You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Sky Community

edited April 2015 in Poker Chat
i believe it was the legend that is Sir Tikay that said it is up to us what we make of it. 

recently we have witnessed attacks on the characters of many long  standing forumites. Surely this is just shooting ourselves in the butt. People may be at fault, or not, but is the attempted humiliation by forum really going to help us all in general. Wouldn't it make sense to chill out a bit on the forum and conduct such complaints via pm or cc? i guess some of it is a spillover from Facebook, but we don't need to contaminate our forums with such chatter do we?

I'm no Saint but i do think peeps are going a bit too far to justify their personal agendas

Comments

• edited April 2015
    In Response to The Sky Community:
    i believe it was the legend that is Sir Tikay that said it is up to us what we make of it.  recently we have witnessed attacks on the characters of many long  standing forumites. Surely this is just shooting ourselves in the butt. People may be at fault, or not, but is the attempted humiliation by forum really going to help us all in general. Wouldn't it make sense to chill out a bit on the forum and conduct such complaints via pm or cc? i guess some of it is a spillover from Facebook, but we don't need to contaminate our forums with such chatter do we? I'm no Saint but i do think peeps are going a bit too far to justify their personal agendas
    Posted by GELDY
    In this world, there are "People That Do" and "People That Criticise Those That Do."

The second group have a kind of inherrant jeolousy of the first group and it appears that their mission is to hound them until they stop doing.

I learnt many years ago that life becomes happier to align yourself with the people in the first group & avoid people in the second group.
  • edited April 2015
    i believe it was the legend that is Sir Tikay that said it is up to us what we make of it.  recently we have witnessed attacks on the characters of many long  standing forumites. Surely this is just shooting ourselves in the butt. People may be at fault, or not, but is the attempted humiliation by forum really going to help us all in general. Wouldn't it make sense to chill out a bit on the forum and conduct such complaints via pm or cc? i guess some of it is a spillover from Facebook, but we don't need to contaminate our forums with such chatter do we? I'm no Saint but i do think peeps are going a bit too far to justify their personal agendas
    Posted by GELDY
    +1 to this
    Its why i gave up Faceache years ago
  • edited April 2015
    People seem to bending over backwards to shoot themselves in the Butt.

I agree, that the arguments that are being aired on the forum at the moment are not doing any of us any good.

Geldy, you have said that you are no saint, neither am I, and I suspect neither is the vast majority of the community.  In life we all make mistakes, and hopefully we learn from them.

Whatever grievances people have, I would suggest that self appointed judge jury and executioners, should think twice before condemning others.

As our Scottish bard said

Had god but had the gift to gie us
    To see ourselves as others see us

• edited April 2015
    Completely agree GELDY, the Sky community is what made this site unique and the sole reason I chose to play most of my poker on here.  It seems that what some want to make of it is an arena for mud slinging (which is a lot less fun than it sounds).  When it works it's brilliant, as evidenced recently by the event organised in Newcastle (where incidentally I enjoyed the company of alot of mud slingers, who are decent, good fun people).

It's just a real shame that what should be all about creating a fun environment to enjoy our poker it as deteriorated into an attempted character assassination good people.  Sure there are always going to be personality clashes, sure we're never going to like everyone and that's fine, it's life.  But life's too short to let personal differences in what should be a bit of fun for all of us overshadow and fragment what has been the very best thing about this poker site for so long.

WTF must it look like to newcomers venturing onto the forum for the first time?
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: The Sky Community:
    In Response to The Sky Community : In this world, there are "People That Do" and "People That Criticise Those That Do." The second group have a kind of inherrant jeolousy of the first group and it appears that their mission is to hound them until they stop doing. I learnt many years ago that life becomes happier to align yourself with the people in the first group & avoid people in the second group.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Brilliant bit of philosophy. love it.

As a complete ostrich I.E. having my head in the sand with no idea what the OP is on about (sorry GELDY) I completely agree with the point that the forum is what the community make it. For anybody that attended the live event it was an absolute blast, I didn't meet a single person I didn't like and I cant wait for the next one.

