You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What do you have to do?

edited November 2015 in Poker Chat
...to get a picture moderated around here?

...kind of takes the spontaneity out of a discussion when the visual gag takes so many hours to follow the original post.

Comments

• edited April 2015
                             I              I 
                            III        III
                           II II          IIIIII    
                          IIIIIII        IIIIIIII
                         III   III          II
                        III     III       IIIIII

Use other means 
  • edited April 2015
    25 hours and counting....

32 from the first photo on friday afternoon.

Any chance of a review of how photos are approved and indeed whether they even need to be?

Maybe after a qualifying period of posts people should be allowed to add photos and then dealt with appropriately if anything inappropriate is used, just as they are for written posts?

There are filters available to check if a pic is of a known offensive variety.
  • edited April 2015

I believe forum mods can (or at least 'could') approve their own photos instantly. 

I'm not sure why they aren't allowed to mod all the pictures, it must be a 'technical' reason.

Hopefully it's worth the wait. 

Just incase it isn't, heres a thread saver.  

• edited April 2015
    A pic of me would be very offensive,it is why it takes so long,they have to be sure you no :):):):) they would never want mine to slip through there net lol xxxxx
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: What do you have to do?:
    I believe forum mods can (or at least 'could') approve their own photos instantly.  I'm not sure why they aren't allowed to mod all the pictures, it must be a 'technical' reason. Hopefully it's worth the wait.  Just incase it isn't, heres a thread saver.    
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Ah well these things are rarely worth the wait - even if I manage to bump the threads when the pic eventually materialises, the moment has passed.

I am looking forward to your thread saver though, I'll check back in June shall I?

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: What do you have to do? : Ah well these things are rarely worth the wait - even if I manage to bump the threads when the pic eventually materialises, the moment has passed. I am looking forward to your thread saver though, I'll check back in June shall I?
    Posted by Phantom66

• edited April 2015
    I believe forum mods can (or at least 'could') approve their own photos instantly.  I'm not sure why they aren't allowed to mod all the pictures, it must be a 'technical' reason. Hopefully it's worth the wait.  Just incase it isn't, heres a thread saver.    
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Not quite... posts (containing photos) by moderators bypass the photo approval process completely, so they don't have to approve them.
    The forum moderators don't have access to the photo approval function, as it's part of the back-end admin panel of this Pluck forum software that only the site administrators can use (people like Sky Rich/Blandie in the past).

• edited April 2015

^^^

What Nosey said.

I agree with Phantom though, it's not good enough, & it needs to be better.

I'm not sure I can assist, but I will ask the question.

• edited April 2015
    lambie knows how
  • edited April 2015
    ***BUMP***

Fearing the anti-climax when the pics start appearing (here + lets bring the fun back thread + famous poker player thread)

...but continuing with the point that to keep up with other social media sources it would be good to have speedier means of pic approval e.g. auto-filtering of inappropriate content and instant ban for people who get round the filters.
  • edited April 2015
    ***BUMP*** Fearing the anti-climax when the pics start appearing (here + lets bring the fun back thread + famous poker player thread) ...but continuing with the point that to keep up with other social media sources it would be good to have speedier means of pic approval e.g. auto-filtering of inappropriate content and instant ban for people who get round the filters.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Hi Phantom,

I've not forgotten this, & I agree, it's not very satisfactory at all.

I don't have any authority or clout in these (or any other!) matters, but I will bring it to their attention.
  • edited April 2015
    ***BUMP*** Fearing the anti-climax when the pics start appearing (here + lets bring the fun back thread + famous poker player thread) ...but continuing with the point that to keep up with other social media sources it would be good to have speedier means of pic approval e.g. auto-filtering of inappropriate content and instant ban for people who get round the filters.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Well I liked the skelington :-)

• edited April 2015
    Cheers for the approvals

I am not so worried about the quality of mine having seen dohs
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: What do you have to do? : Hi Phantom, I've not forgotten this, & I agree, it's not very satisfactory at all. I don't have any authority or clout in these (or any other!) matters, but I will bring it to their attention.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks Tikay
  • edited April 2015
    To be fair, its a big deal on a forum. Nothing better than a perfectly timed picture for maximum amusement.
    Whilst the sky forum is obviously great, I think it would be a massive improvement to be able to post pictures instantly.
  • edited November 2015
    BUMP.

Time has passed, so I just thought I would try again
  • edited November 2015
    Its an instant picture of sky pending approval picture displayed instantly...

As a test..ill post the same picture, lets see if its instant...
  • edited November 2015
    Edit. * approved*
  • edited November 2015
    Its fixed.

Thats what i posted .
  • edited November 2015
    hahahahaha

Pics are still pending from a few threads. Think concentrating on ukops though
  • edited November 2015
    BUMP. Time has passed, so I just thought I would try again
    Posted by Phantom66

Hi Phantom.

Can't disagree, it is a bit of a nuisance, no doubt about it.

This is one of those oddities that even I don't really understand. I have asked the question on numerous occasions over the last 6 or 7 years, but I'm still not clear exactly why it is the problem it seems to be.

It seems to be a policy thing as to photographs. I have a Forum elsewhere, it has
     over 2 million posts on it, & any registered Member can upload a photo without seeking approval. In 10 years, we have had just ONE violation of trust, but I'm sure Sky Poker has good reason.

