You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Live! Tuesday March 31st on Sky Sports 4 (10pm-midnight) with Rich and Tikay

2»

Comments

• edited March 2015
    Good evening squad

the 100 challenge........Tikay to get there first.......if he hasn't already....
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Live! Tuesday March 31st on Sky Sports 4 (10pm-midnight) with Rich and Tikay:
    Good evening squad the 100 challenge........Tikay to get there first.......if he hasn't already....
    Posted by Maggiesdad
    Sorry

I did not realise it was a money challenge. I thought that it was a race to a telegram from the queen...........
  • edited April 2015

I thought the show tonight was excellent and the challenge idea worked really well on the new format. Very well done to everyone on and off screen, I really enjoyed it.

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Live! Tuesday March 31st on Sky Sports 4 (10pm-midnight) with Rich and Tikay:
    I thought the show tonight was excellent and the challenge idea worked really well on the new format. Very well done to everyone on and off screen, I really enjoyed it.
    Posted by TommyD
    +1 to this. Great to see people enjoying playing the game on Skysports TV. Buy-in's were a good amount as well for BH MTT and the cash game. Money most people can relate to and can afford. Hopefully attract new customers as well.

Greg.
  • edited April 2015

good show richard, tikay, all

• edited April 2015
    Cheers guys, appreciate that. 

It was really fun to do and certainly felt very different from the shows we've done in the past. 

We were aiming for Sky Poker does Soccer Saturday. 

We'll make some tweaks as we go along and welcome your suggestions, but it wasn't bad for a first shot and the guests were great. 
  • edited April 2015

Thanks for the feedback, Guys, it's appreciated.

Me, playing a TURBO? They were having a laugh........

Was fun, though. Scary fun.
  • edited April 2015
    I thought last nights show was great. Four blokes sat together having fun and talking poker, does it get any better than that?We were also "treated" to a can can tutorial from the plo8 master. The yelps of joy from the Ambo when he won a pot probably mirrors what happens in thousands of homes every night when we lesser mortals win occaisionally.
    Great fun to watch
    Nick
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Live! Tuesday March 31st on Sky Sports 4 (10pm-midnight) with Rich and Tikay : OOPs!  Soz Gelders!   GREAT minds and all that!  
    Posted by Glenelg

couldn't have said it better myself

meanwhile are the Sky sports shows going on you tube? ie is there going to be any way to watch them without a sky subscription? 

• edited April 2015
    I also REALLY enjoyed the show last night.  Thought Rich managed to keep reasonable control under some VERY trying circumstances at times!  ;-))  Also, amazing number of diverse hands & analysis which I liked.  
    Well done guys & SKypoker!
  • edited April 2015

Great show, fast paced and some excellent hand analysis.

Didn't realise TK had started advanced yoga sessions.

Change isn't all bad.

Daggers
  • edited April 2015
     The show was great, brilliant chat, analysis and lots of laughs, my wife was half watching as well and Tikays couch gymnastics had her in stitches....

WP all
  • edited April 2015
    Only 40 minutes into my recording (Tikay's AK vs JJ hand) and can confirm it's brilliant. The concept WORKS. Very entertaining.. and there's still 80 mins left.

• edited April 2015

Thanks for the kind words guys. That was fun. The time went really quickly.

We talked in advance of making it a little like Soccer Saturday with the whole thing of people shouting over when something good happens giving it a bit of a frantic, urgent feel. I think there is a danger that it ends up with everyone shouting out and talking over each other and I was a bit aware that I did that a few times.

I think Jeff Stelling does a brilliant job but he has the stats to constantly spit out and that is a massive part of that show. I think it might be good when a few people have done the challenge to have a lot of stats like "this is the highest total anyone has got to after 15 minutes since week one" or "this is the biggest pot we've seen since week three when Tikay made a full house".

Does anyone else have any suggestions as to how we can give it the feel of that great show?

Did people feel that the show had more energy and vigour than normal or were there times when people talking across became irritating?

The technical aspects are tricky and the wifi signal is a worry. We didn't have a problem yesterday but I've known it to go week in the studio. The guys had a couple of filmed in advance bits to slot in. I thought they were good and helped. Would more tips and poker news and stuff be good? Do people have suggestions for short inserts that would be interesting?
  • edited April 2015

I watched it again yesterday. I really like it. I know Dan has drawn up a nice list of people to ask in as guests. Does anyone have any suggestions for people we could try?
  • edited April 2015
     I watched it again yesterday. I really like it. I know Dan has drawn up a nice list of people to ask in as guests. Does anyone have any suggestions for people we could try?
    Posted by NChanning
    is this now the opportunity to ask victoria?

• edited April 2015
    How about some poker playing ex-footballers?
    May be a nice fit on Sky Sports?
    Matt Le Tissier?
  • edited April 2015
     Thanks for the kind words guys. That was fun. The time went really quickly.  We talked in advance of making it a little like Soccer Saturday with the whole thing of people shouting over when something good happens giving it a bit of a frantic, urgent feel. I think there is a danger that it ends up with everyone shouting out and talking over each other and I was a bit aware that I did that a few times.  I think Jeff Stelling does a brilliant job but he has the stats to constantly spit out and that is a massive part of that show. I think it might be good when a few people have done the challenge to have a lot of stats like "this is the highest total anyone has got to after 15 minutes since week one" or "this is the biggest pot we've seen since week three when Tikay made a full house".  Does anyone else have any suggestions as to how we can give it the feel of that great show?  Did people feel that the show had more energy and vigour than normal or were there times when people talking across became irritating?  The technical aspects are tricky and the wifi signal is a worry. We didn't have a problem yesterday but I've known it to go week in the studio. The guys had a couple of filmed in advance bits to slot in. I thought they were good and helped. Would more tips and poker news and stuff be good? Do people have suggestions for short inserts that would be interesting?
    Posted by NChanning

I kind of liked the show.

I liked the idea and feel it has the basis of been very watchable going forward. I did find the talking over each other a bit irritating (you did ask). I think The key to Soccer Saturday is that Jeff Stelling is very much in control so it needs a strong host. Also, while the excited element is good, it has to be controlled so that it only happens when nothing much else is happening. Some of the hands being shown lost their impact because of background noise.

• edited April 2015
    Suggestions for good guests:

Jamie Sykes, Jonathan Gill, Matt Bates & of course me!
  • edited April 2015
    I wasn't irritated by any of it. I only noticed the 'talking over each other' thing once - when Richard was doing a piece to camera and it was harder to hear him in the mix, as there was some background excitement going on ;-)
    The information/news segments, although useful, for me personally they broke the flow. They felt like an ad-break. On this occassion I was watching a recording rather than the live broadcast, and I felt the need to FF through those segments. BUT, it was because I was enjoying the show so much, so not really a negative.
    Looking forward to seeing how this develops. I can sit and watch SS even though I'm not that interested in football (says a lot for the concept when done well!), but in this case I really like poker so it should be great.
    Guests? Wouldn't Carlo be great in this environment!