You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Comments

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Worst slowroll ever:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDx_3UkGeds
    Posted by bearlyther
    brilliant 2 c him hit the boat on the end!, what a moron
  • edited April 2015
    I saw this yesterday. Absolutely disgraceful. Life ban imo.
  • edited April 2015
    Saw this yesterday, love the cheer when he houses up :D
  • edited April 2015
    Brilliant! There is justice in this world :)
  • edited April 2015

lol need more poker commentary like this!

• edited April 2015
    There is a piece on a German poker news site that interviewed the Guy who said he misread his hand as Kd Qh.
    Not sure I can believe it but thats his story.
  • edited April 2015

Wow, that is disgusting, I never thought I would see a slowroll that could come close to this:

Bit of a coincidence that both players are German too!
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Worst slowroll ever:
    There is a piece on a German poker news site that interviewed the Guy who said he misread his hand as Kd Qh. Not sure I can believe it but thats his story.
    Posted by jonjo75
    Hmmm, he checks his cards again when the Irish guy sticks him all in, so I don't think his version of events will wash with many!

Even if he is being truthful, and thought he only had the Kd, then it's still a snap call for what he had behind.

Lovely river :)
  • edited April 2015
    Guy seems autistic, bit harsh for so many to be hating on him if he is.
  • edited April 2015
    donnachay  great manners just takes it in his stride  karma  boooom on the river :)
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Don't see how you can reach this as a diagnosis after a two minute clip.
  • edited April 2015
    lol need more poker commentary like this!
    Posted by LARSON7

I met Fergal (one of the commentators) a few years ago, and i know a family member keeps in contact with him, he does a couple of blogs and a podcast (that was linked around here a few weeks back) defo worth a listen. Proper gent of a lad. 

Seen the hand yesterday, absolutle disgrace, dont really care what the reason is for it tbh. And in responce to Ivanovic, there are many Autistic players who play poker. I really dont think any of them would really like oh a guy looks autistic so he slowrolled to be an excuse tbh. 
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Worst slowroll ever : Don't see how you can reach this as a diagnosis after a two minute clip.
    Posted by tsarina
    After the river he is still sat at the table smiling. His pre-flop call is also indicative of someone who didn't know what they were doing. That combined with the autism is why this could have happened.

Obviously I could be wrong but how else to explain such bemusing actions? 

• edited April 2015
    It was the FT right?
  • edited April 2015
    It was the FT right?
    Posted by LARSON7
    yeah it was FT.

Here, I found something on it posted by one of the Irish commentators on it:

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Worst slowroll ever : yeah it was FT. Here, I found something on it posted by one of the Irish commentators on it: http://www.irishpokerboards.com/forum/showpost.php?p=888949&postcount=220
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    And no mention of autism.  Just as I thought
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Worst slowroll ever : And no mention of autism.  Just as I thought
    Posted by tsarina
    The guy didn't realise a slowroll was bad etiquette = lack of social awareness. 

Autism is a spectrum condition and not everyone who is on the spectrum ever gets diagnosed with autism. 

Either way, my initial post about not hating on the guy without knowing the facts was correct. That guy probably feels humiliated by the whole thing and probably isn't going to want to play live again. 
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Worst slowroll ever : The guy didn't realise a slowroll was bad etiquette = lack of social awareness.  Autism is a spectrum condition and not everyone who is on the spectrum ever gets diagnosed with autism.  Either way, my initial post about not hating on the guy without knowing the facts was correct. That guy probably feels humiliated by the whole thing and probably isn't going to want to play live again. 
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    that´s one of the problems of this wonderful social media world that we live in today. everyone gets used to making snap judgements based on limited information, and then that suddenly becomes the truth. who knows why he did it, but as you suggest there could be benign reasons not just the unpleasant ones. 
  • edited April 2015
    Im get confused over slow rolling Surley a Player can play how he or she wants to ? I get He has the nuts but still Surley he was thinking over what he had ect but like I say I think I players can Play how the like ect Yeah it is annoying but its not life or death 
  • edited April 2015
    the thing is,if people knew he had autism would they of reacted how they did ?
    i think most if not all would,ve shown respect imho
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by F_Ivanovic

it's still a disgrace, being autistic shouldn't make  these decisions any harder, i'm an autistic person myself but the minute i see see myself holding the nuts i'll be calling a shove, so he's an even bigger disgrace giving autistic people a bad name.
  • edited April 2015
    Funny actually, after watching this video a few days ago I played in a tournament yesterday on sky and on two ocassions I was slow rolled when my opponents had the nuts on both occasions.

I rarely play tournaments on sky, is this common place or did I just come up against two rotten eggs?

Ger
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Worst slowroll ever : it's still a disgrace, being autistic shouldn't make  these decisions any harder, i'm an autistic person myself but the minute i see see myself holding the nuts i'll be calling a shove, so he's an even bigger disgrace giving autistic people a bad name.
    Posted by craigcu12
    Craig that's because you have read forums and such and know it's bad etiquette to do so. If he's never heard of slow-rolling before but isn't autistic then his social skills might assess the situation and deem that waiting ages to call with the nuts is probably not very kind to the other player in the hand. But with a lack of social skills AND not knowing about slow-rolling he has no clue what he is doing is wrong or that it will affect the other players in the hand.

If he is autistic he would in no way being given autstic people a bad name because anyone that even knows about autism knows that it can affect a person's social skills.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Worst slowroll ever : Craig that's because you have read forums and such and know it's bad etiquette to do so. If he's never heard of slow-rolling before but isn't autistic then his social skills might assess the situation and deem that waiting ages to call with the nuts is probably not very kind to the other player in the hand. But with a lack of social skills AND not knowing about slow-rolling he has no clue what he is doing is wrong or that it will affect the other players in the hand. If he is autistic he would in no way being given autstic people a bad name because anyone that even knows about autism knows that it can affect a person's social skills.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    The only person that has mentioned autism is you.  Shame you haven't got anything better to do with your time than invent some spurious reason for this player slowrolling.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Worst slowroll ever : The only person that has mentioned autism is you.  Shame you haven't got anything better to do with your time than invent some spurious reason for this player slowrolling.
    Posted by tsarina
    A little harsh, tsarina - it was simple supposition, and not entirely without merit or foundation either. I have a family member with autism (even diagnosed it for the doctor) and Ivanovic raises some valid points. At no point does he claim the guy is autistic.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Worst slowroll ever : The only person that has mentioned autism is you.  Shame you haven't got anything better to do with your time than invent some spurious reason for this player slowrolling.
    Posted by tsarina
    Just for a bit of fun....try and find a positive post from this troll....I'm yet too ;)
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by tsarina
    What's your problem? I'm saying I think it's wrong for so many people to be hating on this guy without knowing all the facts and suggested it could be autism which makes it even worse that people have ridiculed him. Actually I saw someone else mention autism elsewhere and that's why I brought it up here because to me it made sense as a possibility. Why do you even care?