You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Was I correct to Fold here?

edited April 2015 in Tournament Strategy

Hello - looking for a bit of feedback on this hand from the £2K Skysports Turbo BH last night. This is also the first hand history I have posted so hope it works.

As you can see I folded the hand, but wondered with the chance to take 3 bounties and be massive chip leader should I have took the chance, knowing that I am probably facing at least 3 over cards or maybe an over pair? In a freezeout I am happy with the fold, but wondered what people's thoughts are in a BH?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
bbMike Small blind  40.00 40.00 1435.00
Brownie62 Big blind  80.00 120.00 2560.00
  Your hole cards

GREGSTER Raise  240.00 360.00 3475.00
1muv All-in  128.00 488.00 0.00
GROW5ER Call  240.00 728.00 3980.00
snoxx11 Call  240.00 968.00 1557.00
bbMike All-in  1435.00 2403.00 0.00
Brownie62 All-in  2560.00 4963.00 0.00
GREGSTER Fold     
GROW5ER Fold     
snoxx11 Fold     
Brownie62 Unmatched bet  1165.00 3798.00 1165.00
bbMike Show
  • J
  • K

Brownie62 Show
  • Q
  • A

1muv Show

Flop

Turn

River

1muv Win Two Pairs, 8s and 5s 768.00  768.00
Brownie62 Win Pair of 5s 3030.00

Comments

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Was I correct to Fold here?:

It's a trivially easy fold I think. 8's don't run well multiway. The fact your not against an overpair is the best possible scenario for you, and you're still only 15.41% to win. (this would be higher if one of your eights weren't taken but still) You can use poker hand calculator to look at spots like this. I think that you need to not be results orientated in spots like this, just because your eights would have won this time it doesn't mean you made a mistake by folding. I bet if your eights lost you wouldn't have posted this :) . I think a good majority of the time when 3 people are all in preflop, at least one of them has an overpair to your eights.
  • edited April 2015

Yeah the BB has just a few too many chips to contemplate calling here, often you'll have to dodge so many cards and potential board runouts, but more likely you'll be drawing to 2 outs for your set.

I'd also raise a little less pre.

• edited April 2015
    ^ I wouldn't raise less pre, if 1muv calls and we only make it 2x then everyone is at least calling - I guess the same happens with 3x though too. I actually think it's an ideal spot to just limp in - if 1muv ships and everyone just calls then we can isolate. Or if 1muv ships, someone behind isolates we can then re-iso jam with our 88 (this is BH, I see lots of people iso'ing with all sorts of weak Ax which we crush)

As played, it's a close decision but I think 88 is strong enough to call. bbmike is going to be shoving fairly wide given he's pretty short himself and there's a bounty up for grabs (ideal situation for him) so I'm not worried about that. It just kinda depends how much of a bounty chaser you think Brownie is. Against a range of 77+, AT+, QJs+, KQ and A8s+ we have 41% equity. Which I think is good enough to go with it given all the added value of bounties out there + we already have chips invested. 3 way against bbmike (with a sligtly wider range than Brownie) and we only have 26.55% equity - but if we lose to bbmike but beat Brownie we get a side-pot + bounties. 
  • edited April 2015
    Pretty close, (Glad i'm not the only one who thinks that)!

Defo limping pre though. As played I think I call
  • edited April 2015
    Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated and interesting to get a split decision (2 folds & 2 calls).

Never thought of the limp pre and re-iso, quite like that idea, will give that a try at some point. FWIW I was definately calling the SB shove, but it was just when the BB shoves that put me in 2 minds and with only 15 seconds I went with a fold. If I would of covered him by a bit more (left myself with 1200-1500) I think I would of called.

I wasn't being results orientated, I was being future results orientated!!! Although you are probably right that I wouldn't of posted if I called and won the hand or one of the 4 over cards hit!!!