You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hows my play??

edited April 2015 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
pedroago15 Small blind  200.00 200.00 13520.00
ShaunyT Big blind  400.00 600.00 17057.50
  Your hole cards
  • K

couperwoo Raise  830.00 1430.00 11200.00
clancy03 Fold     
tracyswise Fold     
mcdaddy87 Fold     
pedroago15 Fold     
ShaunyT Call  430.00 1860.00 16627.50
Flop

• K

ShaunyT Check     
couperwoo Bet  1200.00 3060.00 10000.00
ShaunyT Raise  3600.00 6660.00 13027.50
couperwoo All-in  10000.00 16660.00 0.00
ShaunyT Call  7600.00 24260.00 5427.50
ShaunyT Show
  • K

couperwoo Show
  • A
  • A

Turn

River

couperwoo Win Pair of Aces 24260.00  24260.00
Think I was 3rd or 4th in chips vs another quite big stack. About 30 left.

If the raise is bigger, i'm probably folding, but the just-over-min raise gives me the right to see a flop IMHO.
Did I play the flop too aggro or is this the type of play I should be making to get a nice chip lead???
Given that i'm pretty deep could I have been more passive and got away?
Oh, and it was in a BH with a pretty chunky head prize.
I think its pretty standard, but then again im not the best so thought i'd throw this hand out there :)

Any opinions/advice much appreciated.

Comments

• edited April 2015
    Need more info, how many paid, villain tendancies UTG etc.

Personally in similar spot with a pair along with the draw I flat the flop. Raise will fold out all bluffs and you will only get action from better hands but then again we have amazing equity vs any hand so cant do much wrong with getting it in
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Hows my play??:
    Need more info, how many paid, villain tendancies UTG etc. Personally in similar spot with a pair along with the draw I flat the flop. Raise will fold out all bluffs and you will only get action from worse but then again we have amazing equity vs any hand so cant do much wrong with getting it in
    Posted by Matt237
    Hadn't been at the table long, my thinking was if I hit the heart it would kill my action, so why not get aggro :D  Given that he had the Ace of hearts, it probably wouldn't have done lol

We were quite a way from the money (only low stakes) and I had a very small profit from heads already.

Thanks for the response
  • edited April 2015
    When you hit a board so hard then it can never be bad getting it in.  Given his sizing on the flop you probably would have been in by the river anyway. This is pretty much a cooler. His raise is UTG so if he hits the board he has strong kings than you do, but you're never too far behind on that flop.
  • edited April 2015

Hiya love, ill stick my oar in on this one as its a funny old hand.

I think the flat pre was fine given the amount of BB's you had.

2 thoughts on the flop though

A: If you think he is C -Betting with air or you want him to fold a small pair or a rag Ace then I am betting 5-6k there. Your re raise was too low to do the job I think you thought that you were doing.

B: The flat call would have given you more info on the strength of your hand BUT still would have left you exposed with very little info on your opponent.

To work out if you played it right, ask yourself this question:

If I flat the Flop and the oppo shoves the K245 Turn board, what do I do?

I think in that position you have to seriously consider laying it down because he has shown strength throughout and your hand is very weak now and you have to put him on AA-KK- AK or KQ at worst but with the 5 you are opening up A3s or even a very likely 55 now.

Myself I would have made the flop bet higher and would have check/fold a decent sized bet on the turn but my play is terrible in tourneys so probably best to avoid my advice hehe.

• edited April 2015
    Personally i would fold it pre unless the villain is someone i see as a weak player who i can outplay on lots of flops... but generally calling with k9suited from an early position raise means you are gonna often be in bad shape especially on k high boards...

on the flop i would be calling most of the time as we are currently behind to a lot of their range, and we arent getting them to fold any better hands, we want to keep bluffs in and we dont wanna be getting it all in as we will pretty much only be flipping...

if you flat and hit then happy days you can try and get it in on the turn, if you flat and miss you can reassess the situation and you still have the chips to see a river.