You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FOREST!!

edited April 2015 in Poker Chat
There ive said it.... sorry if youre offended by me calling you that but i needed to say it... Anyone have the feintest clue why this word would be deemed innapropriate and offensive in sky pokers chat bar?  

Comments

• edited April 2015

you xxxxxxx, you xxxxxxx xxxxxxx

posts like yours should be xxxxxxx deleted.

• edited April 2015
    You disgust me Vinny

Come on you Rams :)
  • edited April 2015

I am guessing that it may have been taken as a reference to Forest Gump, in which case it may have been meant in a derogatory way. Having said that I am called far worse on a frequent basis, not least when I am talking to myself.

If it led to a warning or chat ban then that's a bit harsh IMO.  

• edited April 2015
    Although if it refers to someone being a Notts Forest fan that could be far, far worse.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: FOREST!!:
    You disgust me Vinny Come on you Rams :)
    Posted by Jac35
    Zamora is a better word
  • edited April 2015
    I am guessing that it may have been taken as a reference to Forest Gump, in which case it may have been meant in a derogatory way. Having said that I am called far worse on a frequent basis, not least when I am talking to myself. If it led to a warning or chat ban then that's a bit harsh IMO.  
    Posted by Enut
    But Forrest Gump has two r's.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: FOREST!! : But Forrest Gump has two r's.
    Posted by Slipwater
    That is true. I may well be wrong if we assume that every comment in the chat box is spelt correctly.

I stand, well sit, corrected.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: FOREST!! : That is true. I may well be wrong if we assume that every comment in the chat box is spelt correctly. I stand, well sit, corrected.
    Posted by Enut
    My point was that surely Sky wouldn't ban an incorrectly spelled pejorative term?
  • edited April 2015
    I don't think it is banned, although I haven't tried it. OP simply states that that it was 'deemed innapropriate and offensive', I guess by CC. Maybe they saw it in context, which we haven't.

Lots of swear words are banned and derivations of those words probably are too. I've seen some inventive ways of getting your point across in chat box though, which I always have some respect for.

If you can get away with incorrect spelling then that panders to the illiterate, abusive players and I shall have to adapt my chat box abuse accordingly! 
  • edited April 2015
    I thought I had the answer, but alas, I can't see the wood for the trees.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: FOREST!! : Zamora is a better word
    Posted by eon1961
    It's been nearly a year. I can smile now.
    I'm sure
    Actually, I'm not sure
    Nope, definitely can't smile now 
    Grrrrr

:)
  • edited April 2015
    I always just assumed it was a result of senior figures at Sky Poker being Derby fans...

I'm also guessing that there are other even dafter things that are banned.

L M F AO got blocked when I tried to say GG to him/her in the DTD on Monday.  It just came up 'GG ****' and I probably just came across as an angry loser as a result :)

edit: Can't use that 5 letter acronym on forums either.  Daft.
  • edited April 2015

(i recall that) what amplifies the whole thing is that the censorship mechanism inserts 4 asterisks no matter how many characters were in the typed word.

this makes the intended word look like the most offensive possible, when it may well have been the word forest.

e.g.  do bears **** in the ****

• edited April 2015
    I'm guessing but it might something to do with it starting with FO in capitals ??
  • edited April 2015
    I'm guessing but it might something to do with it starting with FO in capitals ??
    Posted by VespaPX

Well by that definition Mick, you wouldn’t be able to talk about the Florida Ornithological Society without typing the whole thing, so that can’t be right.

• edited April 2015

on that point, i recall seeing the banner at the london olympics in support of the world taekwondo federation.  simply stating, "WTF"

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: FOREST!! : Well by that definition Mick, you wouldn’t be able to talk about the Florida Ornithological Society without typing the whole thing, so that can’t be right.
    Posted by Slipwater
    BIRDS !
    Is that all you think about? :-)
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: FOREST!! : BIRDS ! Is that all you think about? :-)
    Posted by VespaPX
    Which is deliciously ironic, as no birds think about him.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: FOREST!! : Which is deliciously ironic, as no birds think about him.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Pfft!

As if they have actual thoughts beyond make-up, handbags and heels.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: FOREST!! : Pfft! As if they have actual thoughts beyond make-up, handbags, heels & booze.
    Posted by Slipwater
    :)
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: FOREST!! : :)
    Posted by samantha25
    I should've known my personal troll would be along to fix my post...
  • edited April 2015
    Well it upset me as I am a Forest fan and don't need reminding of it.
  • edited April 2015
    I don't think it is banned, although I haven't tried it. OP simply states that that it was 'deemed innapropriate and offensive', I guess by CC. Maybe they saw it in context, which we haven't. Lots of swear words are banned and derivations of those words probably are too. I've seen some inventive ways of getting your point across in chat box though, which I always have some respect for.   If you can get away with incorrect spelling then that panders to the illiterate, abusive players and I shall have to adapt my chat box abuse accordingly! 
    Posted by Enut

it gets the 4 star treatment (starred out)  but you can say gump!!

strange....
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to FOREST!!:
    There ive said it.... sorry if youre offended by me calling you that but i needed to say it... Anyone have the feintest clue why this word would be deemed innapropriate and offensive in sky pokers chat bar?  
    Posted by vinny67
    I have absolutely no idea, Vinny.

I do wonder about it from time to time, but it's just one of those anachronisms, something that faintly amuses me rather than annoys me.

I did ask the Office about it once, & they looked at me a bit gone out.

When I used to do the daily Updates from the WSOP (FCHD, God bless him, does most of them for us now) & C & P a list of overnight chip counts, it was a bit of a nightmare, as the profanity filter gets really tetchy, & blocks out loads of seemingly innocent names, it can take ages to get sort that out.
  • edited April 2015
    I wonder how the filter deals with 'A nice pair', Anything to do with a jack, 'Another limper', doing a 'nice job with that hand' and 'C' betting ?
  • edited April 2015
    I wonder how the filter deals with 'A nice pair', Anything to do with a jack, 'Another limper', doing a 'nice job with that hand' and 'C' betting ?
    Posted by Benchmark

Having just had a very nice pair in my hand i didnt dare to mention it in chat...just in case....
  • edited April 2015
    According to urban dictionary.

The f word with 1 r is used to describe someone with a large amount of pubic hair.

While with 2 rs it is a well endowed man ie he has a lot of wood

I guess that is why it is on the naughty words list?
  • edited April 2015
    According to urban dictionary. The f word with 1 r is used to describe someone with a large amount of pubic hair. While with 2 rs it is a well endowed man ie he has a lot of wood I guess that is why it is on the naughty words list?
    Posted by Phantom66
    Good Lord - learn something new every day.
  • edited April 2015
    According to urban dictionary. The f word with 1 r is used to describe someone with a large amount of pubic hair. While with 2 rs it is a well endowed man ie he has a lot of wood I guess that is why it is on the naughty words list?
    Posted by Phantom66
    I'm actually surprised the word 'pubic' is allowed.
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by Phantom66
    So that's why someone compared me to a tree stump the other day.