You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

900 millionth hand

edited April 2015 in Poker Chat
Do we even have an indication what hand number sky are on now?

Comments

• edited April 2015
    rofl!!* sorry, not sorry!
    :)

*open a cash table?
    xx
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to 9 millionth hand:
    Do we even have an indication what hand number sky are on now?
    Posted by Riptide

Hi Rip,

The current hand number is displayed on every table, at the top, sort of middle, down a bit, then left a bit. ("Golden Shot" style, do you remember that, with Anne Aston & Bob Monkhouse?)

The current hands are in the region of   898,786,744
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: 9 millionth hand:
    In Response to 9 millionth hand : Hi Rip, The current hand number is displayed on every table, at the top, sort of middle, then left a bit. (Golden Shot style, do you remember that, with Anne Aston?) The current hands are in the region of   898,786,744
    Posted by Tikay10
    I think you'll find it's a little more than that, Tikay.

That was so three minutes ago.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: 9 millionth hand : I think you'll find it's a little more than that, Tikay. That was so three minutes ago.
    Posted by Slipwater
    im starting to agree with dex,always pulling people up arnt ya ;)
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: 9 millionth hand : im starting to agree with dex,always pulling people up arnt ya ;)
    Posted by stokefc
    Sigh... ;)
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: 9 millionth hand : Sigh... ;)
    Posted by Slipwater
    Lol, oh man! Maybe definition of light humour and banter needs defining :)

I found it funny even if no one else did! 
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: 9 millionth hand : Lol, oh man! Maybe definition of light humour and banter needs defining :) I found it funny even if no one else did! 
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Try telling Dexter that!
  • edited April 2015
    Anyone any idea what happens if the 9 millionth hand is on a freeplay table?
  • edited April 2015
    Anyone any idea what happens if the 9 millionth hand is on a freeplay table?
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    Hi '67

The splurge says (my italics)......

".....Any real money Cash, Sit & Go or Tournament tables will qualify....."

And the T & C's state....

"3. The milestone hand can be won at any Cash, Sit & Go or Tournament table that is real money. If the hand falls on a freeplay table, the bonus will move to the next sequential hand on a real money table."

• edited April 2015
    Thanks Tikay, guess I should read the T&Cs. Due to decrepitude, my eyesight isn't what it used to be, so I generally miss anything in small print.
  • edited April 2015
    Thanks Tikay, guess I should read the T&Cs. Due to decrepitude, my eyesight isn't what it used to be, so I generally miss anything in small print.
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    Ha, don't talk to me about decreptitude & failing eyesight, that's my department.

Can you read this OK?

Inverness CT 3 Celtic 2
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: 9 millionth hand : Ha, don't talk to me about decreptitude & failing eyesight, that's my department. Can you read this OK? Inverness CT 3 Celtic 2
    Posted by Tikay10
    My eyesight maybe bad, but it is not as bad as that bloody refs!
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to 9 millionth hand : Hi Rip, The current hand number is displayed on every table, at the top, sort of middle, down a bit, then left a bit. ("Golden Shot" style, do you remember that, with Anne Aston & Bob Monkhouse?) The current hands are in the region of   898,786,744
    Posted by Tikay10
    They aren't visible in mini view on any formats nor are they visible at all in classic view?
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: 9 millionth hand : They aren't visible in mini view on any formats nor are they visible at all in classic view?
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    I don't actually know the way round that, Tennis Bloke, sorry.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: 9 millionth hand : Ha, don't talk to me about decreptitude & failing eyesight, that's my department. Can you read this OK? Inverness CT 3 Celtic 2
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ban this man!
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: 9 millionth hand : They aren't visible in mini view on any formats nor are they visible at all in classic view?
    Posted by F_Ivanovic

Hand id's are given at the start of each hand (in the chat box) if you click on full summary. 
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by Tikay10
  • edited April 2015

Ahh, thanks Alan, Don.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: 9 millionth hand : Ban this man!
    Posted by LARSON7
    +1
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: 9 millionth hand : Hand id's are given at the start of each hand (in the chat box) if you click on full summary. 
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Classic view doesn't have the chat box - guess the only way around it is to play in a non-classic view set-up!
  • edited April 2015
    What happens if the hand occurs on a PLO8 table and its a split pot?
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: 900 millionth hand:
    What happens if the hand occurs on a PLO8 table and its a split pot?
    Posted by VespaPX
    The whole of Sky Poker implodes because the software gets so confused trying to pay out bonuses to the people that have been quartered.

That said, what happens at any table with a split pot - I mean, I assume all 6 players go insta-all-in when they see the 900,000,000 hand come in... but if none of those 6 hands have a diamond (say) and the board comes with 5 diamonds... does everyone 'win' and get rewarded accordingly?
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: 900 millionth hand : The whole of Sky Poker implodes because the software gets so confused trying to pay out bonuses to the people that have been quartered. That said, what happens at any table with a split pot - I mean, I assume all 6 players go insta-all-in when they see the 900,000,000 hand come in... but if none of those 6 hands have a diamond (say) and the board comes with 5 diamonds... does everyone 'win' and get rewarded accordingly?
    Posted by shakinaces
    Now that would be funny :-))
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: 900 millionth hand : The whole of Sky Poker implodes because the software gets so confused trying to pay out bonuses to the people that have been quartered. That said, what happens at any table with a split pot - I mean, I assume all 6 players go insta-all-in when they see the 900,000,000 hand come in... but if none of those 6 hands have a diamond (say) and the board comes with 5 diamonds... does everyone 'win' and get rewarded accordingly?
    Posted by shakinaces

Ha!

Would be fun to see a quartered pot.

I'm guessing you don't play PLO or PLO8? If the board comes 5 diamonds and nobody has TWO diamonds in their hand (one is no good) nobody has a flush and the winner will be the best non diamond hand.

:)
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: 900 millionth hand : Ha! Would be fun to see a quartered pot. I'm guessing you don't play PLO or PLO8? If the board comes 5 diamonds and nobody has TWO diamonds in their hand (one is no good) nobody has a flush and the winner will be the best non diamond hand. :)
    Posted by Tikay10
    But the best hand must still be the one with the highest diamond, whether a player holds two or not, or is that specific to hold em?
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: 900 millionth hand : But the best hand must still be the one with the highest diamond, whether a player holds two or not, or is that specific to hold em?
    Posted by Slipwater

I'm pretty sure you boys are whooshing me here, or trying to......

But no, in PLO you MUST use 2 cards from your hand.

One diamond in our hand on a 4 diamond board is not a flush in PLO.

Look at it t'other way.

If we must use 2 cards from our hand (no more, no less) then we MUST use 3 (no more, no less) from the board. So we don't have a flush if we have a bare diamond.

You whooshed me, right? 
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by shakinaces
    I think Shaky was referring to Holdem in his 2nd paragraph.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: 900 millionth hand : I think Shaky was referring to Holdem in his 2nd paragraph.
    Posted by VespaPX

Ahh, FOREST. (I can say that instead of a real swear word, right?).

Apologies to Shaky, I misundestooded.

In other random but jolly exciting news, I am doing these posts from a moving train. How neat is that?
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: 900 millionth hand : Ahh, FOREST. (I can say that instead of a real swear word, right?). Apologies to Shaky, I misundestooded. In other random but jolly exciting news, I am doing these posts from a moving train. How neat is that?
    Posted by Tikay10
    No - reported and ban due !!

• edited April 2015
    Yep, everyone playing the board in NLH would be a interesting scenario.

When do we reckon we'll get there, Robb should have a ready reckoner somewhere to work it out.