You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPSXIII countdown starts......

edited April 2015 in Poker Chat

If you have any questions about UKOPSXIII, please post them on this thread, & hopefully someone will try to reply.

With the clocks going forward yesterday, the Guarantees may come under pressure.
Fill yer boots. 

All the details are HERE  

Comments

• edited March 2015

UKOPS starts this Friday.

This one is a bit different, 3 "regular" days, being Easter Friday, Saturday & Sunday, but Easter Monday is Turbo-Wurbo day, aka "TUKOPS".

Buy-ins range from £2.20 to £110. 

Formats include....

Bounty Hunters

NLH Rebuys

PLO

NLH Freezeouts

Turbo Bounty Hunters

Turbo Rebuys

Guarantees total, if my maths are correct, £164,000. I'm not 100% certin, but I think Guarantees in the 2014 Easter UKOPS came to about £146,000.

• edited March 2015

Main Event winners will receive a UKOPS Bracelet.

The 4 Main Events are.....

Friday - £110 Bounty Hunter, £20,000 guaranteed

Saturday - £55 Rebuy, £15,000 guaranteed

Sunday - £110 NLH Freezeout, £30,000 Guaranteed

Monday - £55 Bounty Hunter, £15,000 Guaranteed

• edited April 2015
    Much excite about UKOPS!

What of the normal games will be on? I assume main/mini etc are replaced by UKOPS games but will any of the £22bh remain? All of the £11bh remain? Will be doing all day grinds for the 4 days so be good to work out some schedules in advance.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPSXIII countdown starts......:
    Much excite about UKOPS! What of the normal games will be on? I assume main/mini etc are replaced by UKOPS games but will any of the £22bh remain? All of the £11bh remain? Will be doing all day grinds for the 4 days so be good to work out some schedules in advance.
    Posted by MattBates
    I honestly don't know Tom, but I'll try & find out.

The UKOPS schedule includes on Days 1, 2 & 3....

Bounty Hunters (& one Freezeout) @ 9pm & 10pm

And on Day 4....

Bounty Hunters, Turbo Bounty Hunters & a Turbo Freezeout at 9pm, 9.30pm, 10pm & 10.30pm. (Not in that order). 

So I'm guessing most of the mid to late evening schedules will inevitably be disrupted during UKOPS. 

The UKOPS schedule total 36 different Events (8 + 8 + 8 + 12), & I reckon you will play most of them. I've got you down for 11 cashes, & 2 Final Tables. What you reckon, higher or lower?

I've got Tommy D down for 14 cashes, 3 Finals, & 1 win, as, clearly, he is a better player, with all due respect, right?

Adam Bromley? 7 cashes, 1 Final.

Natterley? 

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPSXIII countdown starts...... : I honestly don't know Tom, but I'll try & find out. The UKOPS schedule includes on Days 1, 2 & 3.... Bounty Hunters (& one Freezeout) @ 9pm & 10pm And on Day 4.... Bounty Hunters, Turbo Bounty Hunters & a Turbo Freezeout at 9pm, 9.30pm, 10pm & 10.30pm. (Not in that order).  So I'm guessing most of the mid to late evening schedules will inevitably be disrupted during UKOPS.  The UKOPS schedule total 36 different Events (8 + 8 + 8 + 12), & I reckon you will play most of them. I've got you down for 11 cashes, & 2 Final Tables. What you reckon, higher or lower? I've got Tommy D down for 14 cashes, 3 Finals, & 1 win, as, clearly, he is a better player, with all due respect, right? Adam Bromley? 7 cashes, 1 Final.   Natterley?    
    Posted by Tikay10
    I wont play the PLO one but probably will play all the others. I have myself down for 1 win and 3 FTs, 8 cashes. I think Mr D might win 2 events. I think Nat will get more FTs than Adam and get the best Brommers bragging rights.  
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPSXIII countdown starts...... : I wont play the PLO one but probably will play all the others. I have myself down for 1 win and 3 FTs, 8 cashes. I think Mr D might win 2 events. I think Nat will get more FTs than Adam and get the best Brommers bragging rights.  
    Posted by MattBates
    Don't be silly, let's keep it real.
  • edited April 2015
    Any PLO8 tournaments?
  • edited April 2015
    Any PLO8 tournaments?
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    No, there is a PLO affair on Saturday, but no PLO8 yet.

Fingers crossed PLO8 will be in a future UKOPs though.

King For a Day (part 936).

