You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

coincidence? streaks? just a bad day?

edited April 2015 in The Poker Clinic
I have just finished my 3rd tournament in last 2 hours
1st ended when my kk got beat by 88 when the flop was 3 hearts I had one he didn't but he still hit the 1 outer for trips
2nd ended when the joke leader at the table all inned with a3 and I called with ak he hit a 3
3rd ended when I all inned with 99 vs 96 and again he managed a flush.

all 3 tournaments I am way ahead ,specially the first one when he has 1 card to hit after the flop and hits it yes bad beats we all take them but to take 3 massive beats in 2 hours in consecutive tournaments clever people out there would be able to work out the odds . I just no im quitting for the day cos obviously im not on a level playing field and it would be a waste of money 

Comments

• edited April 2015
    Oh well...that's you telt

• edited April 2015
    Thats poker dude but what about all the times youve got it in behind and sucked out keep a record and youll find over hundreds of tourneys it comes out at 50 / 50
  • edited April 2015
    Dear Fiddly fish.
    You seem to be looking at the game in the wrong way. You also seem to be taking alot of stick whilst seeking help, which is why I am writing to you. The object of the game we all love is to have a hand that is better than your opponents and get your money in. If you are doing that which seems to be the theme of your post. Then you are doing everything right. The rest of what happens you dont control so there is no point looking at it with regret or bad feeling. Poker is a game where you can play badly and win or where you play good and lose. This is what is so intoxicating about the game and brings us back for more everytime.
    Professional poker players who make a living out of the game maybe have a 5 - 8% edge over of non pro players. You cant make a living out of something each and every year by getting lucky like pro players. They play thousand upon thousands of hands and hundreds of tournaments every year and most of those sessions they will lose.
     I converse over Twitch with a Pokerstars Pro who is a bracelet winner and has won $6million lifetime earnings.
    He playes a tournament last night for $1000 dollars and he said that if he played this tournament 1000 times he would not cash in 850 of those games. That is alot of losing. Yet he understands the game and loves it for the right reasons.
    Alternatively Phil Ivey won Monte Carlo millions and is standing with his million dollar comedy cheque. After he was interviewed. He was not happy. He had played so badly and won but he did not care about winning. He cared more that his bad play was rewarded. Such is how he has trained his mind to focus on things he can affect in the game. Heads up he beat a guy associated with this site in the past, Paul Jackson which is why I tell this story.
    So you can either keep playing for really small margins and maybe some wins. Or you can play for fun and work hard and make good decisions ( which you seem to be doing) and enjoy the game. Dont let a game that is fun and challenging and a puzzle become something that you don't enjoy or are berated by others when you ask for help with variance.
    Hope this helps you. Best regards
    Danny