You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bit of advice on this please MTT players!

edited April 2015 in Poker Chat
I have won 2x $200(£134) tickets after finishing in the top 5 out of 270ish in two tourneys in a week elsewhere for a $300.000(£200.000) main event so have the buy in and the 1 rebuy your allowed...

What i would like is some advice on when i should enter...

Most will know i mostly play hi/lo with the odd b/hunter thrown in but i get bored quite easy playing hold em for some reason and ussually donk it away after a hour if not busted sooner. so when should i enter this one should i go in from the start and just sit tight and wait for big hands hoping too slowly try build a stack,

Or in the middle of late reg when there will still be some beatable players left but there will also be some maniacs with stacks still there also, 

Or just before late reg closes when the feild will be thinned down quite a bit giving me a bit more chance of making it too the cash or will this just leave me open too bigger stacks just pushing and of course by this time most of the weaker players will be gone .. 

Here is the structure and stuff late reg is open for 3 hours 7pm start 9 levels@ 20 mins per level so open till 10pm roughly, 10000 starting stack blinds starting at 20/40 level 9 is 150/300 i would imagine there will be 1000+ or there abouts so will be a long drawn out affair

Any advice greatly appreicated as this will be the biggest tourney i will have played a not sure what would give me a better chance.

Thanks in advance Brian

Comments

• edited April 2015
    Imho start on time. If you get bored easily, don't sit tight and wait for "big hands" early. Get involved, get aggro, it's a lot more fun. Nothing better than building a false image and getting paid off when you overbet the nuts. If you bust fairly quick you still have your second bullet but if you build a big stack, it's way more entertaining being the boss at the table.

Personally I love the early stages of tourneys as I like to build a stack early. I don't get the whole late reg thing unless it's unavoidable or you're one of those players who think it's fasionable or cool to do so.

Whatever you do gl, hope it goes well.
  • edited April 2015

Starting with 250BBs is akin to a deep-stacked cash game. If your cash game is generally good and you play well through the streets, then by all means start early. The fact that it's a rebuy also means that a lot of players will be playing fast and loose early on: if you're comfortable in this realm, then again start early.
    Some MTT players are often more effective with 100BB stacks or fewer. They tend to play cautiously early on and just hope to survive the early levels before they kick into gear. Only you can honestly decide which of these camps you tend towards.

• edited April 2015
    Dunno churchy but GL! Sounds exciting :)