You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Grand National Promotion

edited April 2015 in Poker Chat
Is there a Grand National Promotion this year?

Last year it was a really good promotion & everyone was talking about it.

Comments

• edited April 2015

Here you go Ice Ice baby - Two Grand National Freerolls

Good luck.  

• edited April 2015
    It wasn't showing under my Promotion tab but thanks Tikay for answering so quickly.

• edited April 2015
    Is earning 10 or 50 Points in any period ?
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Grand National Promotion:
    Posted by whitebeast
    This week
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by whitebeast
    Yes mate

* "Please note: the Poker Point requirement can be earned over any period leading up to the Freerolls".
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Grand National Promotion : This week
    Posted by Snuffer
    Hi snuffer,

My reading of this is "any period", not "this week".

I've been wrong before though. Just the once or twice, like.

If in doubt, check with Customer Care, but the Promo Page clearly states "any period".

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Grand National Promotion : Hi snuffer, My reading of this is "any period", not "this week". I've been wrong before though. Just the once or twice, like. If in doubt, check with Customer Care, but the Promo Page clearly states "any period".  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Could be Tikay, was just quoting from the tourney lobby which states "the past week"
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Grand National Promotion : Could be Tikay, was just quoting from the tourney lobby which states "the past week"
    Posted by Snuffer
    Marv. I say, marv.

Apologies for suggesting otherwise.

I specifically checked that with the office yesterday, & I understood the reply to say "any period". Perhaps they meant "any period in the last week".

I've now dropped them another note. They must love all my notes, lol.   

As it now stands, I have you as 4/6 favourite.

To be abso clear, the Promo Page (currently) says......

"* Please note: the Poker Point requirement can be earned over any period leading up to the Freerolls"

And the Tourney Lobby (thanks for pointing it out) currently says

"in the last week".
  • edited April 2015
    Here you go Ice Ice baby -  Two Grand National Freerolls Good luck.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Great promo with a HUGE fun element built in! 

#sortedItOutsky :)
  • edited April 2015
    Where can one sign up for these events? Cant seem to find them on the tournament tab??
  • edited April 2015
    Where can one sign up for these events? Cant seem to find them on the tournament tab??
    Posted by beckaza
    If you go to "FREEROLLS", then UNTICK "Reg Only" you will be able to see both of the Grand National Freerolls.

Registration does not open until 7pm on Thursday.
  • edited April 2015
    It wasn't showing under my Promotion tab but thanks Tikay for answering so quickly.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    No problem Ice, never be afraid to ask.
  • edited April 2015
    Thanks legend^ :)
  • edited April 2015
    Thanks legend^ :)
    Posted by beckaza
    ;)

Good luck Becks.
  • edited April 2015

I just need to clarify the "how many points needed, & when" for these two Grand National Freerolls.

The first Grand National Freeroll - on Friday - requires 10 points to enter.

The second Grand National Freeroll, on Saturday, requires 50 points to enter.

In both cases, those points need to be earned within the week leading up to the Freeroll.

There was some confusion about this, & I may have inadvertently misled you.  

Thanks go to Lord snuffer, for pointing out the anomoly. The 4/6 shot got home.

It's a bit of a pain to change it, yes, & there'll be some chunter incoming, but far better to make it known now, than when you try to register.  

• edited April 2015
    I just need to clarify the "how many points needed, & when" for these two Grand National Freerolls. The first Grand National Freeroll - on Friday - requires 10 points to enter. The second Grand National Freeroll, on Saturday, requires 50 points to enter.   In both cases, those points need to be earned within the week leading up to the Freeroll. There was some confusion about this, & I may have inadvertently misled you.   Thanks go to Lord snuffer, for pointing out the anomoly. The 4/6 shot got home. It's a bit of a pain to change it, yes, & there'll be some chunter incoming, but far better to make it known now, than when you try to register.      
    Posted by Tikay10
    I have been called many a thing in my time but never a Lord ;)
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Grand National Promotion : I have been called many a thing in my time but never a Lord ;)
    Posted by Snuffer
    You should be honoured, (ooh, grerat pun there) I also call Orford a Lord.

Oh, wait.....
  • edited April 2015
    On the promo it says prizesb given out on ur horse coming top 5 was are these prizes ?

• edited April 2015
    Will this competition be played out to a winner or will it be like last year & stop with 40 players remaining & the prizes be allocated based on positions at that time?
  • edited April 2015
    Will this competition be played out to a winner or will it be like last year & stop with 40 players remaining & the prizes be allocated based on positions at that time?
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Good question, & I'm not sure I know the answer. I'm assuming this question ONLY refers to the 1st Grand National Freeroll.

The Promo Blurb says this.....

".....The top 40 finishers will also be assigned a Grand National horse. The horse that you are assigned depends on where you place in the freeroll. First place in the freeroll will be given the favourite to win, and so on. So make sure you place higher to be in with a chance of bagging the favourites!....."

So I don't actually know, but reading that, I'd tend to assume it was played out. 

Best to check with CC if in doubt, my view counts for nothing. If I can find out, I will, but I'm wary of pestering them too often with questions, my welcome mat is wearing a bit thin up there. ;) 
  • edited April 2015
    On the promo it says prizesb given out on ur horse coming top 5 was are these prizes ?  
    Posted by D_Legend
    Hi Ledge,

The Promo Blurb for the 1st Grand National Freroll states this....

1st£200x1 Super Roller Seat*£5 free bet with Sky Bet
    2nd£100x1 Super Roller Seat*£5 free bet with Sky Bet
    3rd£75x1 Super Roller Seat*£5 free bet with Sky Bet
    4th£50x1 Super Roller Seat*£5 free bet with Sky Bet
    5th£25x1 Super Roller Seat*£5 free bet with Sky Bet
  • edited April 2015
    Uhhh

GN freeroll disappeared from lobby and players un-reg ????
  • edited April 2015
    Uhhh GN freeroll disappeared from lobby and players un-reg ????
    Posted by Boxster
    yes me too it has gone and I have been deregistered

• edited April 2015

No need to panic guys, it was just down temporarily whilst we added horses.

It's back now.
  • edited April 2015
    Finished 4th, now I just need The Druids Nepthew to romp home tommorow :)
  • edited April 2015
    Certainly an interesting promotion, just a shame that so many players registered but failed to actually show up. At one stage I was on a table with 4 (YES FOUR) away players. Kinda devalues the game a bit.
  • edited April 2015
    It wasn't a case of not showing up, it was a case of not being able to log on...But not sky's problem, easier if only half the players play, get it over with quicker.