You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

April Promo.......................

edited April 2015 in Poker Chat

Drum roll!!

This month's promo is.....................

Comments

• edited April 2015
    Fill in a survey and be entered into a draw for £25.00 bonus??
  • edited April 2015
    Sky Sports subscription so we can watch the show???
  • edited April 2015

I've got Promo Withdrawal Symptoms and it's not even High Noon
  • edited April 2015
    Perhaps the promo is so amazing they cannot release it today as everyone will think it's an april fools joke?
  • edited April 2015
    maybe its just a slow mo promo.
  • edited April 2015
    P - Promo
    M - Missing
    T - Tension
  • edited April 2015

Hi there

There isn't a single 'headline' promotion for April. Just to reassure you there will be promotions and offers in April and they will be shown on our promotion page and on the forum too. Although we do often have these monthly promotions, it's not every month. When we don't do this we divide things up a bit more.

Think of it as like having slices of a pie rather than a single whole one.

More to follow through the month.

Thanks
    Sky Poker

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: April Promo.......................:
    Hi there There isn't a single 'headline' promotion for April. Just to reassure you there will be promotions and offers in April and they will be shown on our promotion page and on the forum too. Although we do often have these monthly promotions, it's not every month. When we don't do this we divide things up a bit more. Think of it as like having slices of a pie rather than a single whole one. More to follow through the month. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker

can some of the pie go to mtt players?

• edited April 2015
    Sky Poker is one big pie, and they've let you in charge of that pie, and the people are the fruit. 
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to April Promo.......................:
    Drum roll!! This month's promo is.....................
    Posted by SUPERSNEDD
    Nothing at all, maybe another well thought out and planned change. So in sky terms a "oh sh@& forgot let's throw something together and announce it, community will moan then poor TK has to try be middle man only for it to never get updated. 
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: April Promo....................... : can some of the pie go to mtt players?  
    Posted by aussie09
    Mmmm .. Mtt and Potato pie..
  • edited April 2015

It's not as if there isn't anything big on offer to Sky's players over the next few weeks... Vegas packages and chunky UKOPS guarantees are way less of a draw than a few weekends of double points promos...

But if they were to offer a free pie for every 1,000 poker points we have accrued on our accounts... this thread is making me hungry, time to get some lunch.

• edited April 2015

*** SPAM ALERT*****

Pie is readily  available from AL's Bar, plus you can win pie in the monthly THS Donk A FUN
  • edited April 2015
    Spam Pie? Sounds delish!
  • edited April 2015
    What a great promo, a pie for every 100pts! lets call it.....

Pie in the Sky

• edited April 2015

the sky cafe asks mtt players to provide the steak in their pies. 

when made, the pies are given to the cash tables.  those seated most often get fat on pies. 

a few pies go to those who sit and go. 

the mtt players must stay outside and peer through the window.

• edited April 2015
    Pies Theres Pies, I have been on Sky Poker for nearly 8 years and not had a single pie yet.
    I can see this being called the Piegate scandal, just what happened to those pies?
  • edited April 2015

In terms of promo's - Pie's the limit!!

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: April Promo....................... : can some of the pie go to mtt players?  
    Posted by aussie09
    Current promotions:

VLV - STT, MTT and Cash
    UKOPS - MTT
    New Player - N/A
    Skypoker rewards - All (Mainly Cash and STT)
    Priority - All (Mainly Cash and STT)
    Wall of Fame - MTT
    Final Table Jackpot - MTT
    Early Bird - Cash
    Happy Days - All

I think they have a fair set of promos at the moment. I am 90% a MTT player as well by the way.

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: April Promo....................... : Current promotions: VLV - STT, MTT and Cash UKOPS - MTT New Player - N/A Skypoker rewards - All (Mainly Cash and STT) Priority - All (Mainly Cash and STT) Wall of Fame - MTT Final Table Jackpot - MTT Early Bird - Cash Happy Days - All I think they have a fair set of promos at the moment. I am 90% a MTT player as well by the way.
    Posted by FlashFlush

just to be accurate...

Current promotions:

VLV - STT, MTT and Cash   recipient STT and Cash
    UKOPS - MTT   prize = bracelet
    New Player - N/A
    Skypoker rewards - All (Mainly Cash and STT)
    Priority - All (Mainly Cash and STT)
    Wall of Fame - MTT  prize = nothing
    Final Table Jackpot - MTT
    Early Bird - Cash
    Happy Days - All (Mainly Cash and STT)

• edited April 2015

Just out of interest, in the world of internet poker what is the split of total traffic cash vs MTT?

....and in respect of where sites get their rake from, what is that split cash vs MTT?

....and in turn, how does that compare in terms of £££ in incentives for cash vs MTT players?

I'd be surprised if any of the cash/STT/MTT player pools (as a whole) didn't get a pretty fair share out of incentives, based on what they put in through rake...

• edited April 2015
    Just out of interest, in the world of internet poker what is the split of total traffic cash vs MTT? ....and in respect of where sites get their rake from, what is that split cash vs MTT? ....and in turn, how does that compare in terms of £££ in incentives for cash vs MTT players? I'd be surprised if any of the cash/STT/MTT player pools (as a whole) didn't get a pretty fair share out of incentives, based on what they put in through rake...
    Posted by shakinaces
    Hi Shaky,

As I explained last week, broadly speaking, the split across the industry generally is.....

Cash games 66%

MTT's 17%

SNG's 17%

Individual sites vary by a few % points, but that's about it really.

I'd prefer not to start discussing where the precise revenue comes from, but you get the drift.

I would think it unlikely that the promotional budget is split along similar lines though - it does not quite work like that.

It's a peculiar thing, but MTT's generate all the noise & razmatazz, despite being only one sixth of total activity. If you think about it, almost nobody discusses SNG's, & yet it is as big a portion as MTT's.

It's also easier to drive more cash traffic than it is to drive more MTT or SNG traffic.

Whatever we play, it never seems quite fair, does it?!