You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Back to back Main event winner.....

edited March 2015 in Poker Chat

Congrats to Chabba! That must rank well.

15K Roller Sunday Night 29th March...

chabba15800001st/158£4305.50
10K BH Monday Night 30th March..

chabba7260001£1374.86 + £423.55 Head Prizes13£117.

Comments

• edited March 2015

Chabba chabba chabba, woop woop woop.

That's an amazing thing to do, well done.

How many others have ever achieved that on Sky Poker?
  • edited March 2015
    Great work Chabba! 6k in 2 days? Lovely Jubbly. Enjoy
  • edited March 2015
    Very well done Chabba..... has anyone ever won 3 in a row? probably not and too much to hope for but good luck tonight if you are entering the main.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Back to back Main event winner.....:
    Very well done Chabba..... has anyone ever won 3 in a row? probably not and too much to hope for but good luck tonight if you are entering the main.
    Posted by a00rock
    Gary or Aussie may know.

Highly unlikely, I would surmise.

• edited March 2015
    Well done Chubba..... I would settle for winning one in a row!

I seem to recall that somebody won 3 in a row.  LJAMESL or Nutter5932?
  • edited March 2015
    I'm very sure nobody has won three MEs in a row in my 4 years of reporting results.

Go for it Chabba!
  • edited March 2015
    I'm very sure nobody has won three MEs in a row in my 4 years of reporting results. Go for it Chabba!
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Has 2 been done?

Great effort Chabba! VWP!!
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Back to back Main event winner..... : Has 2 been done? Great effort Chabba! VWP!!
    Posted by MattBates
    I got badly outdrawn on the cusp of winning back to back DYM's once.

I run so bad

sick

sick, so so sick

• edited March 2015
    I might be totally off, but the name 'Hucknall' seems to register with me as someone who achieved record main event success, if not back to back or 3 on the bounce, certainly multiple wins in a short space of time?

Then again I watched a documentary on Simply Red the other night, so I could be totally confused :)

By the way, very well done to Chabba
  • edited March 2015

Gutted that no one got my thin shabba ranks reference.

FTR...I once won back to back 8.15pm deepstacks. ;)
  • edited March 2015
    Gutted that no one got my thin shabba ranks reference. FTR...I once won back to back 8.15pm deepstacks. ;)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Yes that was very slack of everyone :)
  • edited March 2015
    Wow - vwp sir!

• edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Back to back Main event winner..... : Has 2 been done? Great effort Chabba! VWP!!
    Posted by MattBates
    Not in Main Events I believe. Closest to it that springs to mind was ctbn winning back-to-back Primos when the buy-in was £33 and fields were pretty big.

1fingers is in good form too, Mini wins on Friday and Monday.

Edit;

CTBN Roller wins;

10th July 2011 1st/520

17th July 2011 1st/548

Much harder than back-to-back Roller wins with fields in the 150/200 range imo.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Back to back Main event winner..... : Not in Main Events I believe. Closest to it that springs to mind was ctbn winning back-to-back Primos when the buy-in was £33 and fields were pretty big. 1fingers is in good form too, Mini wins on Friday and Monday.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

Players were not so pretty big too...
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Back to back Main event winner..... : Not in Main Events I believe. Closest to it that springs to mind was ctbn winning back-to-back Primos when the buy-in was £33 and fields were pretty big. 1fingers is in good form too, Mini wins on Friday and Monday.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    I may be wrong but have people won back to back Sunday Roller events in the past, did Hammmeerrrs do this recently?
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Back to back Main event winner..... : I may be wrong but have people won back to back Sunday Roller events in the past, did Hammmeerrrs do this recently?
    Posted by Lightwood
    If someone did it wasn't Hammmmmers.

His impressive feat was winning the £40K UKOPS Main Event on November 9th just two days after getting second place in a £15 UKOPS Deepstack.

He's won the Roller since, but that was in February.
  • edited March 2015
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Answering my own question now. I was trying to think if anyone had and remembered (probably because he reminds me lots about it!) that Marc Wright (railtard11) won back to back UKOPS main last November.
  • edited March 2015

an interesting fact about chabba is that in 2014 he was the one who converted the most final tables into wins.

Transition 2014
    38,383 players in 3,240 tournaments  
    352 players have final tabled a minimum of 10 times

FT to 1st      FT      1st    rate %
    1 chabba 28 14 50
    2 lewis274 13 6 46
    3 jadfish26 16 7 44
    4 bolly580 14 6 43
    5 cleggy485 14 6 43
    6 Kerrnal 12 5 42
    7 grzanka 13 5 38
    8 mental 13 5 38
    9 LnarinOO 21 8 38
    10 ROBINAYR 16 6 38

FT No 1st      FT      1st    rate %
    1 bromley04 27    
    2 wineli 27    
    3 anjie1970 23    
    4 raymon1969 22    
    5 Leeroy546 18    
    6 matisback 18    
    7 elvisg1972 17    
    8 yoyo 16    
    9 lilzane 15    
    10 ratbag 15    

• edited March 2015
    An interesting fact about "top of the FT no 1st" list is that he did a swear at me when I congratulated him for being top of one of Aussies tables!
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Back to back Main event winner..... : Answering my own question now. I was trying to think if anyone had and remembered (probably because he reminds me lots about it!) that Marc Wright (railtard11) won back to back UKOPS main last November.
    Posted by MattBates
    Yep, confirmed. Wins on 4th and 5th November 2014, both in the main UKOPS event of the day

1st/158 in a £10K Freezeout
    1st/170 in a £10K Rebuy

It happened while I was on holiday in New York and Maxally was posting results. I'd have remembered it otherwise.
  • edited March 2015

OBV Rob has done a spelling error and it should be 023.

Nice to see Elvis has had more come backs than yoyo though.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Back to back Main event winner..... : Yep, confirmed. Wins on 4th and 5th November 2014, both in the main UKOPS event of the day   1st/158 in a £10K Freezeout 1st/170 in a £10K Rebuy It happened while I was on holiday in New York and Maxally was posting results. I'd have remembered it otherwise.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

.....but I did highlight it at the time, afaicr.
  • edited March 2015
    Posted by MattBates
    didnt marc have B2B wins in the last UKOPs?
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Back to back Main event winner..... : didnt marc have B2B wins in the last UKOPs?
    Posted by LnarinOO
    should read all the posts before commenting i guess ...
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Back to back Main event winner..... : Not in Main Events I believe. Closest to it that springs to mind was ctbn winning back-to-back Primos when the buy-in was £33 and fields were pretty big. 1fingers is in good form too, Mini wins on Friday and Monday. Edit; CTBN Roller wins; 10th July 2011 1st/520 17th July 2011 1st/548 Much harder than back-to-back Roller wins with fields in the 150/200 range imo.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Some1 won back to back ukops 8pm main events in 2014
  • edited March 2015
    FWIW he played great against me heads up on Sunday. the game swung 2:1 chip lead 3 or 4 times and he never lost his composure
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Back to back Main event winner..... : Some1 won back to back ukops 8pm main events in 2014
    Posted by macapaca
    Yeah, we know now. Read the whole thread!
  • edited March 2015
    Didn't someone win back to back UKOP mains last year?
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Back to back Main event winner..... : Yep, confirmed. Wins on 4th and 5th November 2014, both in the main UKOPS event of the day   1st/158 in a £10K Freezeout 1st/170 in a £10K Rebuy It happened while I was on holiday in New York and Maxally was posting results. I'd have remembered it otherwise.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Forgot that Marc Wright done it but some1 else has done it in UKOPS 10000%