You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Point and cash freerolls

I notice that the points required to enter freerolls has increased substantially and although a regular player i only participate on the lower stakes tables.  I only play for fun but am sure sky has a fair rake from my play each month.  i do not propose playing more to increase my points.  Any thoughts about thisd anybody?

Comments

• edited April 2015
    It simply depends on which free rolls you mean. The VLV free rolls have massive potential value, therefore expectation to earn a few more points to play is completely fair IMO. Other free rolls require much less 
  • edited April 2015
    In the same way that there is "no such thing as a free lunch" I find that Freerolls are not Free but depend usually on having played and earned points during the previous 24 hours. I think this is unfair and could in fact encourage players to play more often( probably the reasoning behind it) I feel that players like myself wjho do not play daily and have a small limited budget should be able to save and use poker ponts at any time and that entry to Freerolls should not be restricted to those ponts earned in previous 24 hours as like myself there must be many members who cannot play on consececutive days and thus lose the opportunity of using points earned
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Point and cash freerolls:
    In the same way that there is "no such thing as a free lunch" I find that Freerolls are not Free but depend usually on having played and earned points during the previous 24 hours. I think this is unfair and could in fact encourage players to play more often( probably the reasoning behind it) I feel that players like myself wjho do not play daily and have a small limited budget should be able to save and use poker ponts at any time and that entry to Freerolls should not be restricted to those ponts earned in previous 24 hours as like myself there must be many members who cannot play on consececutive days and thus lose the opportunity of using points earned
    Posted by basilcat
    Why on earth should freerolls be entirely devoid of conditions?

They are ostensibly freerolls for the majority of players, because they are not going out of their way to get into them. Most players will just play their normal games and the points they accumulate doing so will gain them entry to the target freerolls.

People are always whinging that they want something for nothing.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Point and cash freerolls : Why on earth should freerolls be entirely devoid of conditions? They are ostensibly freerolls for the majority of players,   because they are not going out of their way to get into them. Most players will just play their normal games and the points they accumulate doing so will gain them entry to the target freerolls. People are always whinging that they want something for nothing.
    Posted by Slipwater
    Whilst I agree with your overall statement Bri I feel that the term freeroll is misleading when points are needed to enter them. I have posted on this a number of times and respectfully suggest that these tournaments should be called pointrolls or some other such name. I very rarely play freerolls  but for the sake of accuracy I feel this would be a good change.
  • edited May 2015
    I agree with BasilCat, i have around 1000 accumulated poker points sitting on my account that i can only use on 10/20pts tourneys! would be better if they had tourneys with bigger points buy ins with bigger prizes. as most dont play loads in a 24 hour period
  • edited May 2015
    there should be more opportunities to use your poker chips at present not enough tournaments available
  • edited May 2015
    there should be more opportunities to use your poker chips at present not enough tournaments available
    Posted by pauljs2102
    This is where I am going wrong.... I use all my chips in one mtt. I should stop half way and build them up to use in another mtt and start with a bigger stack. Now just to find the withdraw button in game.......
  • edited May 2015
    I agree with BasilCat, i have around 1000 accumulated poker points sitting on my account that i can only use on 10/20pts tourneys! would be better if they had tourneys with bigger points buy ins with bigger prizes. as most dont play loads in a 24 hour period
    Posted by SamZed19
    totally agree
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Point and cash freerolls : william hill is better, dozens of REAL freerolls each day with no buy in , points builders,club events , tournament tokens , more cash/SnG choice bye bye sky !
    Posted by joynt
    yeh bye see you in a month, just like every other time u leave