You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

tips from the inside rail

edited April 2015 in Betting Chat
this is a service that costs around 30 pound a month ,I no the guy who sends me the e mails so I will share a few to see how we go on,,,don't shoot the messanger

Inside Rail Early Service - 25th April 1:45 Ripon One of my horses to follow this year is See And Be Seen. I have it noted down as all its wins have come when racing within 16 days of last run and on good or fast
To
Inside Rail
Apr 24 at 9:28 PM
Early Service - 25th April

1:45 Ripon

One of my horses to follow this year is See And Be Seen. I have it noted down as all its wins have come when racing within 16 days of last run and on good or faster ground. I also said it stays very well. Ran a decent race last time on its seasonal debut when only fading late on. With a quick turn out of 8 days and a low weight to carry I expect it to go very close in almost perfect conditions.

1pt e/w See And Be Seen @ 8/1 BetVictor and Coral

2:50 Ripon

A one mile handicap set to be run on good to firm ground in which I hope it will pay to back You're Fired in the hope that it can improve for its first run and show more of that turn of foot for which it produced last year. Was made co second favourite 1st time for a big handicap in Ireland. Prior to that it had been favourite for its last four races, winning just the one of them. This horse has plenty of ability and they clearly think so at home too, however, for whatever reason we are not really seeing it on track. Its handicap mark of 87 looks well within its range, the booking of Graeme Lee looks interesting and this is a fair drop in class for the horse. Don't think it has a problem with the ground though was believed to be better on softer, however, there isn't much in the form to suggest that is neccessarily the case.

With this all in mind it is rather surprising to find it available at 12/1 having started at 8/1 for the Irish Lincolnshire last time on first run of season in a field of 23. Here we have a class 3 handicap withe top rated off 89 and only ten runners in opposition. This is when we have to consider the horse as value.

1pt win You're Fired @ 12/1 Bet365

3:25 Ripon

Big field sprint handicap is what can often get me into trouble. However, I am confident on a big run from Duke Cosimo to return us a profit. A winner of a 20 runner handicap over this course and distance in August last year though its season was soon cut short after. Returned with plenty of promise when 5th at Newcastle in a 16 runner handicap, being the first to finish from a single figure draw. Didn't get the best of runs when bumped a couple of times in running. Should come on for that run, it has won second time up in both its past two seasons. Only 3lb higher than last win and seems best when carrying low weights, plus gets the useful Shane Gray claiming a valuable 3lb off so is racing off the equivalent of the same weight as its win. Drawn in 12, it looks a good place to be amongst the early pace and a lot of its serious rivals. With a clear run I do expect this to go very close indeed.

1pt e/w Duke Cosimo @ 8/1 Paddy Power and Coral

2:35 Sandown

The Oaksey chase looks a thrilling affair though arguably only has the one horse in Argocat going into the race in form. A good second last time, this looks the perfect trip though the faster ground has to be a major concern for a horse whose form has come on softer. Its only win on good came when 2/5 fav in a 3 runner race! Al Ferof is another in which this looks the perfect trip. However, its record after December generally tails off in a season and you have to go back to 2011 since it last win in the new year of a season. Menorah won a poor renewal of this race last year and looks a short price for a horse that is particularly hit and miss. Instead I prefer Pepite Rose at the bottom of the weights with a mares allowance. First things first, the yard form is extremely questionable. Five of the last seven runners have failed to complete the course, but then 6 of the 7 runners were all priced in the double figures. She loves decent ground and has course form here having finished 2nd over 2m here last year to Sire De Grugy. Is weighted to reverse form with Rebel Rebellion on a 1-2 finish at Newbury recently and now this extended trip looks to be within her grasp. Ran with credit last time at Cheltenham despite conceding plenty of weight. She is third highest rated on RPR and the best for Topspeed and I certainly feel a big race could be in for her here.

1pt win Pepite Rose @ 8/1 Bet365, BetVictor and Paddy Power

3:50 Sandown

Bet365 Gold Cup is a challenging race over 3m 5 1/2f. What I like about it is that it is run on a right handed track unlike many of the big staying handicaps throughout a season which are on left handed tracks. This adds another dimension to the analysis of the race. However, the two I have come up with are for pretty different reasons yet both have the potential to run a big race. First I will mention is Paint The Clouds who has done little wrong in winning 6 of its 7 races under rules. More recently has been coasting to victory in hunter chases before coming up jjust short behind the classy On The Fringe at Cheltenham when made favourite. Personally, I felt the ground went against it that day as its form suggests its a better horse on faster ground. At least that is what it encounters here, whilst it has no problem with a right handed track. Handicap mark could well be lenient and you do feel this has been the target since Cheltenham.

