You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

just a few words before I pack my bags and leave poker for good

edited April 2015 in Poker Chat
Just before I go, I want to say a few things.
I am fairly new to sky poker but had played poker for roughly 6 years amassing roughly 17k profit, roughly a year ago, I just found that I have fallen out of love with online poker! Kept playing on and off to see if the magic comes back,
The constant abuse at the tables and in forums leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, I play for enjoyment, I am a rec who has been extremely lucky to have won a few big tournaments over the years, I don't mind donating a couple of hundred a month if I'm enjoying it! 
Nobody talks on the tables except for the usual abuse! 
As for all the collusion stories, poker is rife with cheating! Anybody would be a fool to not think it, but generally as games get tougher and the REC's are disappearing then people have to find a new edge.
As for all the t I t for tat between rival teams, its pathetic! Get a grip, get a life! 
There are still honest hardworking people out there, that play the game as its supposed to be but they are few and far between.
I fear for online poker as everybody is squeezed through tougher games and increased rake.
This is not a I hate sky thread, but a I hate how poker is evolving.
So with a heavy heart I say goodbye to poker! 

Comments

• edited April 2015
    Good luck in your pursuits.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to just a few words before I pack my bags and leave poker for good:
    Just before I go, I want to say a few things. I am fairly new to sky poker but had played poker for roughly 6 years amassing roughly 17k profit, roughly a year ago, I just found that I have fallen out of love with online poker! Kept playing on and off to see if the magic comes back, The constant abuse at the tables and in forums leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, I play for enjoyment, I am a rec who has been extremely lucky to have won a few big tournaments over the years, I don't mind donating a couple of hundred a month if I'm enjoying it!  Nobody talks on the tables except for the usual abuse!  As for all the collusion stories, poker is rife with cheating! Anybody would be a fool to not think it, but generally as games get tougher and the REC's are disappearing then people have to find a new edge. As for all the t I t for tat between rival teams, its pathetic! Get a grip, get a life!  There are still honest hardworking people out there, that play the game as its supposed to be but they are few and far between. I fear for online poker as everybody is squeezed through tougher games and increased rake. This is not a I hate sky thread, but a I hate how poker is evolving. So with a heavy heart I say goodbye to poker! 
    Posted by lovelyrach
    Is a tough old world. Agree collusion is a worry especially when known about for 6 weeks

Best of luck with future endeavours 
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: just a few words before I pack my bags and leave poker for good:
    In Response to just a few words before I pack my bags and leave poker for good : Is a tough old world. Agree collusion is a worry especially when known about for 6 weeks Best of luck with future endeavours 
    Posted by Nuggy962
    when collusion is spotted,which it will be measures are taken cheats never prosper
  • edited April 2015
    Hey Rach

The game will always be there, if you ever want a tournie.

I agree it's pretty poor when "regs" mass tabling don't talk or interact in the chat box. It's defo something players should do more often.

Please don't be misled by the recent debacle to do with teams/ collusion and the threads on various sites.

The team's since I've been playing on Sky have always been popular and for banter, most members if not all members, are recreational players and the vast majority play low stake games. It is, or should be, about fun.

As far as i'm aware up to about 6 months ago/ 1 year ago that's all it was a bit of fun. With great banter between the teams, especially on Ft's in the dtd games.

More recently, however, there has been a group of individuals who have been very vocal and a lot of "controversy".

This has emanated from a very small % of players associated with  team(s).

It's really unfortunate it has happened and the image it is created for an outsider looking in.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: just a few words before I pack my bags and leave poker for good:
    Hey Rach The game will always be there, if you ever want a tournie. I agree it's pretty poor when "regs" mass tabling don't talk or interact in the chat box. It's defo something players should do more often. Please don't be misled by the recent debacle to do with teams/ collusion and the threads on various sites. The team's since I've been playing on Sky have always been popular and for banter, most members if not all members, are recreational players and the vast majority play low stake games. It is, or should be, about fun. As far as i'm aware up to about 6 months ago/ 1 year ago that's all it was a bit of fun. With great banter between the teams, especially on Ft's in the dtd games. More recently, however, there has been a group of individuals who have been very vocal and a lot of "controversy". This has emanated from a very small % of players associated with  team(s). It's really unfortunate it has happened and the image it is created for an outsider looking in.
    Posted by LARSON7

name names Larson, don't be shy when gobbing off :)

Bye Rach.... gl in life :)
  • edited April 2015
    If you want fun then play the plo8 dyms....simple...
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: just a few words before I pack my bags and leave poker for good : name names Larson, don't be shy when gobbing off :) Bye Rach.... gl in life :)
    Posted by samantha25
    Is this what is being refered to sam?

Alan Holland A successful campaign Sam. Remind me never to cross you ...... 
    5 hrs · Like
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: just a few words before I pack my bags and leave poker for good : Is this what is being refered to sam? Alan Holland   A successful campaign Sam. Remind me never to cross you ......  5 hrs  ·  Like
    Posted by -Typhoon-
    If you've got something to say, Typhoon - don't stutter.

Sam won't.
  • edited April 2015
    Think more before you leave, or as the saying goes don't throw out the baby with the bath water. In an attempt to answer your questions starting with abuse in the chat box, this is not new I have been playing online poker for longer than you and I assure you it happened before you started playing and will continue in the future. A lot of it is banter in the eyes of the perpretator, some of it is between friends who will meet up later for their pub/home game, and some of it is pure frustration as their A-A loses for the 3rd time running, there are much fewer nasty people than you think, it is just that those are the ones that want to get noticed. Just accept they are having fun or a bad day today. People not chatting in the chat box, well some people just don't because they feel uncomfortable doing it, some because they find it distracts them, and some because they can't as they are multi tabling. If I am not multi tabling (usually above 4, I can cope at that level) I am quite happy to chat if people want to, but I respect their decision not to as well, usually I find I have had a few chats during an evening. You say cheating is rife in poker, you are both right and wrong, as always a little seems a lot, for instance you won't see on a forum ; an anonymous player named Sir-Gary came 321st out of 322 in the bounty hunter and all the evidence proves he was not cheating, we should ban him as clearly he has covered up all the evidence. Again all I can say is that there is both far worse going on than this case and also far less than you think. This happens everywhere though, I have heard of cheating in the local dominoes league, if you avoid things because some people abuse it what ever it is then you will have nothing left. Teams though they could produce some problems are generally fun and I have enjoyed banter between and within the teams it really is only a very small percentage.
    So think carefully before you leave, but if you decide to anyway I wish you luck for the future.