You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sky poker tv gone.suprised???

edited April 2015 in Poker Chat
just arrived back in the country to see they have pulled the programe off tv. are you suprised??it was getting a bit tedious,repaet after repeat.the guy tk was getting verry repetative and boring, he even looked bored with himself.compare the number of players seated on sky to the other sites and it pales into insignificance,doesnt it?i mean come on we can all analyse games when we can see all the hands,cant we? no im sorry but on many occasions during a programe there were to much dead air. verry un profesional.despite what the big guys tell you through the press,sky could see that hardly anyone was tuning in,exept for the small minority of the (we love tk society).so goodbye to the tv channel,it tried,but didnt try hard eneough.
                                                             regards x

Comments

• edited April 2015
    In Response to sky poker tv gone.suprised???:
    just arrived back in the country to see they have pulled the programe off tv. are you suprised??it was getting a bit tedious,repaet after repeat.the guy tk was getting verry repetative and boring, he even looked bored with himself.compare the number of players seated on sky to the other sites and it pales into insignificance,doesnt it?i mean come on we can all analyse games when we can see all the hands,cant we? no im sorry but on many occasions during a programe there were to much dead air. verry un profesional.despite what the big guys tell you through the press,sky could see that hardly anyone was tuning in,exept for the small minority of the (we love tk society).so goodbye to the tv channel,it tried,but didnt try hard eneough.                                                              regards x
    Posted by windamon
    What have you been smoking! The channel was always potentially a loss leader for normal sky, they have sold up to another 3rd party who have read and seen the figures and won't take on the responsibility! if i had the money or owned  a poker network i would offer Tikay an ambassador job for life, and pay him in pot limit omaha entries around the country and world that may also include interesting concrete and bridge strutures of note! Have a nice day Windamon. Going to have to open a bottle of red after this...
  • edited April 2015
    if u got nothing nice to say then dont say it
  • edited April 2015
    just arrived back in the country to see they have pulled the programe off tv. are you suprised??it was getting a bit tedious,repaet after repeat.the guy tk was getting verry repetative and boring, he even looked bored with himself.compare the number of players seated on sky to the other sites and it pales into insignificance,doesnt it?i mean come on we can all analyse games when we can see all the hands,cant we? no im sorry but on many occasions during a programe there were to much dead air. verry un profesional.despite what the big guys tell you through the press,sky could see that hardly anyone was tuning in,exept for the small minority of the (we love tk society).so goodbye to the tv channel,it tried,but didnt try hard eneough.                                                              regards x
    Posted by windamon
    With comments like that I can only assume you have no decent pictures or stories so have to try cause a fight for attention

Say what you will about a company, but too attack a guy who is doing above and beyond the call of duties of his job is perfetic.  TK has a following because he is genuine, passionate about his work and loves Poker. You must have enjoyed the show if just arrived back in the country  and boom - checking 861. 

My advise - look at your own line of work before trying to belittle overs

• edited April 2015
    Posted by windamon

Obviously a wind up merchant by the way you delivered that "opinion". If that really was your view, then fair enough nobody can be liked by everybody as I am sure you must be aware (with an attitude like that) ...but like I say you're prob on a wind up.

On the off chance that this isn't a wind up, you will find very little on here but praise for Tikay..I don't know him as well as most on here...in fact I don't "know him" at all, but his humour, personality, knowledge (admittedly about boring stuff) and enthusiasm for poker and the people who play it are second to none. As I say I have not met the man as yet so have nothing to gain from saying such things, and believe me I am not a sycophant. I  just felt the need to reply. 

So... well done. Your probable wind up made me spend a couple of minutes defending the 'ol codger's honour! 

• edited April 2015
    I am very disappointed that SKY Poker has gone.

It was presented by an excellent team in an enthusiastic & informative way. I am one of many players that loved the show and my play has benefited as a results.

This is probably a total WUM thread but the vast majority love Tikay and the work he has done in promoting SKY Poker. I have only met him a couple of times but he has always been a perfect gent & SKY Poker has benefited from his great efforts.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: sky poker tv gone.suprised???:
    In Response to sky poker tv gone.suprised??? : What have you been smoking! The channel was always potentially a loss leader for normal sky, they have sold up to another 3rd party who have read and seen the figures and won't take on the responsibility! if i had the money or owned  a poker network i would offer Tikay an ambassador job for life, and pay him in pot limit omaha entries around the country and world that may also include interesting concrete and bridge strutures of note! Have a nice day Windamon. Going to have to open a bottle of red after this...
    Posted by Any2Suited
    yeah your spot on!they av read and seen the figures.thats my point.im just having my opinion,thats the whole point of this forum isnt it?do we all have to have the same opinion and agree with each other to and be pally to be taken seriously?
    oh well! im back off to dubia next week so no worries.
                               regards x
  • edited April 2015
    if u got nothing nice to say then dont say it
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    why post this?your contradicting yourself!
  • edited April 2015
    Great to have you back whingeamon.

You obviously enjoyed the channel at some point, because in your words "on many occasions during a programe there were to much dead air"

Why would you watch the show on many occasions if you didn't enjoy it?

A lot of us are sad the channel has gone because Anna Fowler, Rich Orford, Tikay and many more made poker fun.
    if you had experienced how emotional the final few shows were. maybe, you wouldn't have started this thread.

Having a pop at Tikay is a bit sad in my opinion.

As many have said previously, he is a great ambassador, he doesn't run the company and his advice stands the test of time. So why would you expect him to change his views on different shows?

Good luck at the tables

• edited April 2015
    Everybody can have there opinion,even if it is the wrong one.Attacking someone for being boring and tk at  that is way off the mark u may of watched a few shows but never took notice of what they were doing and trying to help players become better players,yes there was many repeats but simples don't watch them if u have seen them before.As for the unprofessional bit, really, and the only people that watch is the we love tk society,well if that's the label u wanna give us so be it.Dont know about u but when I go away with the family and come back I feel refreshed and happy and relaxed, maybe u should try and be a bit more respectful enjoy your future trips.......................
  • edited April 2015
    Happy to be a member of the "we love tk society"..................

I also love Rich Orford, Anna Fowler, Jules Sowetta, Laura Cornelious, Ross Jarvis, Ryan Spittles, James Hartigan to name but just a few of the presenters and analists, which all formed part of a great team & one of the many reasons I used to watch the live shows.

Tikays name is set in stone or concrete :)

And i'm sure he would be happy to discuss all manner of aggregate mixes with you if you let him :)

Love you "Teeks" (as Anna would say)
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: sky poker tv gone.suprised??? : yeah your spot on!they av read and seen the figures.thats my point.im just having my opinion,thats the whole point of this forum isnt it?do we all have to have the same opinion and agree with each other to and be pally to be taken seriously? oh well! im back off to dubia next week so no worries.                            regards x
    Posted by windamon
    Where is this country?
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: sky poker tv gone.suprised??? : Where is this country?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Cloud Cuckoo Land