You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What's your biggest downswing?

edited May 2015 in Poker Chat
Currently experiencing a small downswing in poker, and thought I'd share the misery and ask you all what your worst downswing is. So how much money you lost in total before things went your way again and what stakes you play at.
For me my worst downswing is around $300 on pokerstars playing anything between $3 and $11, £250 on sky playing mainly £11 bounty hunters with some £5.50's and the occassional £22 game thrown in.

Comments

• edited April 2015
    I had a -£2000 month playing £10-£50 tournaments accross sky/stars.. that was the most brutal downswing i have personally experienced
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: What's your biggest downswing?:
    I had a -£2000 month playing £10-£50 tournaments accross sky/stars.. that was the most brutal downswing i have personally experienced
    Posted by jordz16
    +1
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by jordz16
    That's impressively horrible!
  • edited April 2015
    How would you define a downswing?

% of bankroll lost ?

or

Cash lost?
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to What's your biggest downswing?:
    Currently experiencing a small downswing in poker, and thought I'd share the misery and ask you all what your worst downswing is. So how much money you lost in total before things went your way again and what stakes you play at. For me my worst downswing is around $300 on pokerstars playing anything between $3 and $11, £250 on sky playing mainly £11 bounty hunters with some £5.50's and the occassional £22 game thrown in.
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    Currently in the middle of my worst Sky downswing of -£700 over a period of months and doesn't look like ending any day soon!

Good luck to you and me!
  • edited April 2015
    I went 48 MTTs without a single cash*. Range of £2,20 Rebuys -> £11 games. Probably my worst

*Doesnt include head prizes
  • edited April 2015
    I fell off a swing when I was a boy, that one hurt the most.
  • edited April 2015
    For me i did $700 doing $0.30 - $5 tournaments across multiple sites in the space of two weeks. 
  • edited April 2015
    Downswing, lets see. I deposited £10/£20 in July 2011 and pretty much every couple 
    of weeks or so if not more since. Must of cost me a couple of grand.
    So here I am today 3 years and 9 months on still doing the same..sigh

It's not all bad news tho,
    The winter Olympics committee have decided 
    to use my sharkscope graph as a template 
    for the next down hill ski run.

Regards Alan (plo8 champion )   
  • edited April 2015
    I did £600 on sky on positive tilt after my biggest live cash (I thought I was invincible lol) that was at low stakes £3 £5 £11 touney BI's it took me a low stakes win and a main event 3rd place to repair the damage.

Alan, such a funny post mate, laughing with you not at you.  
  • edited April 2015
    personally myself went on a 500+ games on sky, not totally with out cashing but may aswell be as just a few min cashes in that run play mainly £11 to £55 mtts it was only last week that i won my first mtt for about 3 to 4 months the £55 bh so was a welcome break hopefully i can keep it going (note to self never play after being out on the raz all day,this is what i did on sunday in the ukops main event lasted all of 12 mins out first still have not looked at the hh to see how i managed to blow a 10k stack so quickly...)
  • edited April 2015
    I have been quite lucky in not having a downswing that lasts months and months but have had + and - $10,000+ days on stars.

Variance can be brutal at its worst I dont think I have ever come close to experiencing it quite at its worst.
  • edited April 2015
    How would you define a downswing? % of bankroll lost ? or Cash lost?
    Posted by VespaPX
    I'd define a downswing in terms of buy ins lost and cash lost. Most people are underolled so can lose 100% of their bankroll pretty quickly without even having much of a downswing.
  • edited April 2015
    real definition of a downswing would surely be x amount of time that you are not showing profit whilst PLAYING +EV POKER. Soe people are obviously on a lifelong downswing but are not winning players
  • edited April 2015
    suprised people are admitting there downswings n how much they lose i thought people only say about there wins and sucess not there losses ;)
  • edited April 2015
    Around the $18k mark. I ended up breaking even for around 7 months, mainly down to playing like a tool with a bit of run bad. Worst month was -$10k.
  • edited April 2015
    Putting £3k on a hand of Blackjack and being dealt a 13 versus a King.  Took me roughly two and a half hours to click my next action.
  • edited April 2015
    Putting £3k on a hand of Blackjack and being dealt a 13 versus a King.  Took me roughly two and a half hours to click my next action.
    Posted by TommyD
    and.......
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: What's your biggest downswing? : and.......
    Posted by Enut
    It was a 9
  • edited April 2015
    A lot of my downswings in the past were when I was playing low-rolled, so whilst monetary wise they were very bad they probably weren't very big downswings. 

Since taking up poker again a year and a half ago my biggest downswing was playing £10.5/£21 hypers where I dropped £2k. So somewhere between 100 and 150BIs
  • edited April 2015
    Also this must be the first forum thread where someone talking about a current downswing their having acknowledges it being a downswing/variance and not due to sky being rigged! WP :)
  • edited April 2015
    Not a downswing, but I once lost £200 betting on Hull City. Hull City for crying out loud! What was I thinking?

• edited April 2015
    Worst Downswing:

£12K/$18K on Stars playing $55-$215 tournaments, made me revert back to Sky as my main site.

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited April 2015
    Mine in days is 20 days.........

20 days and still stuck on level 395 on candy crush..... When will it end lol

• edited May 2015
    I forgot I posted this thread and only just got round to reading all the responses all of which either interested me or amused me. I'd try and revive this but fortunately poker has been going pretty well for me as of late 8) I'll eagerly share some misery when my fortunes inevitably turn. Anyone on a sickening downswing which they wish to share? 
  • edited May 2015
    Downswing, lets see. I deposited £10/£20 in July 2011 and pretty much every couple  of weeks or so if not more since. Must of cost me a couple of grand. So here I am today 3 years and 9 months on still doing the same..sigh It's not all bad news tho, The winter Olympics committee have decided  to use my sharkscope graph as a template  for the next down hill ski run. Regards Alan (plo8 champion )   
    Posted by ajmilton
    Well at least something kind of good came out of it! Just a shame that nobody watches the winter olympics 
  • edited May 2015
    Posted by TommyD
    Even with my extremely limited knowledge of blackjack I know that sucks, pretty sickening situation! How did it end?
  • edited May 2015
    Also this must be the first forum thread where someone talking about a current downswing their having acknowledges it being a downswing/variance and not due to sky being rigged! WP :)
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    I usually find it's the long term losers that start blaming their losses on the site. Still I appreciate the praise, even if it's praise for not being an idiot! :)
  • edited May 2015
    Not a downswing, but I once lost £200 betting on Hull City. Hull City for crying out loud! What was I thinking?
    Posted by BigBluster
    It happens, we all make mistakes. In future I'd recommend not betting on teams who's players snort coke. Even bloody Burnley managed to beat Hull and we never beat anyone!

The only football related bet I've ever made was on Leicester to get relegated. After my bet they went on to win 4 out of their 5 next games after being useless all season and are looking certain to stay up... so I can't really criticise your betting choice