You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Your favoured format: MTT

Right, simple enough question - we've got quite a few different formats of MTTs here on Sky Poker. Which ones do you like and why? Any of them you really can't get into? Discuss. 

(Note: I didn't put Deepstack on the list. I was having a blonde moment. I get them. Use 'Other' if you're into your Deepstacks. Thanks all!)

Comments

• edited January 2010

Double Stack FTW!

To be honest, I'd play most of the "Main Events" as long as the new improved structure remained intact. I would cease to play them if the structures were restored to their previous structure, though.

If there were more Omaha Tourneys, I'd cease playing Hold Em though. I adore Omaha Tourneys. Right now, we pnly have 2 x £200 Guaranteed's each day, & I know that the demand for more is not there yet. I wish it were. I guess they'll come with time, if...a) the Players support them, & b) Sky Poker give us the Tourneys.
  • edited January 2010
    I voted for James Akenhead.
  • edited January 2010
    Well my favorite is definitely the deep stacks.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Your favoured format: MTT:
    I voted for James Akenhead.
    Posted by MereNovice
    ♥ this :D
  • edited January 2010

Doublestack! - Assuming ur not classing this as the, in my opinion, tedious 'deepstack'? - they are very different. (I see deepstack isn't an option so they must be the same? :( 

Theres plenty of chips for play early on, but the blind structure is alot better than the deepstack, you have to get busy after the first hour, whereas the deepstack you can sit out for 90 mins, literally, sit back in, and go on to final table.

The deepstack gets the ratio of chips/blind levels spot on for me, they also fall on my main poker nights, wednesdays and fridays :)

DOHH
  • edited January 2010
    As the deepstacks aren't listed I had to vote "other".  I do play the top three listed games as well but I prefer the deepstacks.
  • edited January 2010
    Er... well, most of em, except chip n a chair and BH tbh.
  • edited January 2010
    My least favourite are the Bounty Hunters, just can't get my head around them. Favourite is a toss up between the 10/12min blinds and the proper deepies.
  • edited January 2010
    Anything that isn't a turbo, Anything less than a 10 min blind structure I wont play.

Salazar 
  • edited January 2010
    my favourites would be the omaha if there were more but as tk says there isn't a great demand for them on here as of yet
    woud also like to see an occasional re-buy tournament
  • edited January 2010
    i c deep stack is not there so my vote goes 2 .others.
  • edited January 2010
    I voted other for deepstack

deepstacks are the way forward
  • edited January 2010
    Double/deepstack, but it needs the long blinds to go with it, 12/15 min blinds (unless your talking about the open with 400+ runners then 10 is fine.)
  • edited January 2010
     The 22 deepie is one of the toughest to win, but doesnt attract big fields, which means the financial reward for winning it maybe doesnt match the time and effort put in.Last night was typical... £90 1st prize for almost 4 hours struggle.And sometimes the first five levels can be tedious. Double stacks offer a good balance, unlike normal tournies they can be played with a little patience.
    I bet that in this vote BHs get little support but why are they so popular? I have given up playing tournies during the day, because there is nothing except the hourly BH.
    A year ago there were regular 500 gtd tournies with £10/20 buyins, and they used to attract good fields of good players,maybe doublestack versions of these would succeed.
    Personally the tourny I miss most is the old Elite 50.It used to attract the same top players, while still allowing lower level guys the opportunity to satellite in for a shot at big bucks. The TV coverage focusing on studio "celebrities" rather than the players didnt make the best of the opportunity offered.
  • edited January 2010
    I picked double stack for the choices given.  Deepstack everyday if given the choice though.
  • edited January 2010
    Voted for the Double stack then read the thread and realised everyone was voting other for deep stack.  Not to take his name in vain but D'ohhhhhh.

It's been mentioned before in another thread but I'd also liked to see weekly or monthly bigger buy in tourneys.  I would also like to see more supported 9/10 handers but I can't see that happening here in the near future
  • edited January 2010
    deep stacks for me!!--only the best and most handsome players survive in these

I won the 8.15 tonight-lol
  • edited January 2010
    Deepstacks are the way forward to help improve your game.
    It is a pity there aren't any £1.15 deep stack games. I can only afford the £2.20 deep stack games if I have had a good run on the DYM games.
  • edited January 2010
    Double Stack FTW! To be honest, I'd play most of the "Main Events" as long as the new improved structure remained intact. I would cease to play them if the structures were restored to their previous structure, though. If there were more Omaha Tourneys, I'd cease playing Hold Em though. I adore Omaha Tourneys. Right now, we pnly have 2 x £200 Guaranteed's each day, & I know that the demand for more is not there yet. I wish it were. I guess they'll come with time, if...a) the Players support them, & b) Sky Poker give us the Tourneys.
    Posted by Tikay10
    nailed it there tikay.nowhere near enough omaha yet and what a terrific game it is.i am playing this virtually all of the time now both mtts and cash.i am very very pleased you are such a fan as this can only help even more in getting more of these put on.dav
  • edited January 2010

deepstack's are my fav. so voted other as they are not listed are sky thinking of getting rid? hope not  dtw
  • edited January 2010
    i think Dave just missed it off DTW - Don't worry
  • edited January 2010
    Got it in one. To be honest I've always seen Deep and Double Stacks as similar beasts - nice to see that the Sky Poker collective love each for their own reasons though! :)
  • edited January 2010
    Regulars get my vote when i am able to play, my days off always seem to be on BH nights cant get into those things.
  • edited January 2010
    I have gone for other as there is no deep stack option :( deepstacks FTW!!!!
  • edited January 2010
    dave is the vote leading to anything or is it just a question you felt like asking?
  • edited January 2010
    Had to vote "other" as deepstack is my option. I suppose i could get into the "regulars" if my bankroll allowed.
  • edited January 2010
    dave is the vote leading to anything or is it just a question you felt like asking?
    Posted by DELTA
    No, it was just a question/conversation point I thought could be raised for the sake of seeing what floats people's poker boats. It's not intended as anything more than that, mere curiosity on my part :)
  • edited January 2010
    DEEPIES!!!!

cant tolerate bounty hunters!!
  • edited January 2010
    Hi Dave  I dont see 10 seater  tournaments   on your list  .. They would be  my  preference .. 

So the regular gets my  vote   :))
  • edited January 2010
    deepstacks without a doubt, as regard to the structure changes is a lot better but its still to much of a krap shoot, 10 min clock on a 6 handed table is still to fast, iv noticed that they have reduced the tv mtts so why not make the 8pm untelivised 10 handed and also tweaking the clock maybe to 15 mins would be good, by doing this im sure it would attract more players