You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

little help in this spot?

edited April 2015 in The Poker Clinic
1nkerman Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £39.90
iMilkerz Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £34.50
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

billytheki Fold        
_Wilson Fold        
mrdavies Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £21.12
WAYKO Fold        
Th1nkerman Call   £0.50 £1.40 £39.40
iMilkerz Call   £0.40 £1.80 £34.10
Flop

• A
  • J

Th1nkerman Check        
iMilkerz Check        
mrdavies Bet   £1.40 £3.20 £19.72
Th1nkerman Raise   £3.80 £7.00 £35.60
iMilkerz Fold        
mrdavies Fold        
Th1nkerman Muck        
Th1nkerman Win   £4.37   £39.97
Th1nkerman Return   £2.40 £0.23 £42.37

Comments

• edited April 2015
    I may be off here, but against that player and on that board I think you made a good exploitative fold.  Well played (I probably station off at least one more street and then moan at myself for being a fish before I fold almost all turns lol).

Only (true) non-value hand I think they'd get frisky with would be KQdd or KTdd that was happy to get it in and we're not even in an amazing spot vs that.

AJx totally hits your CO range (I'd guess) and there is still another player to act (who could easily be trapping themselves with hands like 22/AJo/JJ etc) so I can't see this player chucking out a pure bluff on the assumption that you are c-betting light.
  • edited April 2015
    MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY I GAVE HIT SET OF 2S OR Q10d... Even then he may flat q10 as he is so strong!!

Just felt like a fold agasint thinker...also I know you may think im fibbing lol but he took a long time to check which made me think straight away he was thinking to himslef how he should play this  'strong' hand.

I nearly checked but thought I had to bet and charge any draws and any re raise like that fold to thinker and get it in V the other
  • edited April 2015
    I think this is too tight. If you're going to fold TPTK to a check-raise then you're going to get exploited. You have to defend your c-bets and TPTK is good enough. Pot commitment isn't an issue as you're quite deep, so just call and re-evaluate on the turn. 
    I'd put him on either:
    - a set of deuces
    - a diamond draw
    - a smaller ace
    - AJ
    - complete air, as he knows you'll fold your hands to a check-raise.

Difficult to assign percentages to these, but if he knows that you'll fold to a CR, then complete air could be very likely, but my guess would be a diamond draw.

On the turn - Will he lead or check again? If he checks you clearly check back (and give him a free card for his diamond draw, hence the power of the check-raise).
    If a diamond comes he won't make any more money out of you. If a king comes you'll probably lose your stack. Anything else? Be creative.

• edited April 2015
    the fold is purely because of the player im against!
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: little help in this spot?:
    the fold is purely because of the player im against!
    Posted by mrdavies
    This is exactly why you should * out the name, to get some impartial advice.