You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday Super Roller - changes to payout structure.

edited April 2015 in Poker Chat

Good morning.

Some changes to this are going to be trialled, starting this Sunday, & for an indefinite period. They are not set in stone, but they won't be changed after a week or two, they need some time to settle.

More & more matters are being looked at, tweaked, hopefully improved, & this is just one of them.

Sky Poker also want to try & have a dialogue with players on these sort of things, hence the thread, it's just an attempt to keep players better informed.

I'll outline the changes shortly, but first up, why the changes?

More follows..... 

Comments

• edited April 2015

These are the Bullet Points, & I'll Post some examples in the next Post.

Pays out ~20% more places

Middle and lower places are awarded better value prizes than previously.

Removes small percentages from the top places to make up for this.

For example if the Super Roller had 200 runners:

30 places would be paid out compared to the original 23.

First place would win £4,400 instead of £5,372 (22% instead of 26%).

Places 11 to 22 would get paid out slightly more.

Places 22 to 30 will now get paid at least double the buy-in compared to nothing previously.
  • edited April 2015

If we look at 150 runners......

22 places would be paid out compared to the original 18

First place would win £3,750 instead of £4,087 (25% instead of 27.5%).

Places 13 to 22 would get paid out slightly more.

• edited April 2015

For now, these changes will be trialled in the Super Roller only.

They MAY be extended to other Freezeouts.

They will NOT be extended to Bounty Hunters, which have, of course, a totally different dynamic.
  • edited April 2015

hi tikay,

what formula is used to calculate the number of places that cash?

thanks.

• edited April 2015

All feedback welcome, but can we please keep it on topic.

This is for payout structures only.
  • edited April 2015

and is this change applied only to the sunday roller?

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Sunday Super Roller - changes to payout structure.:
    hi tikay, what formula is used to calculate the number of places that cash? thanks.
    Posted by aussie09
    Hi Rob,

I have no idea, to be honest.

I do have a speadsheet with every variable, from 6 runners up to 400, & with places paid from 1 place (6 runners) to 60 places (400 runners), but I can't actually copy that, & I don't know what the formulae are.

I don't think I should publish the Spready, but am happy to take, & reply where possible, to any questions.

• edited April 2015
    and is this change applied only to the sunday roller?
    Posted by aussie09
    For now, yes - see my previous Post about that.

For now, JUST the Sunday Roller.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Sunday Super Roller - changes to payout structure. : Hi Rob, I have no idea, to be honest. I do have a speadsheet with every variable, from 6 runners up to 400, & with places paid from 1 place (6 runners) to 60 places (400 runners), but I can't actually copy that, & I don't know what the formulae are. I don't think I should publish the Spready, but am happy to take, & reply where possible, to any questions.  
    Posted by Tikay10

i understand not publishing the whole table, i am not asking about percentage payouts just the number of places.  it is simply a list something like...

runners              places paid

1-6                         2
    7-15                       3

etc

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Sunday Super Roller - changes to payout structure. : i understand not publishing the whole table, i am not asking about percentage payouts just the number of places.  it is simply a list something like... runners              places paid 1-6                         2 7-15                       3 etc
    Posted by aussie09

Yeah, I can do that, & will do so shortly.

I don't have EVERY permutation, but I have 20 examples, ranging from 1 place to 60 places.

Bear with me please, am spinning a few plates right now.

At some stage, it will be published somewhere on the site, I would imagine.

• edited April 2015
    This is a long time coming. The one that needs the most change is the Tuesday Turbo, for a £10 BI the pay jumps are far to small early on and far too big for the top three. 

Pay jumps should be smaller in turbos (where skill edge is smaller) and bigger the deeper the structure. 
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Sunday Super Roller - changes to payout structure. : Yeah, I can do that, & will do so shortly. I don't have EVERY permutaton, but I have 20 examples, ranging from 1 place to 60 places. Bear with me please, am spinning a few plates right now.  
    Posted by Tikay10

luxury...

i have to spin plates, wearing a full clowns outfit, juggling four apples and playing bohemian rhapsody on my stylophone.  even that would be fine were it not for the need to do so whilst riding my unicycle through all these flaming hoops.

• edited April 2015

Eventually something like this will be published.

• edited April 2015
    Eventually something like  this  will be published.
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    yes, like that one but with the new number of places. 

no matter, i will wait and see on sunday.

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Sunday Super Roller - changes to payout structure. : i understand not publishing the whole table, i am not asking about percentage payouts just the number of places.  it is simply a list something like... runners              places paid 1-6                         2 7-15                       3 etc
    Posted by aussie09
    Hi Rob,

I don't know the exact "bands", but I do have placed paid for 20 different examples.

The first figure is the number of runners, the 2nd figure is places paid.

6 - 2

10 - 3

30 - 6

40 - 7

60 - 9

70 - 11

80 - 12

90 - 13

100 - 16

130 - 18

150 - 22

180 - 27

200 - 30

230 - 34

260 - 39

300 - 45

340 - 50

400 - 60

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Sunday Super Roller - changes to payout structure. : Hi Rob, I don't know the exact "bands", but I do have placed paid for 20 different examples. The first figure is the number of runners, the 2nd figure is places paid. 6 - 2 10 - 3 30 - 6 40 - 7 60 - 9 70 - 11 80 - 12 90 - 13 100 - 16 130 - 18 150 - 22 180 - 27 200 - 30 230 - 34 260 - 39 300 - 45 340 - 50 400 - 60   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tikay
    Sorry to Hijack....can you check your pm's ref: Orfordable, entries still not in yet
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Sunday Super Roller - changes to payout structure. : Hi Tikay Sorry to Hijack....can you check your pm's ref: Orfordable, entries still not in yet
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Hi Trevor,

I sent these up to Leeds at 0840 last Saturday.

I've no idea what has gone wrong, but I can't do anything to rectify it tonight I'm afraid, the chap I send them to has left the office for the day.

Sincere apologies - I shall have to re-arrange them for next Friday.

Sorry.