I'd introduce a few bigger PLO8 MTT's on Sky Poker, & build up interest that way. If it proves the liquidity is there, or can be built, then it'll get into UKOPS. I'd certainly play bigger PLO8 MTT's here given the chance, maybe £11 or £22 jobbies, & bigger PLO8 DYM's, 100% deffo, £15, £22, £33, & I am sure I can bang the drum to attract players not currently on Sky Poker to come across & play them. Deffo the MTT's, maybe the DYM's.

But I would say that, right, because it's self-interest? We all make a noise to get what we like.

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPSXIII countdown starts...... : No, there is a PLO affair on Friday, but no PLO8 yet. Fingers crossed PLO8 will be in a future UKOPs though. King For a Day (part 936). I'd introduce a few bigger PLO8 MTT's on Sky Poker, & build up interest that way. If it proves the liquidity is there, or can be built, then it'll get into UKOPS. I'd certainly play bigger PLO8 MTT's here given the chance, maybe £11 or £22 jobbies, & bigger PLO8 DYM's, 100% deffo, £15, £22, £33, & I am sure I can bang the drum to attract players not currently on Sky Poker to come across & play them. Deffo the MTT's, maybe the DYM's. But I would say that, right, because it's self-interest? We all make a noise to get what we like.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    FYP!
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPSXIII countdown starts...... : FYP!
    Posted by MattBates
    Crikey, thanks Tom, I thought it was Saturday, I would have missed it if you had not corrected me, thanks.
  • edited April 2015
    Booo
    Wanted to play the PLO event but just seen it starts at 6pm and i have pick the wife up from work at 6 :-(((
  • edited April 2015
    Really excited about this UKOPS! I have to miss the Saturday but otherwise it'll be full grind for days 1, 3 and 4.

A bit short notice now like, if it hasn't already been sorted then it won't happen now, but maybe it has been sorted and just not announced yet.... is there gonna be any kind of UKOPS leaderboard this time, even if it's just for fun/bragging rights and not proper prizes?

Also, gotta throw in a bit of shameless self promotion...

I'll be streaming all of my UKOPS action on Twitch so Friday, Sunday (my internet/sky permitting) and Monday so tune in if you wanna see some UKOPS action and me attempting to win one of those bracelets!

• edited April 2015
    Yeah I like the idea and of a UKOPS Player of the tournament leaderboard and will see ya later on the stream lambert.
  • edited April 2015
    Look forward to it despite missing Friday, and most of Saturday/Monday although should be back for the bigger events. Gl everyone
  • edited April 2015
    Really excited about this UKOPS! I have to miss the Saturday but otherwise it'll be full grind for days 1, 3 and 4. A bit short notice now like, if it hasn't already been sorted then it won't happen now, but maybe it has been sorted and just not announced yet.... is there gonna be any kind of UKOPS leaderboard this time, even if it's just for fun/bragging rights and not proper prizes? Also, gotta throw in a bit of shameless self promotion... I'll be streaming all of my UKOPS action on Twitch so Friday, Sunday (my internet/sky permitting) and Monday so tune in if you wanna see some UKOPS action and me attempting to win one of those bracelets! www.twitch.tv/lambert180
    Posted by Lambert180
    Hi Paul,

No, there is no UKOPS Leaderboard planned, or not that I am aware of.

Personally, I don't think a Leaderboard Winner needs any prize, he or she has just got the lot, but they would like the bragging & chirp rights, obviously.

I'd certainly be able to arrange a little "thank you" by way of a MTT Main Event entry one night next week to whoever could run one properly. It's quite complicated, last time there was a dozen pages of arguing over the best way to measure a Leaderboard.

So first dibs go to Aussie09, GaryQQQ or Slippy, who have all shown they can manage these things & do so with a bit of authority. (Apologies to others who have also done so, memory issues, not being picky).

If any of those 3 want to volunteer, let me know please. Or any others who have experience of these things, but it needs running well, otherwise it all ends up with rucks, barneys & grumbles. Think we've had enough of them for a while.

Time is short, so we really need to sort this tonight, or not at all.

I can't assist much this weekend, as I have company.     

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPSXIII countdown starts...... : Hi Paul, No, there is no UKOPS Leaderboard planned, or not that I am aware of. Personally, I don't think a Leaderboard Winner needs any prize, he or she has just got the lot, but they would like the bragging & chirp rights, obviously. I'd certainly be able to arrange a little "thank you" by way of a MTT Main Event entry one night next week to whoever could run one properly. It's quite complicated, last time there was a dozen pages of arguing over the best way to measure a Leaderboard.   So first dibs go to Aussie09, GaryQQQ or Slippy, who have all shown they can manage these things & do so with a bit of authority. (Apologies to others who have also done so, memory issues, not being picky).   If any of those 3 want to volunteer, let me know please. Or any others who have experience of these things, but it needs running well, otherwise it all ends up with rucks, barneys & grumbles. Think we've had enough of them for a while. Time is short, so we really need to sort this tonight, or not at all.   I can't assist much this weekend, as I have company.       
    Posted by Tikay10

hi tikay,

i hadn't said anything as i know it was slippy's thing.  a little wary of treading on his toes.

