You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Your Vegas Favourites

2»

Comments

• edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Your Vegas Favourites:
     I have a slightly weird hidden gem and in a way I don't even like it.  If ever I get miserable in Vegas I always go to "The Secret Gardens of Seigfried and Roy". S and R were a massive attraction, the headline act, not just at the Mirage, but in the whole town, in the 80s and 90s. They did a spectacular magic act that included wild animals, they made an elephant disappear and they strode onto the stage with lions and tigers in their camp and glitzy Vegas costumes. It was said that the animals all lived a fantastic life on a huge ranch but a few years ago I stayed in a big mansion with a load of people. The mansion had once been owned by S and R and there were sheds in the grounds that had big scratch marks along the wooden partitions inside them.  Anyway, the animals that are used in that week's show would stay in a small "zoo" behind the Mirage set in beautiful gardens.I guess that would save them being transported around so often. One day during the act Roy was mauled by a tiger and seriously injured. That was the end of the S and R show but of course they still had the zoo in it's fantastic gardens and so they had to really keep the rare white tigers and lions, the elephant (who dies a few years ago) and the panthers and cheetah. The Secret Gardens remains open each day as a zoo and it also has a dolphinareum.  It costs about $20 to go to the gardens and I go at least twice every trip.  I'm definitely not sure how I feel about these amazing animals being kept in quite small enclosures in a zoo in the middle of a desert where it's 100 degrees but they do certainly seem to be very well cared for and they are amazing. It takes my breathe away to get up close to them and I find it surreal that all this is happening in the middle of Vegas.  That is my hidden gem really but if you do just want to stand somewhere quiet and have thoughts to yourself and never be disturbed and think about the world you can stand under the Arc de Triomphe at Paris which is in the middle of the turning circle for cabs and nobody will ever notice you are there.  For food I do think of Hugo's Cellar as a little hidden treasure.
    Posted by NChanning
    Are these the same lions that used to perform in the foyer at the MGM Grand? (Before 1 got a bit "chompy"...)
  • edited June 2015

Different lions, they really did seem to have a miserable life, living in a Perspex box indoors. I hated that.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Your Vegas Favourites:
     I have a slightly weird hidden gem and in a way I don't even like it.  If ever I get miserable in Vegas I always go to "The Secret Gardens of Seigfried and Roy". S and R were a massive attraction, the headline act, not just at the Mirage, but in the whole town, in the 80s and 90s. They did a spectacular magic act that included wild animals, they made an elephant disappear and they strode onto the stage with lions and tigers in their camp and glitzy Vegas costumes. It was said that the animals all lived a fantastic life on a huge ranch but a few years ago I stayed in a big mansion with a load of people. The mansion had once been owned by S and R and there were sheds in the grounds that had big scratch marks along the wooden partitions inside them.  Anyway, the animals that are used in that week's show would stay in a small "zoo" behind the Mirage set in beautiful gardens.I guess that would save them being transported around so often. One day during the act Roy was mauled by a tiger and seriously injured. That was the end of the S and R show but of course they still had the zoo in it's fantastic gardens and so they had to really keep the rare white tigers and lions, the elephant (who dies a few years ago) and the panthers and cheetah. The Secret Gardens remains open each day as a zoo and it also has a dolphinareum.  It costs about $20 to go to the gardens and I go at least twice every trip.  I'm definitely not sure how I feel about these amazing animals being kept in quite small enclosures in a zoo in the middle of a desert where it's 100 degrees but they do certainly seem to be very well cared for and they are amazing. It takes my breathe away to get up close to them and I find it surreal that all this is happening in the middle of Vegas.  That is my hidden gem really but if you do just want to stand somewhere quiet and have thoughts to yourself and never be disturbed and think about the world you can stand under the Arc de Triomphe at Paris which is in the middle of the turning circle for cabs and nobody will ever notice you are there.  For food I do think of Hugo's Cellar as a little hidden treasure.
    Posted by NChanning
    I am sooooooooooooooo jealous! Ever since I was little that's the only reason why I really wanted to go to Vegas. To see the white tigers at the secret garden. I so love white tigers always have. Also to go visit the little Alien Inn near Area 51 and to go on the stratosphere rollercoaster. Have seen they have got a new ride there and would love to go on that too! Thank you for that information it's stored away so when me and Rose qualify for Vegas next year  we  know where we will be heading either before or after the tables.