Hopefully the mudslinging will stop now the drier weather is here ;)
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by GELDY
    mattbates has said all that needs to be said about this.  I don't know why another thread has been started, unless it is because you are in fact enjoying stirring this up all over again
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to The Sky Community : mattbates has said all that needs to be said about this.  I don't know why another thread has been started, unless it is because you are in fact enjoying stirring this up all over again
    Posted by tsarina
    You are such a troll

People like you who have to always stir it up and try derail, have you read the posts? All positive about the community. Which is what we need, not your constant trash talk
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to The Sky Community : mattbates has said all that needs to be said about this.  I don't know why another thread has been started, unless it is because you are in fact enjoying stirring this up all over again
    Posted by tsarina
    +1
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by tsarina
    because that thread was about hitman, this thread is about the community. and it was indeed prompted by matt's excellent post. 
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: The Sky Community : You are such a troll People like you who have to always stir it up and try derail, have you read the posts? All positive about the community. Which is what we need, not your constant trash talk
    Posted by Nuggy962
    As usual you are trolling me and making comments out of pure ignorance.  I very rarely post on the forum because of unpleasant fools like you.   In future, please address your foolish comments to others and leave me out of it.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: The Sky Community : As usual you are trolling me and making comments out of pure ignorance.  I very rarely post on the forum because of unpleasant fools like you.   In future, please address your foolish comments to others and leave me out of it.
    Posted by tsarina
    Sorry - but I just have to lol at this.  You brought yourself into it by trying to troll the OP - who was at least trying to set a positive tone going forward.  I don't usually get involved in this kind of discussion but the irony of your post just amazed me.

Going forward - yes this community is about the members - so lets all get involved in a positive way.

Looking forward to the next SPT event which I will try my best to get to :)

• edited April 2015
    Please, Please, can we at least all agree that my post was the best!
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by MattBates
    It was excellent, in fact I think you should write short stories.
  • edited April 2015

short, far away?  short or far away, dougal?

• edited April 2015
    Posted by MattBates
    Matt's post was the best!!

Boom!!
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: The Sky Community : Matt's post was the best!! Boom!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Remind me how you are still here?

As for acting as judge, jury and executioner....oh the irony....

It's not as if the subject of the furore has longtime considered himself a higher authority on all things etiquette...and cast others out for (what now look like tiny) infractions.  No Sir, not at all.  In fact, the way he carries on, he should sh sh shurely be beyond reproach.  Right?
  • edited April 2015
    Good morning all,
    Has anyone mentioned the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack yet.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited April 2015
    Good morning all, Has anyone mentioned the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack yet. All the best. Rainman397
    Posted by rainman397

:heart: you mister :)

hope yr running well :)

• edited April 2015
    In Response to The Sky Community : In this world, there are "People That Do" and "People That Criticise Those That Do." The second group have a kind of inherrant jeolousy of the first group and it appears that their mission is to hound them until they stop doing. I learnt many years ago that life becomes happier to align yourself with the people in the first group & avoid people in the second group.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    There are also people who cheat.....
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by tsarina
    Maybe some people don't want the issue buried/whitewashed?
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: The Sky Community : There are also people who cheat.....
    Posted by mrsmarley
    Pretty sure, by the very nature of the phrase, that comes under the first category...

...but nice try.
  • edited April 2015
    Community... so much love for :)

Long may it live, issue's have to be resolved. 

Lets leave all the dodgy talk of late for SKY to deal with hey.

Fridayyyyyyy eve :)
  • edited April 2015
    Community... so much love for :) Long may it live, issue's have to be resolved.  Lets leave all the dodgy talk of late for SKY to deal with hey. Fridayyyyyyy eve :)
    Posted by samantha25
    I won't tell if you don't, but it's still Thursday ;) 
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: The Sky Community : I won't tell if you don't, but it's still Thursday ;) 
    Posted by Nuggy962

Oh yeah, I could look slightly crazy there...

Did mean it's Friday Eve, as in like - Christmas Eve... early excitement for the weekend :)
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: The Sky Community : pls don't derail this thread susan - pls delete your comment mods have already commented on the thread about your topic and stated: "I will now be closing this thread, if I see any new ones along these lines turn up, I reserve the right to delete them without warning or explanation."
    Posted by GELDY
    bit weird finding myself agreeing with you Geldy, maybe also a good idea to get rid of the paochers thread too now that everything has been sent to sky by tommy. 
  • edited April 2015
    eddies in the vortex - i must have imagined it

i must say the community has been pretty chirpy these last few days, and i see another forum spt is about to be announced

oh happy days
  • edited April 2015
    eddies in the vortex - i must have imagined it i must say the community has been pretty chirpy these last few days, and i see another forum spt is about to be announced oh happy days
    Posted by GELDY

hoping it's confirmed, us Outlaw folk have already booked a 4 bed house there :) if not team, party FTW :)
  • edited April 2015
    eddies in the vortex - i must have imagined it i must say the community has been pretty chirpy these last few days, and i see another forum spt is about to be announced oh happy days
    Posted by GELDY

I realised I haven't hit the 900 (troll) posts yet in my 4 years here, gotta change that if I wanna boss it like yrself and chunkychops :)