You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

looking for a bet on the snooker.. Ronnie all the way?!

edited May 2015 in Betting Chat
just looking for a fun bet on the snooker anyone tell me of any value or good prices? or should i just go with super Ronnie??

Comments

• edited April 2015
    In Response to looking for a bet on the snooker.. Ronnie all the way?!:
    just looking for a fun bet on the snooker anyone tell me of any value or good prices? or should i just go with super Ronnie??
    Posted by mrdavies
    I think Judd is a good shout this year. 11/2 not a great price but fair enough IMO. Sky have got an enchanced odds on Ronnie atm and again can't go too wrong with backing Ronnie at that price. I don't fancy Ding to win it and indeed his odds have gone from 8/1 a few months back to 16/1....but anything can happen and he's more than good enough when playing well, so it's a good outside shot.

I had a bet a couple of months back on Shaun Murhphy - he was 20/1 back then and I don't think there's any value now at his current price but he is in good form and more than capable!

• edited April 2015
    id definitely be against ronnie this year, even though im a huge fan of his, of the favourites Judd would be the one id be most keen to back at the prices, Selby has to deal with the curse of his first world championship win. so id definitely be against him... if you are looking for an outside shot then Joe Peryy at 80/1 looks very good each way value, i have backed him to win his quarter.
  • edited April 2015
    What a brilliant start to the tournament, Selby going to the wire. Classic crucible. 

Had Maflin and Hull for highest tournament break @ 150/1 and 100/1 respectively. 

Also done Hull +5.5 frames v Murphy @ 5/6. 

Agree Perry great value @ 80/1 but I missed the price by milesssss. 

Trump no chance :P

If I had to bet outright, it'd be Robertson for me! 
  • edited April 2015
    ronnie 9/4 is no value i bet on mark williams 66/1 ante post about a month ago he now 25/1 and ding junui at 20/1 is a big price
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: looking for a bet on the snooker.. Ronnie all the way?!:
    ronnie 9/4 is no value i bet on mark williams 66/1 ante post about a month ago he now 25/1 and ding junui at 20/1 is a big price
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Mark Williams has had a decent season but wouldn't let that fool me into thinking he has a chance at the world championships..... he won't have stamina anymore to come close to winning the event. Even at 66/1 just throwing money away.

Watching Robertson play today and listening to his interview about how he put a ton of practice in before the event I'm already regretting the bets I placed recently and wish I'd backed Robertson! Ding looked terrible today was super lucky to only be losing 4-3. Ronnie and Trump haven't played yet but their prices are very short - although Ronnie is not 9/4 but 13/5 on skybet still not enough value. Still liking my 20/1 bet I had on Murphy - was only reason I even placed bets on Ronnie, Trump + Murphy so I could try and guarantee at least 1 player in the final that I had a bet on, and hopefully 2 for guaranteed profit :)

• edited April 2015
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

any more tips idonkcallu?? ;)

tbf Stevens looked very good.
  • edited April 2015
    haha i was just picking players at big prices out of the short price 1s robertson will be hard to beat such a great match player very hard to beat 

and o sullivan but i wont back him as i will be happy for the guy for him to win it without having a win
  • edited April 2015
    hows perry getting on jordz ;)
  • edited April 2015
    hows perry getting on jordz ;)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

Haha yeah, he came out said hes good enough to win it, and then bottled it.. was very surprising, but fair play to Murphy i didnt have him down as a contender but in this form he could win the whole thing...

I backed against Selby from the beginning so already have a decent profit locked up. But could do with Judd winning it for some extra beer money!
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: looking for a bet on the snooker.. Ronnie all the way?! : Haha yeah, he came out said hes good enough to win it, and then bottled it.. was very surprising, but fair play to Murphy i didnt have him down as a contender but in this form he could win the whole thing... I backed against Selby from the beginning so already have a decent profit locked up. But could do with Judd winning it for some extra beer money!
    Posted by jordz16
    Anyone past 35 that isn't Ronnie never had a chance to win it IMO. John Higgins is another one that I steered clear of - even tho in good form and has great record, I can't see him winning another world title.

I placed my bet on Murphy in November but back then it was more of a punt... he looked to be coming into good form but I didn't truly believe he could win it. However, at 20/1 I was banking on his price shortening over the next few months. When he won the Masters in emphatic fashion in January and his price shortened to 10/1, it was then that I seriously believed that he could actually go on to win it.

Currently, all my 4 bets are still in the competition. I never really fancied Ding either and still don't, but you never know with Ding and I wanted to hedge my bets in case he somehow beats Trump + Ronnie on the way to a final!

• edited April 2015
    Trump has potted some brilliant balls already at this championship btw!! If they do a shot of the tournament soon, I imagine he'd be in at least 50% of them!
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: looking for a bet on the snooker.. Ronnie all the way?! : Anyone past 35 that isn't Ronnie never had a chance to win it IMO. John Higgins is another one that I steered clear of - even tho in good form and has great record, I can't see him winning another world title. I placed my bet on Murphy in November but back then it was more of a punt... he looked to be coming into good form but I didn't truly believe he could win it. However, at 20/1 I was banking on his price shortening over the next few months. When he won the Masters in emphatic fashion in January and his price shortened to 10/1, it was then that I seriously believed that he could actually go on to win it. Currently, all my 4 bets are still in the competition. I never really fancied Ding either and still don't, but you never know with Ding and I wanted to hedge my bets in case he somehow beats Trump + Ronnie on the way to a final!
    Posted by F_Ivanovic

Yeah i never fancied him to actually win it, but he had a fairly soft draw and it looked a better value angle to oppose Selby.. I think the only bets i have now will be to oppose Ronnie, so may back Bingham for the next round... in terms of the outright it looks a 3 horse race to me, there isnt much between Robertson, Trump and Murphy
  • edited April 2015
    Trump now gone favourite for the whole thing.... played absolutely incredible today.
  • edited April 2015
    wont beat ronnie if they meet :)
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: looking for a bet on the snooker.. Ronnie all the way?! : Yeah i never fancied him to actually win it, but he had a fairly soft draw and it looked a better value angle to oppose Selby.. I think the only bets i have now will be to oppose Ronnie, so may back Bingham for the next round... in terms of the outright it looks a 3 horse race to me, there isnt much between Robertson, Trump and Murphy
    Posted by jordz16

Boom! Just need Judd to win now for a lovely payday ££££
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: looking for a bet on the snooker.. Ronnie all the way?! : Yeah i never fancied him to actually win it, but he had a fairly soft draw and it looked a better value angle to oppose Selby.. I think the only bets i have now will be to oppose Ronnie, so may back Bingham for the next round... in terms of the outright it looks a 3 horse race to me, there isnt much between Robertson, Trump and Murphy
    Posted by jordz16

Boom! Just need Judd to win now for a lovely payday ££££
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: looking for a bet on the snooker.. Ronnie all the way?! : Boom! Just need Judd to win now for a lovely payday ££££
    Posted by jordz16
    Nice bet on Bingham! I wanted to back him plenty of times during the match but seemed silly to do after having a bet on Ronnie outright.

Wish I wasn't such a nit with betting haha.... I'll win £100 if either Trump or Murhphy win (about £60 profit given I backed 4 players!) - profit is profit tho :)
  • edited May 2015
    Gutted about Trump, but I hedged my bets some more and at 15-14 iirc I backed Bingham at 9/2 to win 17-16. Thought it was great value as I know Trump is very dangerous when nothing to lose and it showed with hsi 2 centuries!

Almost broke even on the snooker bets now, so a Murphy win tomorrow will be the difference between breaking even and a £100 profit!