You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A little tip for you...

edited April 2015 in Poker Chat
Hi there

Something that you might thank us for later....

You might have noticed we've been putting more on YouTube recently on the Sky Poker Channel we have there - https://www.youtube.com/skypokerchannel

Anyway, more will be going up on there on a regular basis. So we'd recommend subscribing to it so that you don't miss out some of the things that are going up. It's easy to do and you can even set notifications etc for when videos go live.

Watch out for more on this on there soon. We won't spoil the surprise, but let's just say freebies will likely be involved!

Thanks
Sky Poker

Comments

• edited April 2015

Will they make me a great player?
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: A little tip for you...:
    Will they make me a great player?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Wow tough ask for you! We can't promise you will be great but there's a good chance it will help you become better

• edited April 2015
    On it!!!

Tikay u not playjng your plo8 anymore. Havent seen u around playing?? Noticed your diary is on page 11... close to mine actually but i havent really played recently either. 
  • edited April 2015
    On it!!! Tikay u not playjng your plo8 anymore. Havent seen u around playing?? Noticed your diary is on page 11... close to mine actually but i havent really played recently either. 
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    March was the first month I never played at all Chris, & I missed it vey much.

I was just fatigued & stressed out after UKPC, plus all the 861 stuff was going on in the background, before it went public. I'd been with 861 over 8 years, so it was all a bit emotional & personal for me. I never even knew if I would still be with Sky Poker at the time. Then it was announced, & as you know, there was a goodly bit of unpleasantness (understandable) from people who were, naturally, upset at what had happened. So I was sitting on an extremely uncomfy chair.

So, especially with all the Community argy bargy & negativity, I just chilled in March, & tried to get offline in the evenings.  

I have a duty to make the case for the Business, but that's not to say the 861 thing did not affect me as much as anyone - it did. In fact it affected me MORE than most.  

And, previously, I've found that when I am playing on site, usually 5 or 6 tables at a time, the negativity is posted in the chat box, & people expect me to discuss & defend what Sky Poker are doing. It just ruined my enjoyment, I play poker to relax, & chill, not argue. How can I play 6 Tables & debate that sort of stuff?

I might just return to playing next week, I miss it very much. I was hoping to get my Sky Poker Bankroll to £2,000 before Vegas, too (think I am about £1,762 at present), and that helps my Vegas Bankroll - I play to fly out end of May & play a goodly few Events. I still have the money I won at the Sky Poker UKPC Omaha last year tucked away under the mattress, too, or most of it. Can't begin to tell you how much I enjoy playing PLO & PLO8, it's my 2nd favourite activity these days.
      Vegas can cost a LOT of money, though. I made money there every year, & then last year, I knocked it in, had a horror time at the tables, lol.

Anyway, thank you for the question, & if I can summon up the energy, I'll be back playing Online very soon.

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: A little tip for you... : March was the first month I never played at all Chris, & I missed it vey much.   I was just fatigued & stressed out after UKPC, plus all the 861 stuff was going on in the background, before it went public. I'd been with 861 over 8 years, so it was all a bit emotional & personal for me. I never even knew if I would still be with Sky Poker at the time. Then it was announced, & as you know, there was a goodly bit of unpleasantness (understandable) from people who were, naturally, upset at what had happened. So I was sitting on an extremely uncomfy chair. So, especially with all the Community argy bargy & negativity, I just chilled in March, & tried to get offline in the evenings.   I have a duty to make the case for the Business, but that's not to say the 861 thing did not affect me as much as anyone - it did. In fact it affected me MORE than most.   And, previously, I've found that when I am playing on site, usually 5 or 6 tables at a time, the negativity is posted in the chat box, & people expect me to discuss & defend what Sky Poker are doing. It just ruined my enjoyment, I play poker to relax, & chill, not argue. How can I play 6 Tables & debate that sort of stuff? I might just return to playing next week, I miss it very much. I was hoping to get my Sky Poker Bankroll to £2,000 before Vegas, too (think I am about £1,762 at present), and that helps my Vegas Bankroll - I play to fly out end of May & play a goodly few Events. I still have the money I won at the Sky Poker UKPC Omaha last year tucked away under the mattress, too, or most of it. Can't begin to tell you how much I enjoy playing PLO & PLO8, it's my 2nd favourite activity these days.   Vegas can cost a LOT of money, though. I made money there every year, & then last year, I knocked it in, had a horror time at the tables, lol.   Anyway, thank you for the question, & if I can summon up the energy, I'll be back playing Online very soon.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Look forward to your return.I will of course donate towards your Vegas jolly.

Best Regards,
                                           Eon