still, happy to do something if wanted.

rob

• edited April 2015
    this is going to be my Year, i dont know what event, or what buy in, but i garuntee you one thing!, i will ENTER a UKOPS event!
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPSXIII countdown starts...... : hi tikay, i hadn't said anything as i know it was slippy's thing.  a little wary of treading on his toes. still, happy to do something if wanted. rob
    Posted by aussie09
    Completely understand, & the last thing I wanted was any awkwardness.

I can't really assist with resolving that. Personally, it matters not to me, but it'd be neat if someone could do it, & only very few have shown, in the past, that they have the ability, time & wherewithal.

EDIT - I just had a look, Slippy has only made 2 Posts in the last 10 days, & only one in the last 4 days, so maybe he is in love or something? 

• edited April 2015
    this is going to be my Year, i dont know what event, or what buy in, but i garuntee you one thing!, i will ENTER a UKOPS event!
    Posted by RLT16
    Ooh, go on the Bus, tid.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPSXIII countdown starts...... : Hi Paul, No, there is no UKOPS Leaderboard planned, or not that I am aware of. Personally, I don't think a Leaderboard Winner needs any prize, he or she has just got the lot, but they would like the bragging & chirp rights, obviously. I'd certainly be able to arrange a little "thank you" by way of a MTT Main Event entry one night next week to whoever could run one properly. It's quite complicated, last time there was a dozen pages of arguing over the best way to measure a Leaderboard.   So first dibs go to Aussie09, GaryQQQ or Slippy, who have all shown they can manage these things & do so with a bit of authority. (Apologies to others who have also done so, memory issues, not being picky).   If any of those 3 want to volunteer, let me know please. Or any others who have experience of these things, but it needs running well, otherwise it all ends up with rucks, barneys & grumbles. Think we've had enough of them for a while. Time is short, so we really need to sort this tonight, or not at all.   I can't assist much this weekend, as I have company.       
    Posted by Tikay10

Give it to Aussie, he does great work with the tables every day which are very informative and interesting for any MTT player and hopefully he gets some sort of prize for doing it as i reckon his tables have directly contributed to players playing extra tournaments to try and make their way onto his leaderboards.
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by Tikay10

Give it to Aussie, he does great work with the tables every day which are very informative and interesting for any MTT player and hopefully he gets some sort of prize for doing it as i reckon his tables have directly contributed to players playing extra tournaments to try and make their way onto his leaderboards.
  • edited April 2015

I am happy for Aussie to do it, but I'm the same as him, I don't want to tread on any toes.

He certainly deserves some material thanks for his Daily stuff, & I have to say that as far as I am aware, he has never received anything.

I can't really make this decision, its up to you guys, the Community.

I would suggest you need to make a decision tonight though.

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPSXIII countdown starts...... : Give it to Aussie, he does great work with the tables every day which are very informative and interesting for any MTT player and hopefully he gets some sort of prize for doing it as i reckon his tables have directly contributed to players playing extra tournaments to try and make their way onto his leaderboards.
    Posted by jordz16

thanks jordz.  good of you to write. 

i will do something for ukops

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPSXIII countdown starts...... : I honestly don't know Tom, but I'll try & find out. The UKOPS schedule includes on Days 1, 2 & 3.... Bounty Hunters (& one Freezeout) @ 9pm & 10pm And on Day 4.... Bounty Hunters, Turbo Bounty Hunters & a Turbo Freezeout at 9pm, 9.30pm, 10pm & 10.30pm. (Not in that order).  So I'm guessing most of the mid to late evening schedules will inevitably be disrupted during UKOPS.  The UKOPS schedule total 36 different Events (8 + 8 + 8 + 12), & I reckon you will play most of them. I've got you down for 11 cashes, & 2 Final Tables. What you reckon, higher or lower? I've got Tommy D down for 14 cashes, 3 Finals, & 1 win, as, clearly, he is a better player, with all due respect, right? Adam Bromley? 7 cashes, 1 Final.   Natterley?    
    Posted by Tikay10
    I'd be outraged if this wasn't a little bit true!
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPSXIII countdown starts...... : I wont play the PLO one but probably will play all the others. I have myself down for 1 win and 3 FTs, 8 cashes. I think Mr D might win 2 events. I think Nat will get more FTs than Adam and get the best Brommers bragging rights.  
    Posted by MattBates
    I've always loved you Mathew