You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

grand national freeroll

edited April 2015 in Poker Chat
im all for sky so this isnt a moan lol . just a suggestion regarding freerolls . why do they have to be 3 minute blind limits. this forces the players who have no idea to just go in with anything.  it force good players to go in with anything aswell. we need to teach the players to play properly and the only way to do that is to have 7 to ten min blinds .this will sort out whos the better player in my oppinion. if the players who have no patience cant play the ten min blinds then they dont deserve to luck box there way to 200 pound . if i win this i luck boxed it lol

Comments

• edited April 2015
    most FRs should be 3min blinds, the bigger prizepools maybe 5min blinds
  • edited April 2015
    To be fair Reeler, a freeroll with hundreds of runners and 7-10 min blinds is gonna take ages to complete and frustrate a load of people I imagine!

Even with 3 min blinds, there is still skill; knowing when to push or fold, calling ranges, what spots to take and which ones to pass up. Granted, it is a bit more gambly, but its the nature of the beast. If you can adjust your game to the structure and type of player participating, then you'll be fine.

Good luck in it! :)
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: grand national freeroll:
    To be fair Reeler, a freeroll with hundreds of runners and 7-10 min blinds is gonna take ages to complete and frustrate a load of people I imagine! Even with 3 min blinds, there is still skill; knowing when to push or fold, calling ranges, what spots to take and which ones to pass up. Granted, it is a bit more gambly, but its the nature of the beast. If you can adjust your game to the structure and type of player participating, then you'll be fine. Good luck in it! :)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    i know what your saying and agree with ya to a point but 3 mins is still a pisstake for a prize of 200 pounds just my oppinion m8
  • edited April 2015
    3 mins is perfect. The expected value of playing the freeroll is somewhere between £2 and £4 depending on how good you are (probably £2.5 on avg) - you don't want to be playing any more than 2 hours for a free-roll with that expected value and if blinds were 7 mins it would be.
  • edited April 2015
    3 mins is perfect. The expected value of playing the freeroll is somewhere between £2 and £4 depending on how good you are (probably £2.5 on avg) - you don't want to be playing any more than 2 hours for a free-roll with that expected value and if blinds were 7 mins it would be.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    i just donked myself 20 pound lol i was 1st place with 33 left went all in with 77 on a 7kq board he truned over kk  grrrrr lol if i won that i was confident of winning the 200 pound he was 2nd in the stack so i was out next hand lol oh well 20m pound better than nothing eh 
  • edited April 2015

3 minutes is obviously too short, you get to 10 bigs before you get round twice, then all the skill is taken out of it. ANY STUPID BINGO PLAYER COULD WIN!!

67Bhoys25260001£200pluto64902£120WMCOOK03£80flyrod04£60

• edited April 2015
    3 minutes is obviously too short, you get to 10 bigs before you get round twice, then all the skill is taken out of it. ANY STUPID BINGO PLAYER COULD WIN!! 67Bhoys 2526000 1 £200 pluto649 0 2 £120 WMCOOK 0 3 £80 flyrod 0 4 £60
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    If carlsberg did brags posts :)
  • edited April 2015
    I might have a few carlsbergs  :)
  • edited April 2015
    I might have a few carlsbergs  :)
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    nice one mate wp
  • edited April 2015
    3 minutes is obviously too short, you get to 10 bigs before you get round twice, then all the skill is taken out of it. ANY STUPID BINGO PLAYER COULD WIN!! 67Bhoys 2526000 1 £200 pluto649 0 2 £120 WMCOOK 0 3 £80 flyrod 0 4 £60
    Posted by 67Bhoys

Craig is kindly buying beers and chit :)
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by 67Bhoys

House!

VWP Craig. 
  • edited April 2015
    love 3 min blinds
  • edited April 2015
    I loved the 3 mins blinds in this, won £2, but the jump at the end from 300k blinds to 800k blinds would of only made sense if nearer the 2500 seats had been taken though, because the last two had less than 2 BB's, so no HU play, it was any 2 cards first hand and tourney was won with 10 2 off..
  • edited April 2015

I suppose it's an age thing, & I plead guilty, but we live in a day & age where even giving away money seems to upset some. This was a £2,000 (or whatever) Freeroll, & yet I saw it described as a "p*sstake".

I'm definitely out of step, it seems.  

• edited April 2015
    In life, there are moaners. Give them £50 & they moan it isn't more.

Just ignore them.
  • edited April 2015
    Loved this FR 

and love the payout structure and alot more people cash 

Change the others to this structure, 
  • edited April 2015

Ridiculous Tikay. I say give out more money and more often and make the blinds 1 minute so people can get their money quicker!

(hard to please everyone, thought this was a good effort at doing so).
  • edited April 2015
     Ridiculous Tikay. I say give out more money and more often and make the blinds 1 minute so people can get their money quicker!  (hard to please everyone, thought this was a good effort at doing so).
    Posted by NChanning
    Marv, don't YOU start.
  • edited April 2015
    I thought it was excellent!
  • edited April 2015
    3 mins is fine for free rolls they are supposed to be a bit of fun. So it reduces the skill level required to win, good luck to them I say. It was nice to see that with the skill factor removed others could manage the top 20
  • edited April 2015
    3 mins is fine for free rolls they are supposed to be a bit of fun. So it reduces the skill level required to win, good luck to them I say. It was nice to see that with the skill factor removed others could manage the top 20
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    Yeah exactly.

And look who won it! Clearly every ounce of skill was completely removed, eh Craig :)
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: grand national freeroll : Yeah exactly. And look who won it! Clearly every ounce of skill was completely removed, eh Craig :)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I agree 110%
  • edited April 2015
    Even I got in the top 20, proof that no lack of skill is not a handicap ��