You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Raising the Turn

Royal Flush!
Really interesting OTT, quite like the call, anyone raising the turn here?

liamboy1Small blind 20.0020.003900.00MattBatesBig blind 40.0060.003960.00 Your hole cards10A   day4eire76Fold    LARSON7Raise 120.00180.003540.00paris1995Fold    LBoarderFold    liamboy1Call 100.00280.003800.00MattBatesCall 80.00360.003880.00Flop  JKK   liamboy1Check    MattBatesCheck    LARSON7Check    Turn  Q   liamboy1Check    MattBatesBet 270.00630.003610.00LARSON7Call 270.00900.003270.00liamboy1Fold    River  10   MattBatesCheck    LARSON7Bet 440.001340.002830.00MattBatesFold    LARSON7Muck    LARSON7Win 900.00 3730.00LARSON7Return 4

Comments

• edited April 2015
  • edited April 2015
    Betting the flop would be ok, but would be pretty bad if we were raised.

I like checking the flop.

On the turn, don't think there's much point in raising. There is one player still to act. We aren't really going to get action from worse.

OTR my bet sizing is really bad. Really dislikethe river sizing, it's pretty terrible.
  • edited April 2015

Sorry Henrik
    I was being gormless and thought you'd flopped the straight

• edited April 2015
    Bet flop - unlikely to be raised and if we are it's an easy fold and we haven't really lost any equity by having to b/f.

What sizing would you use OTR if you don't like the sizing you used?
  • edited April 2015
    +1 to betting flop.

I'm not raising turn.

River I'd probably go a bit bigger but meh
  • edited April 2015
    OTF do you really want to re-open the betting to the two other creative players and risk being bluffed off it?
    OTT so much else has got there you´re unlikely to be called by worse, you have to be wanting to GII to make that move imho
    OTR it´s all meta-game, actually think the non-committal size bet is ok. plenty of hands might look you up not sure if your bet is for thin value or a scared bluff.
  • edited April 2015
    OTF is really interesting and close.

We're not expecting 2 folds a whole lot here on this board.

Turn is pretty standard.

River sizing is far from optimal for many reasons.
  • edited April 2015
    I was talking to my Dad recently about RFs - he had read an article of a "pro" that had never had one.

Posted this up so I could show him, I forgot to post my RF from 3 weeks ago:)

Then when I posted it, was really interested in the action on all 3 streets.

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Raising the Turn:
    OTF is really interesting and close. We're not expecting 2 folds a whole lot here on this board. Turn is pretty standard. River sizing is far from optimal for many reasons.
    Posted by LARSON7
    Why ain't we? Board smacks our range, we have the Ad, it's pretty hard for the blinds to have hit much of this board. With the BB in the hand as well, it kinda forces the small blind to play a tad more honestly vs us. And if we do get resistance, we have loads of great turn cards to barrel, along with the diamond and gutshot insurance.

Probably bet more on river. It's just seems so unlikely that Matt has a hand that can call any bet, so on the off chance he does have something he can pay you off with, might as well go big. If he's not calling 440 then he isn't calling 700, if he's calling 440 then he might well call a couple hundred more.....