You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

POKER POINTS; WHAT A CON

edited April 2015 in Poker Chat
I HAVE LIKE MOST PEOPLE ON HERE ACCUMULATED LOADS OF POKER POINTS ,IN THE TENS OF THOSANDS
HOWEVER THEY ARE NO USE IN ANY SATELLITES UNLESS YOU PLAY IN THE PREVIOUS 24 HOURS.THAT REALLY IS NOT FAIR ....
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Comments

• edited April 2015
    +1
    What a waste of accumalated points!
  • edited April 2015
    its pointless!!!
  • edited April 2015
    That's numberwang!

• edited April 2015
    look 1000s of points guy maybe play on site for a hour get 10 points get in every freeroll going dailly as it only takes 10 points every day and u can get in every freeroll running every day!

Instead of moaning how unfair it is that u need too have made 10 points a day too be able too play a freeroll/s maybe play some payed for games and make those 10 points....1x£11 equals 10 points 10x 30p makes 10 points.

So stop moaning you have 1000s of points after all so will have been payed plenty in cash for points payments over the months! so use some of those bonuses too make 10 points and get in every freeroll everday for a cost of £3 

P.s a good way of making your points on a thursday for entry too all sky freerolls is playing the omaha hi/lo league £9.90 for 4 games and u make 9 points then all u need is a 30p dym and u got the 10 points and can enter all freerolls on a friday  just a thought...........

Right who took a dump in my kettle?
  • edited April 2015
    i have over 16k in points but cnt use them pointless having them ha
  • edited April 2015
    they should do a exchange points for cash like 10k points = £10  1k points £1
  • edited April 2015
    Yes I understand you need 10 points a day for the freerolls but like a lot of people I have 1000's of points that don't do anything surely Sky can come up with a way that doesn't cost them to much and maybe we could gain by using the points.
  • edited April 2015
    Lets face it this site is pretty rubbish.  Never seen so many flushes and four of a kind.  You know who is going to get the cards and win by their seat at the table.   No matter how bad the cards dealt to them they will always win 99% of their hands.  The losing seats will get unplayable hands over and over with one or two per game that are worth playing and they may win one.  In real games no one wins six or seven hands in a row its ridiculous.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to POKER POINTS; WHAT A CON:
    I HAVE LIKE MOST PEOPLE ON HERE ACCUMULATED LOADS OF POKER POINTS ,IN THE TENS OF THOSANDS HOWEVER THEY ARE NO USE IN ANY SATELLITES UNLESS YOU PLAY IN THE PREVIOUS 24 HOURS.THAT REALLY IS NOT FAIR .... WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Posted by steve1312
    The points are reward points, and are used to assess the  end of month bonus, so they are hardly a con.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: POKER POINTS; WHAT A CON:
    In Response to POKER POINTS; WHAT A CON : The points are reward points, and are used to assess the  end of month bonus, so they are hardly a con.
    Posted by tsarina

BOOM!!!! ALREADY PAYED MONTHLY FOR THOSE POINTS....

MAYBE PLAY SOME PAYED FOR GAMES AND U WILL GET ENTRY TOO ALL FREEROLLS...INSTEAD OF MOANING THAT U CANT ENTER THEM....
  • edited April 2015
    Lets face it this site is pretty rubbish.  Never seen so many flushes and four of a kind.  You know who is going to get the cards and win by their seat at the table.   No matter how bad the cards dealt to them they will always win 99% of their hands.  The losing seats will get unplayable hands over and over with one or two per game that are worth playing and they may win one.  In real games no one wins six or seven hands in a row its ridiculous.
    Posted by Polgara777
    You are a idiot!
    So wrong about ALL your points!
    Poker just isn't for you kid!
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: POKER POINTS; WHAT A CON : You are a idiot! So wrong about ALL your points! Poker just isn't for you kid!
    Posted by macapaca
    It's AN idiot fwiw

In all honesty, because over last year the rules the rules for free roles have changed, sky should just not give the points at end of month, should just be converted to cash and end of.

The 500 free points you got on sign up are now not needed as usable only on 3 £20 free roles. 

A good change would be too remove the accumulation of points and just have all free roles as free if earned x in last x time.

I agree with macca in the fact if upset with this, honestly, take a break

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: POKER POINTS; WHAT A CON : It's AN idiot fwiw In all honesty, because over last year the rules the rules for free roles have changed, sky should just not give the points at end of month, should just be converted to cash and end of. The 500 free points you got on sign up are now not needed as usable only on 3 £20 free roles.  A good change would be too remove the accumulation of points and just have all free roles as free if earned x in last x time. I agree with macca in the fact if upset with this, honestly, take a break
    Posted by Nuggy962
    It's Freeroll fwiw
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: POKER POINTS; WHAT A CON : BOOM!!!! ALREADY PAYED MONTHLY FOR THOSE POINTS.... MAYBE PLAY SOME PAYED FOR GAMES AND U WILL GET ENTRY TOO ALL FREEROLLS... INSTEAD OF MOANING THAT U CANT ENTER THEM....
    Posted by churchy18
    Maybe you should read what I said, or are you incapable of that.   I havent moaned about anything.   Perhaps you should calm down on the alcohol
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: POKER POINTS; WHAT A CON : Maybe you should read what I said, or are you incapable of that.   I havent moaned about anything.   Perhaps you should calm down on the alcohol
    Posted by tsarina
    I may be wrong, but I think Brian (Churchy) was agreeing with you, his 'moaning' comment was directed at the OP.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: POKER POINTS; WHAT A CON : I may be wrong, but I think Brian (Churchy) was agreeing with you, his 'moaning' comment was directed at the OP.
    Posted by HENDRIK62

