edited March 2015

Jon there was a post not long ago saying you were really a decent guy as I always suspected. Your post on here only goes to prove whoever said this is right. GL Tikay and post of the week/month Jon if we still had 1 ;-)

• edited March 2015
    Any updates on how Sir Tikay  is doing. All the best. Rainman397
    Posted by rainman397
    seen this on the apat updates last night rainman  not sure if he is in any today.

#1 PLO 600/1200 34 players remain 58k avg - can't see Tikay!

Tony went out a little while ago...quietly and without fuss like the gent he is.

Jeeves must be making progress.

• edited March 2015
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    cracking post pal and agree with every word
  • edited March 2015
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    as many have already said, a great post, very nice Jon
  • edited March 2015
    Best of Luck Tikay - TID
  • edited March 2015
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Almost brough a tear to my eye, lovely stuff Harry and ofc Tikay "you da man"!
  • edited March 2015

Hi Guys,

Really appreciate the "good luck" messages.

We began at 2pm yesterday, it was a 2 day tourney, but I was home by 11pm on Day One I'm afraid.

Had an absolutely wonderful day with so many of my friends from APAT. Remarkably, it was the first APAT Event I'd ever actually played, though I've attended scores of them when I was APAT Chairman, so they gave a little speech for me at the start which was quite touching.

It was a £50 Double Chance PLO, & I spent 8 hours on the same table with a wonderful bunch of guys, we had a ball.

PLO is such a fun game. Won't bore you with reams of hand histories that make your eyes bleed, but 2 hands which show what a great game PLO is.

Holding A-K-6-6 DS hhcc in the BB, 6 limpers (!) & I check. We saw this flop......

Q-J-6 ss

I'm out of position with bottom set, & don't want to inflate this pot, our set may be dead already, & there could be players on spades, K-10, 9-10, all those sort of hands. 

I check, there's a bet from Mr Nit & everyone folds. Decide to peel, to see what he does on the turn. If he bets again, we will muck.

Turn card is.....

Well hello Quads. 

Now, he may well have filled up. I know it sounds silly, but I think checking is bad here - he either has filled up, or he folds. I bet to see what happens.

Her dwells theatrically for a while, & then pots it. Now we know he has the house, & we can get it in. Nice, if very fortunate, double up.

My exit hand was a typical PLO hand, & exactly demonstrates why it is such a beautiful game, & I - correctly - check-raised into 2 players with A high on the turn.

I had these outs.....

9 spades

3 queens

3 fours

3 nines

As it turned out, only 12 of the outs were clean, 3 were chops, & 3 were dead, so it was not quite as good as I thought, but still pretty good.

These are the draws we dream about.

A grand day's fun. 

Thank you for all the well wishes, very much appreciated.     
  • edited March 2015
    A trip report with hand histories!!!!!
    I take back my earlier comments
  • edited March 2015
    A trip report with hand histories!!!!! I take back my earlier comments
    Posted by Jac35
    I much prefer trip reports when someone has actually won something, say a £2.30 BH with 23 runners.

Glad you had a ball Tony, sounds like a great day and immense fun. What was the latte count up to by the time you bust?!
  • edited March 2015

What a grand post by my wingman, hhy, & all the +1's, thank you.

I discussed with the Top Suit how best to handle the 861 & Sky Poker TV news on the Community, & I volunteered to field the questions & feedback, as I thought it would be better that way, I talk the players language better than the Business do, whilst they run this Business better than you or I ever could.  

In doing so, I probably said too much, certainly more than the Business would have, they are a little more guarded than I usually am, & perhaps with good reason, some of these matters are private.

And it was this extra info that caused the problem, & was probably why one or two decided to get a little curly lippish, & suggest I was not telling the truth by paraphrasing my words & adding ironic smileys. Sometimes a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

For the record, everyone associated with 861 knew over 3 months ago that it was likely, or very probable that it would close. At that time, there was no alternative on the table. We in 861 were all likely to go down the road if no Plan B could be found.

Working together, & encouraged by the Business, the plan for Sky Poker TV was put together, & agreed around a month or 6 weeks ago. At that time, 861 was scheduled to close on March 31st, & Orford & I had been pencilled in to do the last Show. Then, due to a combo of circumstances, it had to be moved forward to 19th March, which wrong-footed all of us. I suspect it was the immediacy of the closure that upset so many, & I completely get that.

Amazing how what is, in Business terms, a straightforward decision became translated by a few into "the ship is sinking". Traffic is running at record levels for this time of year, & is hugely up on this time last year, a long way into double digit growth. No other UK & ROI facing site can match that. Most of those UK & ROI facing competitor sites offer the identical product, being i-Poker skins. Sky Poker have a deliberate point of difference in not being an I-poker skin, & it never will be, ever.

The site so many of you are so loyal too is going along very nicely indeed, & thats because the folks who run it are really incredibly bright & clever. And because the players here are far more loyal than on most sites.

Long may it stay that way. 

• edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Good Luck Tikay : I much prefer trip reports when someone has actually won something, say a £2.30 BH with 23 runners. Glad you had a ball Tony, sounds like a great day and immense fun. What was the latte count up to by the time you bust?!
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    The latte count was 7, they were just little paper cups from a machine.

I never was sort of madly enthusiastic about the venue, but charging £2.20 for a little latte in a paper cup was a bit strong I thought.

Early doors the Valet came round, so I offered to buy a drink for everyone at the table.

The order was....

1 x Tea (small cardboard cup jobbie from a vending machine)

2 x Lattes (ditto)

1 x lager (small bottle, half pint?)

1 x small bottle of water.

It came to £15.10.

I never offered again, I can tell you that......

The venue is in one of the UK's biggest Shoping malls, Westfields Stratford.

They had a dinner break, & I cba listening to flop stories & bad beat tales during breaks so I always try to escape, so I went for a wander round the shops, & found me a Foyles. (Another £20 down the swanee). Honestly, there must have been 20,000 people in that shopping centre, spending money like it is going out of fashion.

It sits in the place where the Olympics were held, "Olympic Park". I doubt there is a more soul-destroying, ugly, poorly designed area in the whole of Great Britain than Olympic Park.   
  • edited March 2015
    , & found me a Foyles. (Another £20 down the swanee).

Ohhhh! I love Foyles!   Mrs. don't allow me in bookshops alone with my credit card!  He also does a lovely WAR you know?

• edited March 2015

I thought I'd bump this thread as I wanted to endorse the views. Tikay definitely had a tricky situation to handle there and I thought he did it very well.

I know he takes it quite personally when people are mean to him online and I don't really think he deserves that.

I'm hoping people that felt the need to vent have done it now and Tikay can get back to reading about trains and concrete.