You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Advice on the National

edited April 2015 in Betting Chat
With it being Mccoys last year i think its clearly obvious his ride will be backed right in on the day, but do you think that will mean most other horses will drift on price on the day?? or will that not really affect the rest of the market??

Managed to pick 4 horses i like and dont know whether i should take the prices now or hold out for better on saturday morning..

cheers,

Comments

• edited April 2015
    depends on whos riding them horses and if they will be backed by women etc all sorts of things can influence the betting mcoys horse will be fav prob thats a cert . i prefer to wait till the day then see how its going then take the odds before they drop too much or let the odds go. so best thing is to stay in the bookies or keep an eye online on the prices.
  • edited April 2015
    every horse gets backed 30 mins before the race not many horses will drift and yip mccoys horse will be around 4 or 5/1 so if ya backing shutthefrontdoor take the 7 or 8/1 if u can get it
  • edited April 2015
    if u are on bigger odds back em on the tote they pay so much more on the tote
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Advice on the National:
    With it being Mccoys last year i think its clearly obvious his ride will be backed right in on the day, but do you think that will mean most other horses will drift on price on the day?? or will that not really affect the rest of the market?? Managed to pick 4 horses i like and dont know whether i should take the prices now or hold out for better on saturday morning.. cheers,
    Posted by jordz16
    Jordz u can have as much as u want with me @ 7/1. I'll pay u out as soon as they cross the line 
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Advice on the National:
    In Response to Advice on the National : Jordz u can have as much as u want with me @ 7/1. I'll pay u out as soon as they cross the line 
    Posted by joesman1[/QUOTE

cheers mate but i wouldnt touch a national horse at 7's i dont think id be backing it at 12's in all fairness

I like Balthazar King out of the favourites

and the bigger price horses i like the look of are, Saint Are, Mon Parrain and Rebel Rebellion
  • edited April 2015
    best odds guarenteed? back it now and if it does drift you will get the best price anyway!
  • edited April 2015
    best odds guarenteed? back it now and if it does drift you will get the best price anyway!
    Posted by Itsover4u
    this sounds useful
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by Itsover4u

yeah but everyone knows 30mins before the race 75% of horses will be backed into a shorter price so you rarely get a better price...   i just dont wanna get a bet on now at 28/1 then see it hit 40/1 on the morning of the race, and then go off at 28/1 again... but at the same time i guess thats the risk you take 
  • edited April 2015
    Shop around,many bookies offering 5 or 6 places but be careful because many of these will be considerably shorted odds than bookies offering 4 places.
    Also most bookies push there new customer sign ups for the national meeting to take advantage of the increased trafic. so these are worth checking out before you bet.
  • edited April 2015
    Phew, glad i waited til the today to get my bets on. i went for..

Balthazar King  12/1
    Saint Are  33/1
    Rebel rebellion  50/1
    Mon Parrain  66/1

all each way with 5 places

Gl to everyone for today
  • edited April 2015
    my bets gd luck if having a bet Shutthefrontdoor for the national £4 win 7/1 baltazar king £2 win 11/1 oscar time £1 e/w 40/1 rubi light £1 e/w 66/1 total £10
  • edited April 2015
    £2 ew on stfd 8/1 and £1 ew on unioniste 33/1 gl all

Edit...well at least I got my money back more or less with the 5th being paid ;-)
  • edited April 2015
    Cause of Causes e/w main bet
    The Druids Nephew and Godsmejudge smaller e/w bets.

Good luck all.
  • edited April 2015

I HAVE GONE FOR SCIENTIFIC APPROACH BORN ON THE 17TH SO THATS MINE
  • edited April 2015
    Happy days! made a healthy profit from Saint Are's 2nd place... WD to anyone who backed the winner!