cheers jim i was agreeing with her....maybe people should lay of the drink :@} or read what is written or is it too hard for them?
  • edited April 2015
    full of Pedants,paranoids and drunks this thread ;)
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by Tsaaaar
    And some, like yourself, would appear at home in each of those three categories.   Have a nice Easter
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by Tsaaaar
    There should be a space after the comma mate ;)
  • edited April 2015
    SO NO SENSIBLE ANSWERS THEN
  • edited April 2015
    You want a sensible answer? How strange, but if we must try this.
    The points are awarded to people who play on the site and reflect how much time/money they have contributed to the site, and are used as a reward or if you prefer a type of rakback sheme. Inevitably some players like me and you earn more points than can be used for the freerolls, I myself can now afford to buy into every freeroll till I am 157 years old, and no that isn't next week.
    This site prefers that the players who play in the freerolls should be the players who actually play on the site actively and not some people who open an account, but never actually play for their own money, but are quite happy to play in the freerolls. I believe that the money in freerolls should go to active players myself, but I personally consider the criterea of in the previous 24 hours is a bit harsh, can we not have a day off.
  • edited April 2015
    It's a long time since I looked, but aren't these freerolls in actual fact, free entry into 50p rebuy & add on tournaments? Leaving players who just want to play for no cost at a massive disadvantage against players willing to rebuy and add on?
    A bit dodgy calling these tournaments freerolls in my opinion.

I have just looked and I have 44k points . But for what? I have to agree with previous posters who said they are pointless.. Would be much better to have a cashout option.

• edited April 2015
    Question

If you were earning thousands of points a month would it be worth entering a £20 GTD free roll possibly spending 3 hours until completion?

That's what I find puzzling apart from priority club for those earning 10k points a month, there is nothing in between worth taking part in
  • edited April 2015
    I have just looked and I have 44k points . But for what? I have to agree with previous posters who said they are pointless.. Would be much better to have a cashout option.
    Posted by The_Hux

So sky should reward us twice for the same points ?
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: POKER POINTS; WHAT A CON : So sky should reward us twice for the same points ?
    Posted by churchy18
    What a great idea Bri  ;)
  • edited April 2015
    i think sky is good they reward you for playing. they have good promotions and a good community . i love this site . thats out of the way . the free rolls i will have a gripe about now i think they should be structured different . so it rewards good play . it wouldnt hurt to have blind limits say 5 mins and get rid of 12p pay outs etc u cant even play a game for 12 p lol now i think its all fair with actually playing and earning points to gain entry to freerolls as ten points isnt alot of money to gain entry . what about the players who maybe put 50 or 100 pound in and gain say 300 or more points in a weekend then go skint and cant gain entry to said free roll cause u have to have played in the last 24 hours. some only put in once a week and cant afford to put in every day.  i think its should be changed from 24 hours to what u earned in past week and structure the tourneys better to reward good play.  get rid of prizes less than 1 pound .  maybe have a once a week freerroll for people that earned more points with say a main event and cash bonus for the winner just a suggestion . sorry for grammar and im not moaning just putting out a sugestion that might improve the site . thanks for reading this 
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: POKER POINTS; WHAT A CON : So sky should reward us twice for the same points ?
    Posted by churchy18
    No once..an option to use the points for free entry into the 50p rebuy/add on tourns.(current situation). or an option to cash them out for their equivalent cash value.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: POKER POINTS; WHAT A CON : No once..an option to use the points for free entry into the 50p rebuy/add on tourns.(current situation). or an option to cash them out for their equivalent cash value.
    Posted by The_Hux
    Seriously every month when you get you c4ps payment that is you basically cashing out the points is it not? 

So no matter how many you have does not matter as you have already been payed for them so there is no value in them anyway

Sky should just remove them every month when they credit cash for points payments...think thats what used too happen.

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: POKER POINTS; WHAT A CON : Seriously every month when you get you c4ps payment that is you basically cashing out the points is it not?  So no matter how many you have does not matter as you have already been payed for them so there is no value in them anyway Sky should just remove them every month when they credit cash for points payments...think thats what used too happen.
    Posted by churchy18

If that is the case, then yes they should delete them.. Otherwise people might percieve them to be worth something, like on other sites where you receive a rakeback payment AND you build up points which can either be spent on goods, used for real money tournament buy ins or cashed out as well as rakeback, not instead of.
    The point system does at first glance appear to mimick the system used on other sites like p/stars but on here the points are meaningless. 
    In my opinion it is mis leading.
  • edited April 2015
    Hi churchy
    think you are getting mixrd up with poker reward points ,ie getting money back for each £100 you play and poker points,ie gettibg 5 /10 20 points for getting placed in a tournamount.these points sre useless unless you use them in the next 24 hours which i dont think is fair if you cant play the next night.
    Just trying to say that the poker point system in my opinion is flawed.