You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Getting Started

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
Okay guys i deposited 50 pound into my account around a year ago, i was playing good poker in my opinion however due to poor bankroll management i have since gone bust. I am looking to start playing again but i want to build a larger bankroll from around the same deposit (another £50). Can somebody offer advise on what is going to be the best way of building my bankroll to say £500. For example how many days a week should i play and for how long and how long should i be looking to make this profit in, what games to play in etc?? any advice is more than welcome?

Secondly i am aiming this question to all you poker pros and good regular players, if you are like myself you love the game and love making friends through poker. You will also love helping guys who are trying to improve their game each and everytime they play, i am just wondering if there is anyone out their that would take me on as a project, managering and mentoring me. I love the game and i am willing to put hard work and effort into the game, a few facts about myself:

Name: Michael Green
Poker Experence: 3 years
Biggest win: £360 (Poor i know)
Montly spare cash: Around £50-£100
Other usefull information: A levels in Maths, ICT, Technology, Geography
Living: Near Dundee, Scotland

Thats pretty much it guys, but i appreciate your time in reading this email, and i look forward to your replies

Thanks

Michael

Comments

• edited January 2010

Are u any good???
  • edited January 2010
    Stick to within your BR.

If you can play 3 tables at a time, once you get the hang of it and if your PC can cope.

I would say that the Double Your Money format is best suited to you at the minute.

Play tight, use position.

If you have a 50BR then only play the 1.10s/2.20s for now.

If you feel like tilting, take a break.

Read the strategy forums/post hands to get feedback and advice.