At a bigger price I am tempted by Roalco De Farges for Phillip Hobbs. Always been well regarded going back to when it was second to Tidal Bay and Teaforthree as a novice.  Missed all of 2013 before returning and then winning a Newbury handicap in good style. Was made favourite for the Scottish National on the back of that but pulled up. Then ran in this last year and once again was made co favourite despite the Scottish National run where it ran ok, finishing 7th. Started this season well when winning a showcase handicap at Cheltenham. Struggled after that until a good second to Creevytennant in a veterans chase when outpaced at the finish. The step back up in trip should help and looks to have been targeted at this race, this time going in on the back of a placed finish. Gets the Hobbs second string jockey on board and at the age of 10 I don't think it is past it yet.

1pt win Paint The Clouds @ 10/1 Boylesport

0.75pt e/w Roalco De Farges @ 20/1 Widely available

Regards
The Inside Rail

Comments

• edited April 2015
    Dont Shoot The Messenger lol we wont as you  didnt charge £30 lol 
  • edited April 2015
    Inside Rail FORM GURU Both Robin's Command and Cruachan ran shockers yesterday but Angelito very narrowly missed the frame and our day ended in profit once again with the victory by Bally Braes in the Highland Na
    To
    Inside Rail
    Today at 11:39 AM
    FORM GURU

Both Robin's Command and Cruachan ran shockers yesterday but Angelito very narrowly missed the frame and our day ended in profit once again with the victory by Bally Braes in the Highland National at Perth.

Today's racing could be put into turmoil by the threat of rain but, at this time, it's unclear just how much will fall and where. 

Today's Selections:

3.25 Ripon:
    Tatislu. 2 pts win. Available at 6/1.
    Arnold Lane. 0.5 pts e/w. Available at 25/1.
    A decent quality, competitive sprint handicap. Tatislu has shown progressive form in each of his campaigns to date and ran very well in some large field sprint handicaps last season. He resumed this year by winning a 21 runner handicap at Doncaster and if that is a prelude to another season of improvement then a four pound higher mark here looks within his capabilities. He is versatile regarding ground conditions so rain wouldn't scupper his chances and the very good five pound claimer, who rode him last time out, is retained. He is a strong finisher at today's trip and he represents a yard who have a very profitable 27% strike so far with their turf runners this season. At a much bigger price Arnold Lane is considered. He was three lengths behind Tatislu at Doncaster but he hit the front briefly in the latter stages but faded as if in need of the run. He hasn't won for nearly two years but he is now on a career low mark and a few pieces of form last season suggest it's one he is capable of getting very competitive from. He, too, is not ground dependent.      

3.30 - Haydock - Professor. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.
    Professor will need to fare a whole lot better than he has so far done for this yard but his three efforts for them did come in Dubai and he wasn't disgraced in the first of them. Three starts in the space 23 days may not have been ideal and it may be worth taking a lenient view of those performances. Plenty of his form last season suggests his current mark of 101 is appealing if he is capable of repeating it. His last win came over this C/D and earlier handicap performances over six furlongs on fast ground from a seven pound higher mark make good reading in the context of this race. It's possible he doesn't retain that level of ability now but at a double figure price he looks worth supporting to find out. 

3.50 - Sandown - Vics Canvas. 1 pt e/w. Available at 14/1.
    As usual, a fiercely competitive renewal of the Bet365 Gold Cup. Of the home contingent Le Reve and Paint The Clouds make some appeal but preference is for Irish raider, Vics Canvas. He is now well into veteran status but he doesn't have many miles on the clock for a 12 year old and he had been at the top of his game in two starts before falling at the first in the Irish Grand National. That isn't ideal preparation for this but it means he hasn't taken a rise in the weights. He was the facile winner of the Cork National in November and he looked unlucky not to add the Paddy Power Chase at Leopardstown the following month, finding himself short of room in the latter stages and only going down by a length and a half. These big field affairs seem to suit him and, if none the worse for his fall, he could outrun his market price. This ground maybe a bit quicker than ideal but, if he handles it, he won't fail through lack of stamina.    

4.25 - Sandown - Go Odee Go. 1 pt e/w. Available at 14/1.

4.40 - Haydock - Advance. 1.5 pts win. Available at 7/1.

5.00 - Sandown - Jay Are. 1 pt e/w. Available at 11/1.

• edited April 2015
    Inside Rail PRO PUNT Today’s Selection: SOAPY AITKEN (LEICESTER 1.55) - 4 POINT WIN - EVENS AVAILABLE Regards The Inside Rail
    To
    Inside Rail
    Today at 11:44 AM
    PRO PUNT

Today’s Selection:

SOAPY AITKEN (LEICESTER 1.55) - 4 POINT WIN - EVENS AVAILABLE

Regards
    The Inside Rail