You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AA vs KK - SPlit pot

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
I was railing one of the cash tables for a while last night. lJamesl and Lolufold were both playing. There was a hand where PP AA was up against PP KK and they split the pot (about £200 I think). None of the pocket cards got into the "winning hand". Is that strange or what? What do you think the best hand was?

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Some sort of straight ?
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: AA vs KK - SPlit pot:
    Some sort of straight ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    No. Try again.
  • edited January 2010
    A flush - and neither player had a card of that suit.
  • edited January 2010
    ... or quads and an ace on the board.
  • edited January 2010

I have no idea!! - But I was guna start a new discussion, which the highrollers cud help me with - so as theyre likely to be reading this, Im guna sneak the question in on here ;) lol

Its about all this software people go on about to track players actions, how often they raise, call, limp 3bet etc...Having started messing about on another site, a big en, Im just wondering how much of a disadvantage I am at for not using this sort of programme. What percentage of the oppo's I play against will be using this sort of thing to get a head start on me? - Just at low stakes cash tables, maybe $.25/50 for example...

Am I behind before Ive even started here for being stubborn and not using these programmes?

Cheerz 4 any help - What was the hand then? a board of 4, 4, 4, 4 ace? lol

DOHH
  • edited January 2010
    A flush - and neither player had a card of that suit.
    Posted by MereNovice
    You are correct. It was a jack high club flush. Amazingly, all the chips didnt go in and neither player had a club. Lolu and Jam were not involved iin that hand.
  • edited January 2010
    I have no idea!! - But I was guna start a new discussion, which the highrollers cud help me with - so as theyre likely to be reading this, Im guna sneak the question in on here ;) lol Its about all this software people go on about to track players actions, how often they raise, call, limp 3bet etc...Having started messing about on another site, a big en, Im just wondering how much of a disadvantage I am at for not using this sort of programme. What percentage of the oppo's I play against will be using this sort of thing to get a head start on me? - Just at low stakes cash tables, maybe $.25/50 for example... Am I behind before Ive even started here for being stubborn and not using these programmes? Cheerz 4 any help - What was the hand then? a board of 4, 4, 4, 4 ace? lol DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I'd say if your going to multi table on a site in cash cash games, and that site allows PT3 or HEM then get it. You say you started messing about on another site so you r not adverse to signing up for a new account elsewhere. My advice would be to google something like "free poker tracker when you deposit" and you'll find a bunch of sites that will give you the software free with a deposit !!! that way you get the advantage of it without paying
  • edited January 2010
    I have no idea!! - But I was guna start a new discussion, which the highrollers cud help me with - so as theyre likely to be reading this, Im guna sneak the question in on here ;) lol Its about all this software people go on about to track players actions, how often they raise, call, limp 3bet etc...Having started messing about on another site, a big en, Im just wondering how much of a disadvantage I am at for not using this sort of programme. What percentage of the oppo's I play against will be using this sort of thing to get a head start on me? - Just at low stakes cash tables, maybe $.25/50 for example... Am I behind before Ive even started here for being stubborn and not using these programmes? Cheerz 4 any help - What was the hand then? a board of 4, 4, 4, 4 ace? lol DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    its not that big of an advantage. A lot of the numbers can be misleading anyway. Its handy if youre 12 tabling or whatever but anything below that and i think i play the same with or without a hud. Saying that though it might help your game to get it and fix your own leaks plus track your sessions better. Plus you get to make nice graphs.

i doubt many players are using one at .25/.50
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: AA vs KK - SPlit pot : its not that big of an advantage. A lot of the numbers can be misleading anyway. Its handy if youre 12 tabling or whatever but anything below that and i think i play the same with or without a hud. Saying that though it might help your game to get it and fix your own leaks plus track your sessions better. Plus you get to make nice graphs. i doubt many players are using one at .25/.50
    Posted by offshoot
    I reckon there is a lot more than you think using pt/hem at nl50.

Imo you are at quite a disadvantage if you dont have it, and theres no reason you shouldnt have it as someone said you can get it free.  Just earn a certain amount of points in the first month when you make a new acc with a site.

It has its problems though. Pt has so many bugs, that I spend more time trying to get these sorted than playing poker.

It is unusable for me at the moment which I dont mind as I have been only playing on here
  • edited January 2010
    I think better advice if you are signing up to a new site is to sign up through a rakeback site and buy the software directly.  I think the level you play at the rakeback would quickly outweigh the cost of the tracker software and the rakeback keeps giving.