You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Skypoker rewards currency exchange problem

edited April 2015 in Poker Chat
Hello everybody, i want to make this thing clear out here as it seems sky support can't help me. So my Sky account is in euros and i got paid my rewards with very bad currency exchange rate.

This is my e-mail to Skypoker Priority Team:

"Dear sky poker

I’m drafting this email, as there seems to be a problem with my cash for points for the month of March 2015.
I have tried to resolve this via live chat but the operator didn’t resolve the issue and I believe is making a mistake.
I have made 20639 poker points in march and I was informed by the operator that I have raked £2433.21 which I should get £608.3 in rake back, considering my 25% rate. Now because I am a player from Finland my payments are exchanged to euros this is where the problem has occurred, I was paid the amount of €655 which uses a 1.0775 exchange rate from pound to euro, I understand that the bonus is paid in pounds sterling using the exchange rate of sky pokers banking partner. But the problem is this exchange rate is very different from the normal quoted rates that I have searched for online. I do understand that there is a difference between different banks but the rate of 1.0775, which my money was converted at, is very different to all other bank exchange rates I have found. This has made me think that there has definitely been an error of exchange rate applied to my cash for points. I have had this problem a few times before and it was resolved, but unfortunately on this occasion the live operator was not able to help. As a guide the rates that I have seen online are between 1.37 and 1.39 so I believe the rate of 1.07 is an error.
Thank you in advance for your time and I hope you can resolve my problem."

And their answer: 

"This has been raised to our priority poker team and the exchange rate that you have been given is correct, so you have been paid out the correct amount in regards to your poker points. 

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us."

And they gave me link to this: 

"All bonus cash quoted are in pounds sterling (GBP). If an account is held in an alternative currency then the cash bonus amount will be converted at the relevant exchange rate provided by Sky Poker's banking partner on the day the bonus is credited."

Now i would like to know which bank is Skypoker using for currency exchange. Rates are so much lower compare to every other bank in the world :) 

Comments

• edited April 2015
    Alch quite a difference!

Maybe try calling prio, and speak to someone.

I could be wrong, but don't you play quite decent stakes?

What happen's with your other withdrawels? Is the exchange rate pretty bad with this too?

If you were losing a heep every time you withdrew due to the exchange rate, that must be a massive impact on your win rate.
  • edited April 2015
    Hi Kailepi,

I am also paid in euros and have noticed this aswell.

I could be corrected but I am nearly sure the exchange rate is set to whenever you signed up.

For example I play a £11 mtt €13.31 is taken from my account.

This has been the case for a good while now.

I have brought this up before since the euro is so weak atm .

With the current exchange rate I am losing out on rake back and more importantly  for me prize money.

At the minute I am paying slighty less in entrance fees but losing out on cashes.

PS What part of Finland are you in ?

Im there around 3 times a year myself
  • edited April 2015
    Hi LARSON7 and day4eire76,

Withdrawal from Sky to my bank is ok as my sky account and bank is on euros. And day4eire76 you seem to have same rate with me when i register £11 mtt €13.31 is taken from my account also.  That's not a problem as i get it back on a same rate. Only problem is these Sky Poker rewards. Every month the exchange rate is correct except this month why is this has there been changes?. It must be some kind of mistake as exchange rate looks like euro/dollar not pound/euro. Also i have asked some people and they got paid some bonuses within rate of 1.4 couple of days ago.

I'm living in Oulu, What are you doing in Finland if i may ask?
  • edited April 2015
    That exchange rate does seem nearer USD/Euro rather than GBP/Euro. Have you tried withdrawing funds via paypal? Perhaps you may get a more realistic exchange rate that way.

Another alternative is to set up a bank account that runs in Pound Sterling alongside your EURO account. Then you can withdraw from SP in GBP and switch monies between accounts to avoid the problems you have encountered. 

Also the rakeback for sngs is horrific these days, a few years ago getting to 20k points would mean a rewards payment of £200 more!

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Skypoker rewards currency exchange problem:
    Hi LARSON7 and day4eire76, Withdrawal from Sky to my bank is ok as my sky account and bank is on euros. And day4eire76 you seem to have same rate with me when i register  £11 mtt €13.31 is taken from my account also.  That's not a problem as i get it back on a same rate. Only problem is these Sky Poker rewards. Every month the exchange rate is correct except this month why is this has there been changes?. It must be some kind of mistake as exchange rate looks like euro/dollar not pound/euro. Also i have asked some people and they got paid some bonuses within rate of 1.4 couple of days ago. I'm living in Oulu, What are you doing in Finland if i may ask?
    Posted by kailepi
    Hi all,

You've cracked it kailepi.

This was down to human error (from myself).

I'll credit the difference this morning.

Best,
    JP.
  • edited April 2015
    Hi,

My other half is Finnish so spend quite a bit of time over there.

When in Helsinki we stay in Paloheina as her parents live there and its so close to the city centre.

During the summer we stay in Helsinki and then out to the summer house in Retula.

Then at Christmas a mix of Helsinki and winter house in Yllas.

Pat

Hi LARSON7 and day4eire76, Withdrawal from Sky to my bank is ok as my sky account and bank is on euros. And day4eire76 you seem to have same rate with me when i register  £11 mtt €13.31 is taken from my account also.  That's not a problem as i get it back on a same rate. Only problem is these Sky Poker rewards. Every month the exchange rate is correct except this month why is this has there been changes?. It must be some kind of mistake as exchange rate looks like euro/dollar not pound/euro. Also i have asked some people and they got paid some bonuses within rate of 1.4 couple of days ago. I'm living in Oulu, What are you doing in Finland if i may ask?
    Posted by kailepi
  • edited April 2015
    Hi, My other half is Finnish so spend quite a bit of time over there. When in Helsinki we stay in Paloheina as her parents live there and its so close to the city centre. During the summer we stay in Helsinki and then out to the summer house in Retula. Then at Christmas a mix of Helsinki and winter house in Yllas. Pat In Response to Re: Skypoker rewards currency exchange problem :
    Posted by day4eire76
    OMFG! My dream life....sigh!! 
    :D
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by kailepi
    glad it is a mistake,
    888 take ur sterling and convert is to US and back again at any rate (which they don't publish) and give you the worst of it both ways