I don't even know exactly whom the decision & responsibility rests with, & I've been here since before the Forum - or even the poker site - even started. I THINK it sits outside the Poker Team, somewhere in SB&G generally, but I honestly don't know exactly where. 

I was with JP in Punta Cana last week, & in seniority terms, we are in a different world, he's a Serious Suit, & I'm the sponge boy, but he could not upload photos, & I could. Go figure that one.

I can upload photos without approval, which I'm grateful for, but, even odder, I can't approve other people's photographs, even though I have sort of enhanced Admin Rights on the Community.

So at present, approval sits with Dan  - who has been off work, unwell, for a month or more. In his absence, I guess it falls to Sam, who has his hands more than full in Dan's absence, what with UKOPS, another forward project due to be announced in the next few days, & some other stuff. Yes, "instant" Community photographs would be nice - they SO enhance a Forum - but as a Priority, fair to say, right now it's hardly top of the list. 

I'll ask again, when I next speak to Sir Senior Suit.

It is a nuisance, I agree, but not the end of the world.

I'll try & give you an update after I've spoken to The Man.  
  • edited November 2015
    Sorry to see that Dan is unwell.

His absence had been noticed and presence missed. Responsiveness on issues around the lobby setup among many other things has been first class.

Please pass on my best wishes should you get the chance.

• edited November 2015
    Sorry to hear Dan is unwell. Please send him my best wishes and hope he manages to come back soon. He has definately been missed. Thank you Tikay.
  • edited November 2015
    Sorry to hear about Dan too. A star of the Sky family. Wish him all the best and hope to see him return very soon.

• edited November 2015
    Hi Tikay,

You answered some of this on JJs thread in that you need "back room" access to be able to approve a photo which means while you have moderator access for posts - you cannot approve photos.

We also know that sky poker are 50% down in terms of the people who have such access rights and regularly check the forum.

However it would really still be much better for the forum if people could upload photos without them needing to be approved at all.

I can't think of another forum or social media system where photo moderation is required in advance. At best it really slows down interaction. The workaround is to put a link to a photo share website in which case sky poker are driving people AWAY from their own website. At worst it just stops people bothering to use this medium at all.

Can the rules be adjusted so that all posters are trusted to upload photos? Or maybe posters who have been on the forum for a set amount of time, or number of posts?

Obviously any abuse would need to be swiftly acted upon. There is already a report abuse button and existing moderators can close a thread/delete a whole post if needed.

I know you are in favour of this, just wondering if there is either a definitive reason why it is not possible or absolute confirmation that the suits will never entertain it. In which case I'll quit asking.
  • edited November 2015
    Hi Tikay, You answered some of this on JJs thread in that you need "back room" access to be able to approve a photo which means while you have moderator access for posts - you cannot approve photos. We also know that sky poker are 50% down in terms of the people who have such access rights and regularly check the forum. However it would really still be much better for the forum if people could upload photos without them needing to be approved at all. I can't think of another forum or social media system where photo moderation is required in advance. At best it really slows down interaction. The workaround is to put a link to a photo share website in which case sky poker are driving people AWAY from their own website. At worst it just stops people bothering to use this medium at all. Can the rules be adjusted so that all posters are trusted to upload photos? Or maybe posters who have been on the forum for a set amount of time, or number of posts? Obviously any abuse would need to be swiftly acted upon. There is already a report abuse button and existing moderators can close a thread/delete a whole post if needed. I know you are in favour of this, just wondering if there is either a definitive reason why it is not possible or absolute confirmation that the suits will never entertain it. In which case I'll quit asking.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Morning.

Can't actually disagree with a word of that (see my previous post in this thread).

I did have another long chat with Upstairs about this last week, & I'm afraid I made no progress at all. It's all too long & convoluted to explain the "why", & I'm not sure I understand it myself, but it is what it is, & I can't do any more than I have. There is a reason, fair to say, & I don't really understand it, equally fair to add.

I have the same convo with them periodically, have done since the Forum opened, & will continue to do so as & when appropriate for as long as I'm around.

It's not the end of the world really, but it would definitely help brighten this place up, as would even the most basic things like emoticons & card graphics.

All things come (eventually) to those who wait, or so I'm told, so fingers crossed we'll sort it eventually. At this rate, I'll be a pensioner before it happens.  

• edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: What do you have to do? : Morning. Can't actually disagree with a word of that (see my previous post in this thread). I did have another long chat with Upstairs about this last week, & I'm afraid I made no progress at all. It's all too long & convoluted to explain the "why", & I'm not sure I understand it myself, but it is what it is, & I can't do any more than I have. There is a reason, fair to say, & I don't really understand it, equally fair to add.   I have the same convo with them periodically, have done since the Forum opened, & will continue to do so as & when appropriate for as long as I'm around. It's not the end of the world really, but it would definitely help brighten this place up, as would even the most basic things like emoticons & card graphics.   All things come (eventually) to those who wait, or so I'm told, so fingers crossed we'll sort it eventually. At this rate, I'll be a pensioner before it happens.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    That's brilliant news Tikay, I never expected it be so soon.