You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Marketing messages

edited April 2015 in Poker Chat

So an example would be the 900 millionth hand.

We expect this to hit soon and people might like to know that. Say we thought 'its going to hit in the next two hours, let's tell people'.

Which of the above options works best for you or is likely to get your attention?

Comments

• edited April 2015

Hi everyone

Assuming you are opted in to get marketing communications from us....

• edited April 2015
    Hi Sky Poker.
    Thats a very broad question to hold a poll on......

imo it would be very dependent on the type of promotion. For instance, if you were running a promotion next month, then email notification works just fine for me. Push & Text Msging would just get annoying as the promo isn't current.

If the promotion was happening in the next few hours then Push & Text is a great way of notifying me and would give me a greater chance of taking part, whereas if you notified me by email, I would probably miss the promo as i'm not always logged onto my email account.

So for me it would be very dependent on the time scale of the promo.

For this reason I have been unable to vote, but I hope my input helps.  
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Marketing messages:
    Hi Sky Poker. Thats a very broad question to hold a poll on...... imo it would be very dependent on the type of promotion. For instance, if you were running a promotion next month, then email notification works just fine for me. Push & Text Msging would just get annoying as the promo isn't current. If the promotion was happening in the next few hours then Push & Text is a great way of notifying me and would give me a greater chance of taking part, whereas if you notified me by email, I would probably miss the promo as i'm not always logged onto my email account. So for me it would be very dependent on the time scale of the promo. For this reason I have been unable to vote, but I hope my input helps.  
    Posted by POKERTREV
     BIG +1
  • edited April 2015
    What on earth is Push messaging anyway?
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by FCHD
    Push notifications are messages sent to users on their home screen when they are not in the app.
  • edited April 2015
    Hi Sky Poker. Thats a very broad question to hold a poll on...... imo it would be very dependent on the type of promotion. For instance, if you were running a promotion next month, then email notification works just fine for me. Push & Text Msging would just get annoying as the promo isn't current. If the promotion was happening in the next few hours then Push & Text is a great way of notifying me and would give me a greater chance of taking part, whereas if you notified me by email, I would probably miss the promo as i'm not always logged onto my email account. So for me it would be very dependent on the time scale of the promo. For this reason I have been unable to vote, but I hope my input helps.  
    Posted by POKERTREV
    This
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by FCHD
    Was going to ask but didn't want to feel any older ;-(.
    Doubt this would work on my 12 year old mobile anyway.
  • edited April 2015
    Seeing as telex isn't included in the poll I'll have to go for email
  • edited April 2015
    Seeing as telex isn't included in the poll I'll have to go for email
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Haven't you got a fax machine?
    tut tut keep up! :-))
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Marketing messages : Push notifications are messages sent to users on their home screen when they are not in the app.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    I don't have any Apple devices so don't have any use for the app, but I'm sure I'd find this really annoying.